Is multiplayer improved?

Users who are viewing this thread

PowerToni

Recruit
Hi there. Haven't played the game since june I think, due to lack of fun and content. Has multiplayer got better? Is it at least fun to play now as Warband or is it still the same as it was at launch (few maps, few servers, few modes, premade classes)? Thanks

At least for skirmish, Destiny Pickup has made a much better system for finding good matches. But that is more on the community side. Besides that, I guess they have added a few (like 2) maps to each gamemode. Some good balance changes, a few bad (crushthrough), for skrimish at least. Other than that, not that much. Duel and Battle modes are being made, but hard to know when they will be published. Servers are the same. There are some interesting community projects that aim to provide some kind of custom servers.

Haven't played Warband before, but I find Captain in Bannerlord MP to be really good. More maps would be great though.

I'm surprised more single player people are not interested in coming across to captain and getting some deeper strategy and challenge back into the game. As opposed to the more predictable ai battles in sp. Especially when ping is not a big factor in playing captain

Haven't played Warband before, but I find Captain in Bannerlord MP to be really good. More maps would be great though.

I'm surprised more single player people are not interested in coming across to captain and getting some deeper strategy and challenge back into the game. As opposed to the more predictable ai battles in sp. Especially when ping is not a big factor in playing captain
I would play Captain if they made the infantry a little more defensive. Last time I played my teamate attacked 1.7 seconds before I did, and by the time my men joined him they were pretty much defeated and so I got wrecked too.

A voip would help, but I'd still prefer if fights lasted a bit longer.

Yeah, if your fighting an organised infantry with infantry, you have get your timing really good, which can be tough in a random match. The quality of player has improved massively. You will find giving your heavy shield improved armour and stronger shield is a great combo for playing the role your describing as the front line. Aserai can't hold a front line very well but the other Kingdoms can stand in fights for a while and in shield wall for a long time up until they get engulfed by enemies.

You should give it another go, get a good friends list going on (invite them after a match by right clicking their name on the score board) of players who you fight well with and then you will be more likely to end up in their team next time and your captain experience keeps getting better that way.

If you compare it to the previous MP breaking patches, yes. If you compare it to release date til now, NO.

From june to now I hope I recall my memory correctly:
Block delay was decreased or deleted
Movement speed changes
Perks changes
Crush-trough addition (meme)
Throwing weapon aiming delay
Franceska can be used as melee
Stopping a horse with spear is easier
Damage changes
Armour changes
I only play skirmish so for skirmish 2 maps added (Port at Omor and Echerion) which is now 5 maps, for captain idk if the maps were added or anything like that.
Private duel server ( password can be find in forums)
Public server (in custom game) for Siege
I guess some changed for Captain + Siege mode but i don't follow these mods so i can't tell you what was changed
Party members has a different name color while pressing Alt
Searching games changes (6 stack v 6 stack system)
Clan matches - a clans can make a private match

Mechanically from june it changed quite a lot, from the view of non competitive player I don't think you would spot a change in MP gameplay.

The combat certainly feels better, faster and more fluid than it did on release (with a couple major set backs such as crush through that should be completely fixed next patch) however there seems to be near constant packet loss for most players now and the multiplayer experience as a whole hasn't changed much.

Overall it's improved slightly, but balance is arguably at a worse spot than it was, though a lot of this may be fixed when 1.5.5 hits main.

I would call it "meh" at the time.. Its fun for 2-3 games but then you get crush through for 150dmg.. The multiplayer is also still lacking some interesting features, which are in the plans for quite a while already.

Back
Top Bottom