In-Mod Movies (is that possible?) aka: Cutscenes

Users who are viewing this thread

lardayn

Recruit
Is it possible to make "in game movies" with using the game battle mods? I mean, just like what they do in Kohan II and C&C Generals. Hmm, how can i tell... Maybe an example should work:

Before a siege (maybe that famous attack of Dark Knights to Zendar) a movie comes, 3 knight rides slowly, and stops on top of a hill (camera shows the horses' heads etc) and than they speak eachother (ofcourse with subtitles, no sound) etc etc

Or maybe a "Borcha dies" movie after a battle :razz: I think you get the point, i hope :???:

Great idea to work on but i don't know if that's possible, don't think so. But it would be awsome!

yes, i once had an idea remotley similar to this. just have an optional battle replay at the end of each battle, but from a birds-eye veiw, so u could look around, and watch the battle from any perspective. and then u could take movies on that. that would be SWEET. :cool:

Solja Sheep said:
yes, i once had an idea remotley similar to this. just have an optional battle replay at the end of each battle, but from a birds-eye veiw, so u could look around, and watch the battle from any perspective. and then u could take movies on that. that would be SWEET. :cool:

:shock:

That's so true. I've bumped into third party programs that do that, for other games though. It was thoroughly 3rd pty (ie. team speak), so it might work. I hope so anyways. I'll dig into that, and see if I can find it.

I doubt it's possible in a mod, but it might not be too much trouble for armagan. For cutscenes, include them as a new menu option with a consequence that says you go to the actual battle. For replays, just "film" the battle from a vantage point using essentially the ingame editor.

Or maybe a "Borcha dies" movie after a battle I think you get the point, i hope

Don't you mean a "Borcha shooting you in the back of the head with an arrow, killing you" movie?

Damien said:
Or maybe a "Borcha dies" movie after a battle I think you get the point, i hope

Don't you mean a "Borcha shooting you in the back of the head with an arrow, killing you" movie?

i think we can agree that he would die almost immediately after that :wink:

it would be cool to have cutscenes, even if it's just your character walking through a doorway into a tavern, or the local merchant?

Or maybe, you know how if you get attacked and it says your retreat line has been cut off by the enemy..? Every time it does that... it shows a small party of like.. 5 or 6 horsemen riding through a forest, and suddenly a bunch of arrows start whizzing through the air near them, and then the cut scene stops, and you begin the battle.

The cut scene would play right before the battle loads, after you click the Lead your Soldiers into Battle or Order your soldiers to attack while you stay back buttons.

I've said before, I'd love to have cutscene support for Storymod, though I have no idea who would make them. :razz:

Some kind of in-game animation studio would be great, but again I have no idea who would make it. Probably not Armagan. It sounds like an awful lot of work to make it easy to use, and if it's not easy to use, very few people will use it.

Peculiarly,
Winter

They have a simple editor in Kohan II. Its like "that unit moves there, that one moves there, that one shots here...." and then you make the waypoints of the camera and you have a cutscene :smile:

After an editor like that, it would be easy but erm... who would code an editor like that :S You can easily kill the soldiers after one shot by setting their healths to 1, so after a shot, they'ld be killed. For example a siege cutscene, Bocha (:razz:) stands in front of the army, then the soldiers start to run to the castle, and ofcourse when they enter the fire range, archers will shot them, 1 healthed ones would be down, other wouldn't.... and you record that event.

Also you may use several troops in cutscenes. Tens of soliders at same time...

Ah also, in a mod, maybe you can move the king, for example king leaves the capital (i wonder why they always wait in there) and goes to another city in the border (warline i mean) So you may have a cutscene which shows the King enters the city castle while people watching him and soldiers behind etc etc

Unfortunately I am not a coder :sad: I dont know anything about that and i dont know how hard it is :roll: But sounds good i think :smile:

Yep, hopeless at the moment. I'm betting Armagan plans to add some sort of cutscene functionality eventually, but so far it's not even possible to kludge much of anything together. You could probably set up a battle scene with a lot of the AI movement scripted and play sounds/voices at appropriate times, but that would take a lot of work, would have a lot of possibility for being randomly messed up, and would leave the player able to move around.

Better just to wait for support from Armagan to do cutscenes.

In storymod...with the strange bandits...remember when borcha tells you something isnt right? THAT would be a good cutscene...you finish killing someone (i.e. with a sword, and you are pulling it out of a dead body), and Borcha approaches you and says" Hey boss, something doesnt feel right, but i guess for that you'd have to have voices for everybody, or have the text going without you having to click or something like that.

Aryndil said:
Cutscenes would be great. For example, in Last Days, when you enter the Hornburg, you could see all your knights and footmen in organized march up the causeway. It would be really awesome.
Or when you enter Minas Tirith, it shows your men entering the city, then swing into a view of the white tree. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom