Iron Chieftain: Simulated RTS and Citybuilder

Users who are viewing this thread

HERE, This is where you have to share pictures of your game, Mr. Hinds... not in random threads. #ironsequoia

giphy.gif

05/06/2019

2ujgF.jpg

Greetings, ferrous chieftains!

In today's blog we will be covering the "White Genocidetm" system which is ripped wholesale from games like Cities Skylines and Transport Fever. It is more or less a data overlay which fades in and out when you hold the space bar: troops are coloured by faction, roads coloured by type, and buildings, resources and civilians coloured by the jobs associated with them. The name was suggested by our Lead Developer, Farmagan, who pointed out that it made the background white, and that it made it easier for the player to plan and commit in-game genocide. I had my doubts, but our PR manager, Barmagan, gave it the Okay. I have the feeling someone is trying to sabotage our game but I can't put my finger on it.

Our 3D modeller, Charmergan, has been working on some civilian clothing.

IYPJx.png

Below are some examples of the White Genocidetm system. The second screenshot was submitted by our newly hired developer, Dharmagan. He says the error message is impossible to remove, and of course we believe him. We have been hiring a lot of middle aged Turkish men recently, hopefully they prove to be a useful asset to the company. In unrelated news, the newly formed ARMA-YAN worker's union has formed in our offices and have voted unanimously to ban trousers in the workplace.

-4Xuj.jpg

Ki2Vs.png

also have some armour you numpties

rSSPN.png

Join the conversation and comment on the forums! (not a soul in sight)

Hey man, I think there's an issue with the light shadows, and their ability to be supports by the whole project...

Anyway, this looks really cool. Any idea when I'll get to try it out?  :iamamoron:

Mr.Milker said:
Captured Joe said:
The shields and armor look really good, but the shape of the shields looks rather fantasy-ish to me. What is it based on?

Tuor's shield that Avelium made for TLD. :smile:))

I actually meant to do a kite shield, but in my concept sketch it came out a bit lopsided. I would have ignored it but I was reminded of Avelium's shield and how it could actually work.
The edge of the shield is supposed to be a dented metal pattern but the nromalmap there is probably a bit too strong.

Interesting. I have never ever been around these parts of the forum, but I think it feels so familiar...

Jacob, these units move like total war, or can you select individuals? It sort of also reminds me a bit of Hegemony and all the other sequels they produced. (No, i havent read the rest of the topic because i am travelling right now, Orion can slap me later, but i highly doubt he will.)

Such a well written blog, full of intertextual references, this is a masterpiece in devblogging! And please raise the wages of your pr guys, they are doing a terrific job, i can assure you.

Itll only be a matter of time until I start writing walls of text here as well.

BIGGER Kentucky James XXL said:
05/06/2019

2ujgF.jpg

Greetings, ferrous chieftains!

In today's blog we will be covering the "White Genocidetm" system which is ripped wholesale from games like Cities Skylines and Transport Fever. It is more or less a data overlay which fades in and out when you hold the space bar: troops are coloured by faction, roads coloured by type, and buildings, resources and civilians coloured by the jobs associated with them. The name was suggested by our Lead Developer, Farmagan, who pointed out that it made the background white, and that it made it easier for the player to plan and commit in-game genocide. I had my doubts, but our PR manager, Barmagan, gave it the Okay. I have the feeling someone is trying to sabotage our game but I can't put my finger on it.

Our 3D modeller, Charmergan, has been working on some civilian clothing.

IYPJx.png

Below are some examples of the White Genocidetm system. The second screenshot was submitted by our newly hired developer, Dharmagan. He says the error message is impossible to remove, and of course we believe him. We have been hiring a lot of middle aged Turkish men recently, hopefully they prove to be a useful asset to the company. In unrelated news, the newly formed ARMA-YAN worker's union has formed in our offices and have voted unanimously to ban trousers in the workplace.

-4Xuj.jpg

Ki2Vs.png

also have some armour you numpties

rSSPN.png