Is it me, or do riding and athletics level too slowly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Riding levels up pretty fast since you do more damage than on foot. But yea, athletics is a drag even with full focus and 6 endurance.

My riding seems to go up pretty quickly at least to 60 or 90 fairly quickly (I restart a lot since factions snowball out of control so much). It doesnt go up as quickly as weapon skills, but I really wouldnt expect it to.

I ride a lot in combat as well as across the map so I dont know if that makes a difference or not.

Seems to me like they made it go really slow since they are essentially passive in nature and constantly being used. But it doesn't really feel right from a gameplay perspective. If I need to level one or the other up there really isn't jack **** I can do about that. There should be a way to actively train skills in a game where you can only increase skills through use.

I tend to split my time between mounted and not. Athletics feels like it increases at a significantly slower pace than Riding; perhaps due to the difference in damage done when riding.

I ride a lot in combat as well as across the map so I dont know if that makes a difference or not.

You level up by your mode of transport on the map. If you have a horse equipped, you slowly level up your riding ability, and if not, your athletics ability.

I used that to my advantage in my newest game, where I built a character that was entirely focussed on trade, leadership, etc. because I was going to be a steppe merchant guy. I neglected athletics (actually, the top two fighting categories). Big mistake when it comes to things where you're forced to fight on foot (like hideout quests), so I started travelling around on the map without a horse.

I rather like the experience system but to me the issue can be that they have required very specific tasks for the experience. I can lead my army into a 100 battles all successful and leadership has not moved. So to me the system is reasonable but too rigid.

Back
Top Bottom