Is 1.8 it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Complaining about the game won't do anything anyways, once Taleworlds decided the game will be released on console, all the rpg elements of the game were stripped away in favor or turning the game into a meatgrinder battle simulator. Bethesda did the same thing with Fallout 4, got rid of all the rpg in the game and just turned it into a looter shooter. Console players need everything dumbed down for them or their 5 second attention span won't play the game.

All of those flaws and bugs are real. And I agree, they're annoying and shouldn't be there. But many of these do not make the game "terribly broken", but simply woefully unpolished and incomplete.
I'm not here to say that BL is perfect and needs no work. God knows that this game is half-done with a ton of issues. But perhaps it's a difference in how we perceive the phrase " terribly broken", but to me that description would fit if the game was basically unplayable.
Well my definition for broken is when something does not work as it is supposed to.

The relation system with AI lords doesn't do anything relevant at all - so it's fair to say it's terribly broken.

The surrender system with AI lords or garrisons doesn't do anything at all - so it's fair to say it's completely broken.

The player voting system doesn't do anything 80% of the time - so it's fair to say it's terribly broken. Etc. Now extend this assessment to most of the mechanics in the game.

But... even by your definition, the late game IS unplayable though, because you cannot keep clans in your faction as of 1.8.
Which is true for MP, but quite honestly, I don't really care about MP, and clearly neither does TW.
True. But it is then accurate to say that with a nonfunctional MP and nonfunctional lategame SP, overall, Bannerlord is "terribly broken" by your definition.

Complaining about the game won't do anything anyways, once Taleworlds decided the game will be released on console, all the rpg elements of the game were stripped away in favor or turning the game into a meatgrinder battle simulator. Bethesda did the same thing with Fallout 4, got rid of all the rpg in the game and just turned it into a looter shooter. Console players need everything dumbed down for them or their 5 second attention span won't play the game.
I get why Taleworlds wanted quicker battles. Getting knocked out early and having to watch a 20-30 minute battle sucks. But imho battle pace could've been done so much better than making battles turn into a mosh pit. Giving players the ability to end a battle by speeding up time, or an option to end as a simulation or continuation as a companion or even giving players the ability to switch to a bird's eye view and control things like RTS would've kept battles from feel like they're dragging on but still would've given players the ability to act as a battle field commander if they wanted.
I think having the option for more control isn't necessarily a thing that console players would dislike but I think so many gaming companies cater to the lowest common denominator. The system is overly simplistic just so battles end quicker, that's a lazy solution.

I get why Taleworlds wanted quicker battles. Getting knocked out early and having to watch a 20-30 minute battle sucks. But imho battle pace could've been done so much better than making battles turn into a mosh pit. Giving players the ability to end a battle by speeding up time, or an option to end as a simulation or continuation as a companion or even giving players the ability to switch to a bird's eye view and control things like RTS would've kept battles from feel like they're dragging on but still would've given players the ability to act as a battle field commander if they wanted.
I think having the option for more control isn't necessarily a thing that console players would dislike but I think so many gaming companies cater to the lowest common denominator. The system is overly simplistic just so battles end quicker, that's a lazy solution.
When you get knocked out, you have the option to speed up the battles till it's over. Pretty sure there's mods or mods in the future that will fix a lot of the issues you have with the battle system.

When you get knocked out, you have the option to speed up the battles till it's over. Pretty sure there's mods or mods in the future that will fix a lot of the issues you have with the battle system.
Yes I realize that, but instead of using that Taleworlds decided to just make it so even big battles are over in 5 minutes or so. I guess I wasn't too clear about that sorry.

I feel like some people live in some strange alternative reality where this is actually true, or they're literally the less than 1% that really can't run the game properly. Or they're just extremely disingenuous. Can't really tell which it is at this point...

You just have incredibly low standards. I expect games to do a lot more than not crash.

Well, the trick with Mount & Blade has always been that it is so incredibly, unbelievably, sublimely JANKY that you literally can't tell what is a feature and what is a bug.
Half the policies in the game don't do anything? Its a commentary on the futility of politics.
Khuzaits insta-respawn 800 horses that don't exist in the game world? They came from the motherland steppe, cope infantry scum.
3/4's of the weapon tags don't actually do what they say they do? Fog of war, man.
MMR means you can't join a MP game match since 1.7.2? Maybe you should just git gud.
Chamber blocks are only really executed by the AI, behind the back, blind? Heh, you just don't get the game.

Back
Top Bottom