Is 1.8 it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Game's still terribly broken
I feel like some people live in some strange alternative reality where this is actually true, or they're literally the less than 1% that really can't run the game properly. Or they're just extremely disingenuous. Can't really tell which it is at this point...

I feel like some people live in some strange alternative reality where this is actually true, or they're literally the less than 1% that really can't run the game properly. Or they're just extremely disingenuous. Can't really tell which it is at this point...

Well clearly because you don't think it's incredibly broken and incomplete, it's because they're all being disingenuous. The game is superbly perfect.

While I do think that TW lost some of its ambition around the time of release and Bannerlord hasn't quite lived up to its potential (I'm forever thankful that I didn't really follow the dev logs and the conversations around them pre-EA), I don't think the game is going to be widely received as a disaster or even a game that's not good.

Except maybe on the multiplayer side, if they don't manifest some sort of miracle solution for the stability issues.

Tell me if any of these are incorrect.
  • War declarations are constant and stupid - your lords will spam votes to declare war while you are already fighting 2 wars.
  • You can offer peace to someone whose ass you are totally kicking, and they will demand YOU pay tribute.
  • Defeated kingdoms with no land never die off; their ruler can hire mercenaries for free, and will raid you endlessly.
  • Votes mean nothing because lords always vote the same way; 80% of the time you can't change the outcome of a vote as a vassal. As a ruler, you constantly have to spend Influence to reject moronic votes to declare war on your 3rd kingdom, or to pass a policy which is literally broken and has no benefits.
  • Many policies are literally broken and have no benefits, just downsides.
  • With the exception of looters, the AI will never surrender. Even Cowardly lords who are outnumbered by 100x, or a garrison with only a single man defending a castle against your army of 1000, don't surrender. Forcing you to sit through 2 minutes of setup for a fight that lasts 5 seconds.
  • Companion skills level extremely slowly, and the entire heirs system is kind of pointless because they level up their skills so slowly and by the time you need an heir you have probably already conquered most of the map and will snowball to victory anyway.
  • The Personality Traits system has almost no effect on AI behaviour.
  • Relations with nobles is useless. You can have 100 Relation with a clan leader and they still won't vote for your policies or be willing to join your faction.
  • Arrows do way too much damage to armour. A Tier 5 melee unit does the same damage (or worse) as a Tier 5 ranged unit, but the Tier 5 ranged unit can do it from a distance, making them super OP.
  • The AI is unable to use spears and lances correctly.
  • Archers can't shoot circling horses - they always shoot at where the horses were rather than where they will be.
  • The entire morale system doesn't work for all troops above Tier 1, due to a bugged perk (Loyalty and Honor) that makes all T2+ troops immune to morale mechanics.
  • Rain weather effects are in the game code, but don't work. (Snow works, but not rain.)
  • Since release, Multiplayer servers have crashed every 20 minutes, and South America still doesn't have multiplayer servers.
  • Lords will abandon your faction for literally no reason.
This isn't even a complete list.

If you can say that even five of them are incorrect, I will agree the game is "not terribly broken". If you cannot, then OP is correct: The game is terribly broken.

No, it's just you doing a poor man's version of gaslighting. Going full honest here, people with the attention span of a hamster, the intelligence (and stubborness) of a mule and/or people who are dishonest and bitter at anyone who might have a different opinion are usually those always orally pleasuring Taleworlds (or other companies making any kind of product/service.)

Oh so Taleworlds has fixed how the ai constantly spams doomstacks in mid to late game? No? If that's what they really think all that late game should consist of they have either zero imagination, no talent, or just don't give a :poop: about making a fun game. Oh I forgot there's always smithing, and defending villages that you can deal with to break the monotony too. Bannerlord is flawless indeed. :iamamoron:

I hope (but I don't think) that the flaws five bucks listed will be all cared for in the release version. Wether the game is "terribly broken" if not is up to the judgement of each player, depending on the importance of the diverse game features and mechanics to him/her. I can play the game without the problems solved, it is a much less satisfying experience, sure, but I don't consider it "broken". Otherwise I would not play, it's simple.

I hope (but I don't think) that the flaws five bucks listed will be all cared for in the release version. Wether the game is "terribly broken" if not is up to the judgement of each player, depending on the importance of the diverse game features and mechanics to him/her. I can play the game without the problems solved, it is a much less satisfying experience, sure, but I don't consider it "broken". Otherwise I would not play, it's simple.
Maybe some of the stuff will be dealt with by Taleworlds but I'm not holding my breath. I don't think the list he made is what makes the game "terribly broken" just unfun for plenty of people on these forums. I do know that mp is a damn mess, that bugs keep reappearing every new build and the game is just boring after about 10 hours or so in because it's the same crap over and over.

