Information about developments at snowballing problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Just doesn't make sense to me that a party of 5 guys could have 100 horses and 5000 items without any real downside
Don't you get a "herd" speed penalty if you have too many horses and not enough men?

Besides, wouldn't make much sense if I can load 1000 more grain to my inventory, but not an extra sword because I'm out of inventory slots.

Don't you get a "herd" speed penalty if you have too many horses and not enough men?

Besides, wouldn't make much sense if I can load 1000 more grain to my inventory, but not an extra sword because I'm out of inventory slots.
yes. herd penalty is pretty hard too. he's talking about it before the change. it was not even close to current herd penalty.

Yes. For all items it is fixed.

Here is also snowball score table for 1.5.4, 1.5.5, 1.5.6 including all latest added tests and correction from @sniparsexe. We have nearly 20 tests for 1.5.6 and enough. Thanks all. Latest snowball score for 1.5.6 is 60.4

Ql_Sl.png

Took a 6 month break from this game & recently came back 2 wks ago. Its really great to see you're putting in all this work to fix snowballing @mexxico
But on that same token, I hope these fixes don't make conquering the map a 'total impossibility'. It just needs to be really REALLY challenging to the point where the bigger your kingdom/empire gets the more micro managing it takes & I don't care if it takes multiple generations in game to do it (children, grand-children, great grand-children etc etc.). I know this is still a work in progress but happy to see the progress!

Maybe a return of limited inventory space like Warband?
HELL NO
Took a 6 month break from this game & recently came back 2 wks ago. Its really great to see you're putting in all this work to fix snowballing @mexxico
But on that same token, I hope these fixes don't make conquering the map a 'total impossibility'. It just needs to be really REALLY challenging to the point where the bigger your kingdom/empire gets the more micro managing it takes & I don't care if it takes multiple generations in game to do it (children, grand-children, great grand-children etc etc.). I know this is still a work in progress but happy to see the progress!
it doesn't make it impossible, and no one wants a fully balanced game so if you know this snowballing score thing in the next patch mexxico expects it to drop to 45 (average) and he will stop working on this

please keep in mind that loot is the only real source of income currently. other sources give peanuts.

if you want to nerf it, you need to buff some other income source. imo, taxes should be buffed significantly. in warband, one town was enough to cover a late game party wages.
if you have built enterprises all over calradia (as you should), you would've been set for the entire game.
currently, not only there is a limit to workshops, but their ownership is taken from us when the faction that has our shop goes to war with us.
so in bannerlord:
- much less income than warband (barely supports your party unless you own a super high prosperity town)
- not constant/safe income

edit:
if you lower item prices significantly, loot will give peanuts too.
As far as I programed it, not really. I write from my mobile phone atm. But there is a thread of myself that handles especially tier 6 armors and some weapons, others will not be affected. Since the method works with 1 variable itemTierf and a fixed one 7.5f. If you reduce the 7.5 to 5.4 for example the 500k armor costs only 53k but a tier 5 armor still 30-40k

Actually I also reduced loot income & mercenary contract income 15% at 1.5.7 did not mentioned it in previous post. Its a minor reduce but will make things a bit better. Also as you said loot income was huge compared other income resources (fief taxes - caravan income - workshop income)

However players can complain about it because we are nerfing things which players already get used to but this was obvious they were OP. Still crafting exploit is not fixed unfortunately. I have no control over these parts so cannot fix.

Still of course winner side take good amount of loot and plunder money (10% of money of lost leaders). Nothing to do at this point this is the basic of game.

Also imo high tier item prices should be lowered. There are items for 100-200-300K. This was normal when game was not balanced but currently making 100Ks is not easy as old days if you do not make crafting exploit.

Here is 1.5.7 expected value of loot per killed troop formula, items drop according to that expected formula, still 10000 value item can drop of course but expected total value of dropped items are determined by this formula. I lowered 0.5 x from 0.6 x here.
(you should divide formula value to 4 because of high trade penalty at equipments,
so if you kill 10 looter (level-6) expected loot value you will get is (10 x (0.5 x (50 x 6 x 6))) / 4 = 107, according to old formula it was 10 x (0.6 x (50 x 6 x 6)) / 4 = 129)
W8tp-.png
reducing loot income isn't bad if they every fix roguery to make the skill more valuable, but hopefully thisd time they it is fixed, it is really fixed

