Information about developments at snowballing problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Day 779... couple towns i recruited the lord to my kingdom..the empire did alot of the work..all i did was figthing the khuzaits in small groups before to weak them out..

These tests are looking pretty nice, thanks for sharing. On the other hand, do you think that bandits bug could have something to do with these great results?

These tests are looking pretty nice, thanks for sharing. On the other hand, do you think that bandits bug could have something to do with these great results?
Snowballing fix is not caused by bandits bug. After fix you will see snowballing scores we are calculating at snowballing thread will not effected much.
Boss man doesn’t think so, I don’t either. I think it’s the combination of fixes mex mentioned earlier
I think improvements at short term AI calculations (which helps smaller parties catching bigger army when they are overpowered instead of making back and forths) and financial developments at mercenary hirinig issues and improved war - peace calculations and improvements at long term target selection AI (further targets now selected less) and reducing passive xp gain of AI lords a bit helped making map balanced.

Last edited:
KingdomYear 10 settlementsYear 10 clansYear 19 settlementsYear 19 clans
Vlandia23111611
Sturgia209229
Khuzait299289
Battania188288
Aserai389319
Western Empire219199
Northern Empire159139
Southern Empire99169
Snowball Scores:2116

9u2B5EJ.jpg
RDlN1OF.jpg

So I have to disagree to some extent and say that the bandit bug is having some effect on the data. I would periodically watch the news feed and noticed from year 10+ (especially year 15+) that lords from vlandia (and whole armies of them at that) and a small extent of battania were getting captured by sea raiders. When I stopped the game in the 19th year (it was getting really bogged down, the first 10 years took maybe 3 hours, then the next 9 years took almost 8 hours) I decided to investigate and found that the bandits were effectively spawn camping the Vlandian lords in the north.
xA67gGu.jpg

And thats a mild picture, moving further north is a massive blob of them. This kind of showed me that Vlandia was bound to lose the territory they had to battania because they couldn't muster their forces. Vlandia before this was in a solid or better place. Not dominate, but easily could have broken out. So though I do feel the steps taken to address the snowballing are effective (much of the map seemed to play out well) the data is too tainted by the bandit bug to give a conclusive 'yes snowballing is fixed or stabilized'.

So I have to disagree to some extent and say that the bandit bug is having some effect on the data. I would periodically watch the news feed and noticed from year 10+ (especially year 15+) that lords from vlandia (and whole armies of them at that) and a small extent of battania were getting captured by sea raiders. When I stopped the game in the 19th year (it was getting really bogged down, the first 10 years took maybe 3 hours, then the next 9 years took almost 8 hours) I decided to investigate and found that the bandits were effectively spawn camping the Vlandian lords in the north.
xA67gGu.jpg

And thats a mild picture, moving further north is a massive blob of them. This kind of showed me that Vlandia was bound to lose the territory they had to battania because they couldn't muster their forces. Vlandia before this was in a solid or better place. Not dominate, but easily could have broken out. So though I do feel the steps taken to address the snowballing are effective (much of the map seemed to play out well) the data is too tainted by the bandit bug to give a conclusive 'yes snowballing is fixed or stabilized'.
Interesting, after teleporting around the map to check my tests I found no sign of the bandit bug. Even in my 5th test, which was the most volatile, there's nothing. I'm still curious what triggers that bug as I haven't experienced it yet.

Yeah I'm not sure what is triggering the bug and in some cases I'm sure it just creates more of a nuisance than anything. The issue with that test of mine was that they camped in a perfect choke-point so any lords that spawn by those 2 cities would eventually get jumped if they tried to move about. I didn't notice any other large instances of bandits harassing other kingdoms so I don't think it affects every bandit camp. Unless all bandits in world are basically spawning in the same place, which makes sense as when I rode toward that area I didn't notice any bandits until I got there.

Did you see any bandits at all when teleporting about the maps? They may have gathered/spawned in more remote parts of the map. In those cases I'd consider the data valid/clean.

Did you see any bandits at all when teleporting about the maps? They may have gathered/spawned in more remote parts of the map. In those cases I'd consider the data valid/clean.
Yep checked everywhere, double checked the spots people have posted. I do not have the mass bandit bug, but I did notice the no hideouts or special type of bandits bug (only looters).

Yep checked everywhere, double checked the spots people have posted. I do not have the mass bandit bug, but I did notice the no hideouts or special type of bandits bug (only looters).
Do you feel you have extra looters? I can't find bandits in the game I started, but I have tunz of looters. I think it can be possible that the bugged hideout is making looters instead of bandits and that they roam forever instead of patrol. I feel like my game had a unlikely occurrence of batania taking several towns from vlandia in by 150 days. I don't know if it's looter related though.

Do you feel you have extra looters? I can't find bandits in the game I started, but I have tunz of looters. I think it can be possible that the bugged hideout is making looters instead of bandits and that they roam forever instead of patrol. I feel like my game had a unlikely occurrence of batania taking several towns from vlandia in by 150 days. I don't know if it's looter related though.
There honestly didnt seem to be very many parties, they were typically around 20-50 looters in a party tho. At most there would be 3 looters near each other. Seemed to be less than typical but I was just teleporting around my 20 year tests so it isn't representative of early game.

Sixth test (first on the hotfix) is running and after the first 10 years its looking really good. Well 20 years turned out very well.