Five Bucks is , of course, right with the list he posted... but just the experience of trying to establish a Kingdom and endgame in general will tell you that the game is poorly planned and poorly made. End game is without doubt broken. When I say broken, I mean it's not 'fit for purpose'. In other words, it's so badly executed that it might as well not be there.

• War declarations are constant and stupid - your lords will spam votes to declare war while you are already fighting 2 wars.
  • You can offer peace to someone whose ass you are totally kicking, and they will demand YOU pay tribute.
  • Defeated kingdoms with no land never die off; their ruler can hire mercenaries for free, and will raid you endlessly.
  • Votes mean nothing because lords always vote the same way; 80% of the time you can't change the outcome of a vote as a vassal. As a ruler, you constantly have to spend Influence to reject moronic votes to declare war on your 3rd kingdom, or to pass a policy which is literally broken and has no benefits.
  • With the exception of looters, the AI will never surrender. Even Cowardly lords who are outnumbered by 100x, or a garrison with only a single man defending a castle against your army of 1000, don't surrender. Forcing you to sit through 2 minutes of setup for a fight that lasts 5 seconds.
  • Companion skills level extremely slowly, and the entire heirs system is kind of pointless because they level up their skills so slowly and by the time you need an heir you have probably already conquered most of the map and will snowball to victory anyway.
  • Relations with nobles is useless. You can have 100 Relation with a clan leader and they still won't vote for your policies or be willing to join your faction.
  • Arrows do way too much damage to armour. A Tier 5 melee unit does the same damage (or worse) as a Tier 5 ranged unit, but the Tier 5 ranged unit can do it from a distance, making them super OP.
  • Archers can't shoot circling horses - they always shoot at where the horses were rather than where they will be.
  • The entire morale system doesn't work for all troops above Tier 1, due to a bugged perk (Loyalty and Honor) that makes all T2+ troops immune to morale mechanics.
  • Rain weather effects are in the game code, but don't work. (Snow works, but not rain.)
  • Since release, Multiplayer servers have crashed every 20 minutes, and South America still doesn't have multiplayer servers.
303krn.jpg

Remember kids: Don't bring a reddit tier comment to a forum fight. Grandpas aint having it.

If you can say that even five of them are incorrect, I will agree the game is "not terribly broken". If you cannot, then OP is correct: The game is terribly broken.
Looks accurate, I didn't know about the moral bug but I don't doubt it. There was something like over 350 "Known issues" in just the SP list last time I looked. And all this is objective problems, not even digging into the more subtle stuff like "living world" "RPG" or missing features players wanted.

Remember kids: Don't bring a reddit tier comment to a forum fight. Grandpas aint having it.

Looks accurate, I didn't know about the moral bug but I don't doubt it. There was something like over 350 "Known issues" in just the SP list last time I looked. And all this is objective problems, not even digging into the more subtle stuff like "living world" "RPG" or missing features players wanted.
Yeah it would even be bearable actually if we were be able to give proper instructions in war. What to besiege, what to raid, what to defend. But we have party stances, apparently

As for tje main question, i dont think this is final. There is much to be done in terms of balancing, but also features. Im hoping at least for activities beside wars

Can't be sure, but perhaps it's reasonable to assume that more focus(and hopefully, complexity) will be put on the pc version now that they're done with the console release?

All of those flaws and bugs are real. And I agree, they're annoying and shouldn't be there. But many of these do not make the game "terribly broken", but simply woefully unpolished and incomplete.
I'm not here to say that BL is perfect and needs no work. God knows that this game is half-done with a ton of issues. But perhaps it's a difference in how we perceive the phrase " terribly broken", but to me that description would fit if the game was basically unplayable.
Which is true for MP, but quite honestly, I don't really care about MP, and clearly neither does TW.

In my opinion the SP experience, while flawed and with many bugs, is not terribly broken at all. The game is playable and fun. Does it still need A LOT of work? Yes, absolutely. But terribly broken is a term I would reserve for a situation much worse than the current one. Like how BL was on Early Access release day. Back then, yea, it was indeed terribly broken.

Last edited:
If your young and grown up in a gaming world where quality is a word you dont know, then its a good and finished game

Back
Top Bottom