Is it possible for Modders to give us the old formation system? IE, each unit "name" can be its own formation again.

Users who are viewing this thread

I think the majority of us currently like the formation system but its lacking in detail in terms of true strategy. Its almost impossible to separate spears and sword units as each unit almost always has one of each. Does anyone know if a modder or if the mod tools allow for such to be done?

This could be done by the developers themselves, giving the players the opportunity to choose the players in the game settings. Instead, they imposed a dull casual **** on us that does not allow even crossbowmen to be sorted out from archers. What prevented me from leaving the old system of sorting troops by type of troops manually in the squad management section, I still don’t understand.

I think the majority of us currently like the formation system but its lacking in detail in terms of true strategy. Its almost impossible to separate spears and sword units as each unit almost always has one of each. Does anyone know if a modder or if the mod tools allow for such to be done?
Actually you can, mate

There a small icon during deployment on each section on the top right corner, on the square

When you click it you can select which units will be prioritize on the formation, I remember seeing: light infantry, medium, heavy, Polearms infantry, etc

I think it's a small arrow, but stay on the "square" you choosing the deployment

Formation

See the symbol of "+" on the corner?

You click there and choose what kind gets priorization

Actually you can, mate

There a small icon during deployment on each section on the top right corner, on the square

When you click it you can select which units will be prioritize on the formation, I remember seeing: light infantry, medium, heavy, Polearms infantry, etc

I think it's a small arrow, but stay on the "square" you choosing the deployment

Formation

You can't manually assign the formations, like you really can't group your troops the way you want.

Game just automatically putting them into predetermined groups and you can do nothing about that, that's the problem

Actually you can, mate

Formation

That's far inferior to the old system though.

I think we would be better off in TW added more troop types or something. What we have now is just not great.

Back
Top Bottom