Internet Troubles (Very Slow)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys, I'm hoping I could get help from you guys.

So I have Shaw High Speed Internet, and it used to be really great, until I got my new computer, and since then my internet has these periods where it's really slow. PAINFULLY slow. Even making this thread was painful. Sometimes it lasts from ten minutes to 2 or 3 hours, and not often at the same time. I tried calling Shaw already, and they couldn't help me. I have no idea what to do, I already turned off all the programs I could and it's still slow. It doesn't happen on my dad's computer or my Xbox. It's frustrating, any ideas?

Thanks.

It could be, however, it's not JUST Taleworlds, it's EVERYWHERE and whenever I download anything.

And Internet Prime Time? I'm not fluent with that...

Unless you're just messing with me.

Think he means that lots of people are using the internet where you live.

Could be they're all going to Taleworlds.

Could be.

However, I live in neighborhood full of seniors, and stereotypes tell me they don't use it that often :razz:

And it doesn't happen on my dad's computer or Xbox, so if it was a prime time problem, then it would likely show up on those two aswell, but it doesn't, strange...

Sounds like the tubes are blocked. I reccomend some draino.
Seriously, it's a problem with your comp, are your modem drivers up to date? Is the modem compatible with your new hardware?

Try an internet speed checker and see if it reports a slow connection.

Check the internet card is happy under device manager. Sounds to me like the card might be screwed.

What OS are you running?

Back
Top Bottom