Test 6 1.5.8.hotTest 6 10 yrsTest 6 20 yrs20 yr StrengthOriginal ClansRecruited ClansRebel ClansMercenariesTotal Noble ClansTotal Clans w/ MERCs
Aserai
27​
23​
5562​
9​
0​
0​
0​
9​
9​
Battania
16​
18​
4795​
8​
0​
0​
1​
8​
9​
Khuzait
24​
30​
5184​
9​
0​
0​
0​
9​
9​
Northern
14​
14​
4763​
9​
0​
0​
2​
9​
11​
Southern
20​
22​
4206​
9​
0​
0​
2​
9​
11​
Western
27​
29​
4881​
9​
0​
0​
0​
9​
9​
Sturgia
24​
14​
5310​
9​
0​
0​
1​
9​
10​
Vlandia
21​
23​
4568​
11​
0​
0​
1​
11​
12​
Snowball score
10​
14​

L4ytp.jpg
4B0-E.jpg

So something I noticed was the lack of rebels, only 2 happened at Myzea. Not sure if something is now up with rebellions, I'll keep looking at this as I run more tests. Also there are 0 successful rebel clans.
SvCcy.jpg

Last edited:
So something I noticed was the lack of rebels, only 2 happened at Myzea. Not sure if something is now up with rebellions, I'll keep looking at this as I run more tests. Also there are 0 successful rebel clans.
SvCcy.jpg
Yeah I've only rarely seen successful rebels and it was usually in a far off town while the kingdom was busy with numerous wars pre-1.58. I'd imagine the decrease in concurrent wars a kingdom faces now allows kingdoms to easily deal with rebellions.

Sixth test (first on the hotfix) is running and after the first 10 years its looking really good. Well 20 years turned out very well.

Test 6 1.5.8.hotTest 6 10 yrsTest 6 20 yrs20 yr StrengthOriginal ClansRecruited ClansRebel ClansMercenariesTotal Noble ClansTotal Clans w/ MERCs
Aserai
27​
23​
5562​
9​
0​
0​
0​
9​
9​
Battania
16​
18​
4795​
8​
0​
0​
1​
8​
9​
Khuzait
24​
30​
5184​
9​
0​
0​
0​
9​
9​
Northern
14​
14​
4763​
9​
0​
0​
2​
9​
11​
Southern
20​
22​
4206​
9​
0​
0​
2​
9​
11​
Western
27​
29​
4881​
9​
0​
0​
0​
9​
9​
Sturgia
24​
14​
5310​
9​
0​
0​
1​
9​
10​
Vlandia
21​
23​
4568​
11​
0​
0​
1​
11​
12​
Snowball score
10​
14​

L4ytp.jpg
4B0-E.jpg

SvCcy.jpg

Great news, thanks for testing this so fast :smile:

By the way because we solved snowballing problem we can now make imprisonment times longer. With 1.5.9 imprisonment times will be about 1.5-2x. Daily running away chances of hero prisoners will reduce to 5% from 7.5%. This will make gameplay better even its just 2 number change.

IT7oF.png

Also currently kingdom economies are good compared to previous versions so kingdoms usually do not go bankrupt (not because of any new cheat just they are managing economy better). In future we can easily remove AI cheat of not needing horses to upgrade cavalry troops to make things harder for kingdoms. Recent tests shows 1.5.8 snowballing score average is about 20-30. We can remove some AI cheats so snowballing score can rise to 30-45 in future versions. All snowballing scores < 45 is good. No need to make perfectly balanced.

Last edited:
Yeah I've only rarely seen successful rebels and it was usually in a far off town while the kingdom was busy with numerous wars pre-1.58. I'd imagine the decrease in concurrent wars a kingdom faces now allows kingdoms to easily deal with rebellions.
Actually in my first 1.5.8 test there were 3 successful clans (2 of which were recruited, while the 3rd was at war with everyone) and that page looked like this
E9k7w.jpg
fjOE7.jpg
U3u2I.jpg
5ryi9.jpg
8eSaW.jpg

So after looking at my 5 prehotfix tests, it does seem like either there are very few rebellions (Test 3 & 5, had the worst snowball scores) or a bunch (Test 1, 2, 4, had very good snowball scores). So it seems when snowballing is bad (relative to 1.5.8 snowball scores, not actually bad) there are few rebellions and when snowballing is good there are a bunch of rebellions, very interesting. Although my Test 6 contradicts this (snowballing is good and few rebellions). Likely not an issue due to the hotfix.

Last edited:
Test #2
KingdomsSettlements 10 yearsSettlements 20 years
Aserai2932
Battania13
21​
Khuzait2223
Northern Empire1720
Southern Empire159
Sturgia2528
Vlandia3024
Western Empire2216
Snowball Score1515
Rebel Clans07(1 active, 6 eliminated)*

*Rhotae had rebels on 4 different occasions between years 10-20 all eliminated.

Last edited:
By the way because we solved snowballing problem we can now make imprisonment times longer. With 1.5.9 imprisonment times will be about 1.5-2x. Daily running away chances of hero prisoners will reduce to 5% from 7.5%. This will make gameplay better even its just 2 number change.

IT7oF.png

Also currently kingdom economies are good compared to previous versions so kingdoms usually do not go bankrupt (not because of any new cheat just they are managing economy better). In future we can easily remove AI cheat of not needing horses to upgrade cavalry troops to make things harder for kingdoms. Recent tests shows 1.5.8 snowballing score average is about 20-30. We can remove some AI cheats so snowballing score can rise to 30-45 in future versions. All snowballing scores < 45 is good. No need to make perfectly balanced.
Will the goal for prisoner escape eventually be a lot lower? (example: 1-2%)

please also set them 4x rest time after escape. You know, to get some relax, gather new band...

Back
Top Bottom