Invalid Number of Troops

Users who are viewing this thread

G'day,

I'm currently playing Last Breath of the Calradian Empire, I decided to edit my files to add a few things, but ended up screwing up so I took my save game and put it on my desktop and removed all the other files/folders from my LBCE module, and placed the newly installed files inside instead, it was working until I loaded up my save, it gave me an error saying "Invalid Number of troops".

Cheers for any assistance.

You took the save game from the edited version and tried to get it to work with the newly installed version? It looks like an incompatible save game. Try starting a new game instead.

99% of the time, adding troops will break an old save as it's looking for specific troop lines.

An example is, let's say troop.txt #89 is a third tier archer unit from so and so kingdom.  Adding troops anywhere before or after defaults would cause it to break because it's looking for that specific troop number instead of what it's called.  Probably the same would happen if you put anything new in the very last spots after all other troops, it wouldn't be able to find and declare them as in-game.

At least I think that's how it works.....headache's bothering me to think completely straight, and it's been a while too.

Back
Top Bottom