@mexxico reducing income from loot is a good thing as long as You make other income sources worth it. The whole system should be like: workshops (steady but low) < loot (higher but not steady) < caravan/trade (really high but most unsteady and based on Your or caravan leader skills) < fiefs (high and steady as long as You take care of them and protect them)

@mexxico reducing income from loot is a good thing as long as You make other income sources worth it. The whole system should be like: workshops (steady but low) < loot (higher but not steady) < caravan/trade (really high but most unsteady and based on Your or caravan leader skills) < fiefs (high and steady as long as You take care of them and protect them)
fully agreed, caravan & workshop incomes are just a bad joke

I think you are mistaken that if worth of single piece of equipment will be lowered then loot worth will be lower as well.
Currently(as i am aware - I may be wrong) player get some $$$ worth of loot from battles based on enemy number and tiers. that is why player get plenty of trash broken items that are only good for selling.
In case of lower price for items this will not change - the thing that change is that player can get actual useful loot from enemy like some useful armor or weapons.
So more sensible item prices will not change the worth of the loot but quality of looted items.

That putting aside the economical fact is that war is to profitable and current war economy is no good.
Especially castles are money drain and even town, villages or workshops/caravans don't pay enough compared to mighty fat war loot and they need to be buffed.
Increasing wages of soldiers in enemy territory , decreasing wages troops in garrisons(by huge amount), maybe changing the tree troops to have asymmetrical branches(some only Lv up to tier 4 for example that would make cheaper more affordable troops for both AI and player) like in old warband.

By the way
I am looking for a mod that would help me lower the prices of all items by huge amount to test how it would affect both player and AI.
I found some but they usually help with lowering prices of high tier items or only some categories but not all.
Please help if you can.

I think you are mistaken that if worth of single piece of equipment will be lowered then loot worth will be lower as well.
Currently(as i am aware - I may be wrong) player get some $$$ worth of loot from battles based on enemy number and tiers. that is why player get plenty of trash broken items that are only good for selling.
In case of lower price for items this will not change - the thing that change is that player can get actual useful loot from enemy like some useful armor or weapons.
So more sensible item prices will not change the worth of the loot but quality of looted items.

That putting aside the economical fact is that war is to profitable and current war economy is no good.
Especially castles are money drain and even town, villages or workshops/caravans don't pay enough compared to mighty fat war loot and they need to be buffed.
Increasing wages of soldiers in enemy territory , decreasing wages troops in garrisons(by huge amount), maybe changing the tree troops to have asymmetrical branches(some only Lv up to tier 4 for example that would make cheaper more affordable troops for both AI and player) like in old warband.

By the way
I am looking for a mod that would help me lower the prices of all items by huge amount to test how it would affect both player and AI.
I found some but they usually help with lowering prices of high tier items or only some categories but not all.
Please help if you can.

Try this one (the plus version modify equipment cost):

Thanks but I am more interested in something that lower all prices of equipment by like factor of 100. I found some mod that help me to modify them to sensible amount but only for armors(shields/ranged/weapons still cost a kingdom income)

2VnFjcR.png
Some loot from small group of forest bandits(or it was small hideout) soon after altering armor prices.
So lowered item prices would probably looting more similar to warband than in current state of bannerlord getting hundreds of dirty socks and ragged pants.

2VnFjcR.png
Some loot from small group of forest bandits(or it was small hideout) soon after altering armor prices.
So lowered item prices would probably looting more similar to warband than in current state of bannerlord getting hundreds of dirty socks and ragged pants.

Yes. This problem effects game badly. I reported it yesterday that we need to go over item prices (lower them especially high tier ones) and they said design team is working on it.

Yes. This problem effects game badly. I reported it yesterday that we need to go over item prices (lower them especially high tier ones) and they said design team is working on it.

Great news, thanks. By the way some few extra ideas to improve snowballing and nerf Khuzaits a bit:

- Check Khuzaits template for lords spawning after being defeated, and give Khuzaits weaker units and not much cavalry units for free.
- Check Empire template for lords spawning after being defeated, and give Empire lords mostly free melee cavalry units (Equites, Heavy Horsemen, Cataphracts).
- Why Khuzaits always start the campaign being stronger than NE and SE? They could start being a bit weaker, it won't change much but they will start lossing the war against NE and it could make snowballing slower. Decreasing some Khuzatis clans tier could be an easy way to achive this.

These are not great ideas but could help a bit. It is actually pretty hard to find something easy to change which could make Khuzaits not OP :-s .

Back
Top Bottom