Is it true that barely any perk is implemented?

Users who are viewing this thread

RWBY

Regular
I stumpled over a reddit comment pointing out that barely any perk is even implemented and linked a site which tracks the implementation of those perks.

The tracker: https://www.bannerlordperks.com/

I was curious and quickly calculated how much is roughly implemented overall and I came to a devastating ~42%, just going quickly through the percenteges. Not to mention that those are the numbers for the beta 1.4.2 version, for the current stable version 1.4.1 it looks even more grim.
This istantly killed all the joy I had the past few days and I don't know why there is so little focus being put into getting at least the majority of perks working. But apparently they are working on new features and performance according to their last early access update.
Not to mention how difficult some perks are to level and as a reward for the effort that you put in you get... nothing? Usually it wouldn't be this devastating for an early access title but it is here, considering that it is apparently in development since at least 2012 according to wikipedia and has a hefty 49.99€ price tag on Steam. Those things are comically out of proportion.

My questions are now, is it true and, hopefully I'll get an official answer for the next one, if they are going to put that as a priority to implement for the next few updates.

Use the community patch that has it all implemented: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/186

I'm just as surprised as you that TW doesn't see perks as a priority. Lack of perks kills all progression.

They do find this a priority. However they are trying to maintain balance as they design a new perk system. One could say that they could just implement all current perks just like the community patch has done.

Yes, they could, but they're working changing the entire system. So why would they implement 150+ perks, bug test AND balance while they're designing new perks? This isn't a live game, it's in early access. So this would be a complete waste of resources and money, the money you spent to buy the game.

tldr; They should not be wasting resources implementing a system they know they will not keep during the early access period.

They do find this a priority. However they are trying to maintain balance as they design a new perk system. One could say that they could just implement all current perks just like the community patch has done.

Yes, they could, but they're working changing the entire system. So why would they implement 150+ perks, bug test AND balance while they're designing new perks? This isn't a live game, it's in early access. So this would be a complete waste of resources and money, the money you spent to buy the game.

tldr; They should not be wasting resources implementing a system they know they will not keep during the early access period.
Really? That's a relief then. The thing is I simply couldn't find any news about the new perk system. Do you have a link to that statement?

I suspect we'll see a lot of "redesigns" and "overhauls" and "new implementations" while the mods like Community Patch actually implement real things with value.

They claimed to overhaul the perks. They did 1h and 2h and then nothing.....

Modders need to fix this, like the whole game.

TW is reworking the code of the game again. I guess they´ll do it over and over and over again :grin:

Callum claimed, they have different departments who work on diffenrent stuff. Thats why we still have "This is a generic backstory" ingame, their writers are too busy....

This game is a "good" scam if you ask me. If you ask the fanboys they say it´s EA.

Last edited:
Not only perks but they're reworking whole leveling system so it will be pretty different from what it is right now.
Also, community patch is good suggestion for now. Can you say why weren't you able to make it work?

Yeah seriously, the hell is up with all the "different teams working on different things" why has there been little to no content? Or new maps? New items? Additions to the story and lore? Artwork?

You haven't heard? It's all been refactoring for the last month. They need to redesign. Redo. Re-implement. Start over.

I'm thinking of shelving it too and coming back in a year when they get their priorities together.

Not only perks but they're reworking whole leveling system so it will be pretty different from what it is right now.
Also, community patch is good suggestion for now. Can you say why weren't you able to make it work?
I tried again yesterday with the link veryalien provided and weirdly enough the version I found on github greatly differed from the version on nexusmods. I must have found a dated version at first. It worked without problems once I used the newer version.

What is it like to be "on probation"?
What's that bs about lol
It's been for a month or two now, since I was banned for posting a copypasta in reply to a joke but honestly I've no clue what it is either, does it mean they read all my messages? I already asked Callum to lift my probation but no responses yet.
If they are reading all my messages though, pls unprobation me.

I tried again yesterday with the link veryalien provided and weirdly enough the version I found on github greatly differed from the version on nexusmods. I must have found a dated version at first. It worked without problems once I used the newer version.
Yes, it took few days for modders to update Community Patch, that's why asked, thought you had older version.
Glad it's working for you now. It's an essential mod if you want to enjoy the game in current state.

Back
Top Bottom