IMPORTANT SECURITY ANNOUNCEMENT: Password Theft Attempts

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Janus said:
McBeverage said:
:lol:
Anyways, after a wee bit of digging, it appears that the domain is registered to one Cody Ward living at 151 Queen Mary Street in New South Wales.

Although this could be a cover identity.

Checking into it yourself, eh?  :smile:
Aye.

Janus said:
I bet it is actually him, since his first several posts to the forum here were from a real Australian ISP. His later posts were through an anonymizing proxy; oops, too late. I've contacted the abuse department of that ISP with the relevant details. I also contacted the host of the password harvesting script and they've already taken it down pending investigation a few minutes after receiving my e-mail. I'm about to contact the host of the risker.in domain as well.
Excellent news.  :smile:

EDIT - Queen Mary Street?  What the hell is this?  Bet the guy's a virgin, as well. 

Has anyone seen "Risker's dox?"

http://risker.in/dox/r/Risker.php

:lol:

EDIT:  And I also find the "family" category very disturbing. 

What have we learnt here? Never get on the bad site of McBeverage. He WILL find you.

Thanks for the announcement. I'll be cautious.

Thank Rick Sanchez I was lucky enough (get it, cuz my name is LuckyDuckly) absent when this travesty transpired. Being the naive idiot that I am when it comes to the internets, I would have likely handed over my information like a 75-year old ex-Amish (finish the rest of the joke please, I am too tired and I have been gone too long to care).

Yes, i have been getting this popup numerous times, !SPAM MUCH! yes, very annoying, hmmm, should we give it a fake account to pisss em off? lol

ill type in Bob123 and bloobli blah for the password lolz

Haha, holy ****, that Risker site is insane. It says they have a 117 dox and all those dox are pretty much all personal information about internet folk. So, I clicked the Risker one, and it loaded a Rickroll.swf. :lol: (Not even the browser hijacking one.)

Renneko said:
I don't understand those people, why do want to know somebody pass, :neutral:

Because some people just have a death wish and feel the need to be as bastardly as possible before being justly (and messily) murdered.

In all seriousness, it can come down to something as irritating as e-mail account hijacking (to send out spam to the victim's contacts) to something as awful as identity theft. You know, signing them up for credit cards and putting them into thousands upon thousands of dollars into debt, permanently ruining their credit score, all that wonderful stuff.

If what was uncovered truly is his real identity, any chance that what he's done could put him in Australian jail? Or... at least a lifetime legal ban on computer usage?

FrisianDude said:
Haha, holy ****, that Risker site is insane. It says they have a 117 dox and all those dox are pretty much all personal information about internet folk. So, I clicked the Risker one, and it loaded a Rickroll.swf. :lol: (Not even the browser hijacking one.)

Pretty much.

Because some people just have a death wish and feel the need to be as bastardly as possible before being justly (and messily) murdered.

In all seriousness, it can come down to something as irritating as e-mail account hijacking (to send out spam to the victim's contacts) to something as awful as identity theft. You know, signing them up for credit cards and putting them into thousands upon thousands of dollars into debt, permanently ruining their credit score, all that wonderful stuff.

If what was uncovered truly is his real identity, any chance that what he's done could put him in Australian jail? Or... at least a lifetime legal ban on computer usage?

That would be nice.

And thank you, Janus. Much appreciated warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom