Innovative 2015 submod "Brytenwalda Reworked" pulling together the best features

Users who are viewing this thread

ok here is the rgl log.  ok maybe not, it exceeds allowed length. let me shorten it to the parts that say some kind of error. they might be redundant but i'll post everything

Loading Module Resource  xtree_meshes_b

rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material bark_brown-edit for mesh tree_stump_c.2 Loading Module Resource  xtree_meshes_c
Loading Module Resource  grass_meshes_b
Loading Module Resource  capasycabeza
Loading Module Resource  capasycabeza2

rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material BL_coat081a for mesh BL_coat013.lod1
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material BL_coat081a for mesh BL_coat013.lod2
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material BL_coat081a for mesh BL_coat013.lod3
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material BL_coat081a for mesh BL_coat013.lod4 Loading Module Resource  armadurasmedias
Loading Module Resource  armadurasmedias2
Loading Module Resource  armaduraspesadas
//Processing Ini File Finished
Loading Textures...
Finished Loading Textures...
L8 Format is  supported

rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for body: bo_aspen_b
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for body: bo_aspen_c
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for body: bo_rock_g
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for body: bo_tree_1_a
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for body: bo_tree_1_b
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for body: bo_tree_7_a
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for body: bo_tree_7_b
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for body: bo_tree_7_c
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for body: bo_tree_1_a
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for body: bo_tree_1_b WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_release_crossbow_medium
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_release_crossbow_far
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_bullet_hit_body
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_player_hit_by_bullet
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_escape
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_missile_launch
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_missile_dives_into_water
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_troop_upgrades_button_clicked
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_character_screen_requested
Loading Module...
Loading item kinds...
Loading dialogs...
Loading mission templates...
Loading party templates...

rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: equip_musket
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: equip_musket
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: crouch_stand_man
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: crouch_stand_man
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: crouch_greatsword_cstance
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: crouch_staff_cstance
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: crouch_fire_pistol
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: crouch_fire_pistol
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: man_reload
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: crouch_staff_cstance_attack
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: crouch_staff_cstance_attack
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: spear_thrust_overhead
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: reload_pistol_new
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: musket_upper_swing
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: musket_thrust_forward
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: musket_thrust_forward_parry
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: musket_thrust_forward_parry
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: equip_pistol
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: equip_pistol loading time:  89142
Finished All...
Saving Game... Creating new savegame file... Saving header... Saving game state... Closing new save game file... Starting checksum control... Performing checksum control... Savegame checksum control succeeded...
Backing up old file name... Removing old backup file. Renaming old savegame to backup file. Renaming new savegame file. Savegame succeded...
SCRIPT WARNING ON OPCODE 1850: Invalid Scene_prop Instance ID: 48; LINE NO: 1:
At script: object_destroy. At script: object_destroy. SCRIPT WARNING ON OPCODE 1860: Invalid Scene_prop Instance ID: 48; LINE NO: 11:
At script: object_destroy. At script: object_destroy. SCRIPT WARNING ON OPCODE 1850: Invalid Scene_prop Instance ID: 48; LINE NO: 1:
At script: object_destroy. At script: object_destroy. SCRIPT WARNING ON OPCODE 1860: Invalid Scene_prop Instance ID: 48; LINE NO: 11:
At script: object_destroy. At script: object_destroy. SCRIPT WARNING ON OPCODE 1850: Invalid Scene_prop Instance ID: 48; LINE NO: 1:
At script: object_destroy. At script: object_destroy.

it repeats those last errors about a million times, i shortened it

and to post images to the forum host them somewhere like imgur and then paste the link into the insert image button of the mona lisa far left of the spoiler button for the tags

Most of those errors are harmless texture issues that someone can track down error.
What is happening is that it is calling the sound to strike a arena dummy for the shooting of bows.
I don't know why.

Is anything else a problem surrounding the horn?

With the horn, have you tried to leave a battle then reenter it and use the all the horn blasts again?
That would be a problem.
I noticed that I couldn't use it my 2nd try for 1 skirmish.

oh.. so that's the sound, an arena dummy haha. if i have the problem, does it mean everyone else does too since we have the same files, or is it possible for one person to have an isolated problem?

you mean you retreated a battle then came back and your horns didn't replenish like arrows do?  yeah that'd be a problem i'll try to use horns and see if i can get them back on 2nd rounds

the arrow problem caused a crash when they started firing when besieging a castle. i'll see if it happens again

i made lothar a lord, he had shield and riding skills so i'm gonna see if he starts with a horse. wonder if a companion doesn't have shield skills if he gets assigned a shield anyway like it was a lvl 0 req shield

I think it would be the consensus opinion to give the companion bonuses of another kind when he/she becomes Lord.

Question: When Onuist came back to you after you made him a Lord, are you sure you were able to level him up? Have you seen it again?
Were you able to save him and look at his gold and or inventory?
There is an in-built trigger to give new Lords X amount of scillings. I could simply increase this and do away with the cheap new kit.
This would be a preferable bonus that I could script somehow.
My first replacement would be

I have solved the sound issue with error messages, but don't know why it works.
To many errors can cause crashes.

I will post a hotfix shorty.

HOTFIX: https://www.dropbox.com/s/336eo05oinre16f/HotfixApril72015HornsBowsquests.rar?dl=0
Item Kinds, Troops and QuickStrings

I think the horns are slightly overpowered even with only 13 healing and 3 blasts.
How would you change them to be appropriate.
They would be fine, but it's too easy to blow 3X, exit, then come back and blow 3x again.
Ideally we would use a script to 3 blasts in 24 hours, but I can't find a script for that.

Poll: Do you like them as they are?

thanks for the hotfix that'll smooth things out so i can concentrate on others

i'll look at onuist again if i can equip him. he's currently a prisoner of gwent and i don't know where they put him. lothar disappeared too once i made him a lord? waiting for him to appear in a castle i have a few of them

you can't blow the horns then come back to battle you lose like 25 morale when you retreat. that would be too much of a morale loss for everyone i think

what good does giving lords money do?  do they use it to upgrade their own equipment?

Lords need to pay wages and upgrade troops using the similar scripts for the player.
They pay much less for them however.
I would like to know what happens to the gear if I disable the equip script at the bottom of that list.
Morale?
If you hit escape, leave, then attack again to lead in to battle, do you really lose 25 morale?
I didn't see that. Please confirm.

When new Lords disappear, there seems to be a script for them to run back to a certain city and recruit troops. Looks in the character notes for Lords Lothar and it should tell you approximate destination of his party.

ok found lothar and i talked to him -- no option to change his equipment, only can add to his stats if he gained levels since letting him go.  i can increase his stats already because he had some leftover before i made him a lord. shouldn't lords acquire their own money as independent vassals? that's why i'm giving them their own castles so i don't have to pay for them anymore

my game is going haywire after last hotfix.  i dunno what happened but i'm getting random messages from throughout the game at random places.  like i right clicked on caer baddan to view notes for who owns it and this is what happened

ccc1b0.png

this is the other gibberish i've found

ea616a.png
9cea0f.png
ef5083.png
a55f60.png
0962fd.png
4e703d.png
1f0edf.png
9ebfb8.png

is the apocalypse happening or what. i'm gonna delete my whole brytenwalda folder and install again. will do the two links in your first post 

Latest version (Beta7) added to top on 4-5-2015, download here: http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5994/?
April 7 hot fix: https://www.dropbox.com/s/336eo05oinre16f/HotfixApril72015HornsBowsquests.rar?dl=0

these two files include all the hotfixes and stuff so it's compressed into just these right this is all i need in addition to 1.41?

You probably have them: i post them in the thread and at the top of the thread.
I should clarify this somehow.

Again, When I post a download or hotfix, it goes at the bottom of this thread to create a new alert and at the top for new players.
If I just modified the top of the thread, people who visit the forum but not read would not realize I have a new fileset posted.

after reinstalling the gibberish still replaces text.  it's even on inventory items or ones you can buy
b21079.png
7b9f61.png

nice job fixing the bow problem, they sound normal again and don't glitch when fired

lol @ this one. doesn't make me hopeful about the game i'm about to enter..
59531d.png

so i did test the horn where i retreated and came back, and it's numbers were replenished back to 4 (tested with the 4/4 horn i had in my savegame from the patch when you still had the max at 4.  i couldn't find any 3 blow horns in any shops so i used those, hope it didn't affect the test. and also when i retreated i did lose morale)
b2fee8.png

that's quite a bit of morale.. it's usually around 30 or less if you don't defeat many enemies before you retreat

The quickstrings file is sloppily done.
If I go back and use the quickstrings from Repolished, you'll get an error every time you blow the horn.
If you see alot of those quickstring issues, please let me know and we'll revert back to the Repolished one.
I am sure Kalarhan knows how to merge the two files, but they are too busy modding other things.

Check the tavern at Caer Ligaulid.
I have added the quest for the Bible Vulgata back, but I can't get the character named Ulcaganas to appear in my games.
I am texting the creator Idibil but he takes days to reply.

gdwitt said:
I am sure Kalarhan knows

I know nothing  :mrgreen:

It is all about the indexes. Got respect them dude hehe or work only with modules source files (then its all automagic).

Variables and quick_strings are kept between versions/patchs/new compilation if you remember to copy them to the source folder. Otherwise the game just creates a new one and it will have a very different order inside  :razz:

Cheers

I do not see any new character in the mead hall of Caer Ligaulid

how can we still be checking for normal problems, none of the text works! this seems to be a major problem what are we going to do?! [jumps ship swims toward life preserver]

Do you still have the quickstrings file from the Sunday posting? Use that instead, but you might get the error message with the horn.
I will release a hotfix tomorrow. Any special requests?

It's odd. I compile and play without any errors.
When I put the files in the folder with Repolished things go haywire.

I haven't seen Ulcaganas anywhere.
I've put him in several locations, but something blocks him.
There's alot of code in the source files actually that don't work in-game.
After 3 months, this game is still a confusing web of mysteries.

HOTFIX v40815:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g88y4oj102ithxn/Hotfix40815.rar?dl=0

The problem was that I added the "bandit merchant" in the middle of scripts.
This caused all the strings of text to be off by one.
I have created a version that should be compatible with savegames and Repolished105.
Notify me if this is not the case.
The triggers file here includes the bandit merchant and has 47.
If you get an trigger error for a savegame, use the triggers.txt without the bandits =46 from the Sunday download or ask me for it.
I just delete line 10 (code :cool:.

that totally makes sense that all text was shifted by one.. every text said something different and usually about that bandit quest.  YUS.  NICE JOB FINDING IT

The triggers file here includes the bandit merchant and has 47

what's a triggers file (makes something new happen depending on game circumstances?) and what does 47 mean

The 3 files most important for savegame compatibility are triggers.txt, troops.txt and item_kinds.txt.
If I increased the total count of any of those, the game won't let you load a savegame.

Over the past month, I have included a 47 trigger triggers.txt and an alternate 46 trigger version.
USe the default one unless your game doesn't load due to a "wrong trigger count" message.

These are all in your Brytenwalda mod folder that you are using for this new submod.

Back
Top Bottom