**Important Notice** Updated 12/8/2011

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A RL situation has popped up so I won't be able to work on the mod for a while. I will have to delay the release until further notice. Don't panic though, I still have the mod and will continue work on it as soon as the situation has settled. It should only take a few weeks but I'm not sure when I will get back. So please be patient with me.

Update:
I'm once again able to mod again. My RL situation is better but not totally through, but I will be doing my best to make a major release before the ModDB MOTY Awards end. Wish me luck.  :wink:

Update 2:
If I can get the new managment options in-game I will make an official release on 12/08/2011 or 12/09/2011. I'm confident by that time I can get the mod ready for release.

I don't know how to report but I gave him a fresh tongue lashing on Moddb.

My advice would be don't worry about it, you have a 9.6 rating and the mod is only getting better. Let trolls be trolls and just walk over the bridge :grin:

LibSpit said:
I don't know how to report but I gave him a fresh tongue lashing on Moddb.
The problem with wrestling with pigs is that you get filthy and the pig likes it. Having said that, on at least one occasion I played the pig and let somebody attacking something unjustly online wrestle themselves into submission, but that only worked because the person being obnoxious was genuinely creative who had a momentary lapse of reason.  Users who don't create feed on denouncing posts as recognition they can't get from their own achievements.

Generally, the best thing is to find out all you can about the attacker, and if they have no standing get them booted from the forum quickly.  When people with standing start getting shirty, take very close note of the logic of their accusations and derail them with the flaws in their presentation. In the case where I was a defense pig, the accusation was ringing but lacking in evidence of wrongdoing.  In that case, a screenshot would have saved a thousand angry posts.

In this case, Computica's tone indicates he's got a twerp infestation.

hehe,

I merely pointed out all the the good things about computica and the mod asking the question what exactly is the fail?

the guys original post was something like.

'this is a bit of a fail'

LibSpit said:
hehe,I merely pointed out all the the good things about computica and the mod asking the question what exactly is the fail?
the guys original post was something like.
'this is a bit of a fail'
Yes, that kind of incisive, accurate, to the point, and specific criticism is so very helpful.  Perhaps he was talking about himself and projecting it onto the mod.  I'm sure the vagueness of his criticism reflects the vagueness of his own miserable existence.

Thanks for confirming that this is a twit-swatting.

Goldbrandz said:
Hope your RL situation works out well so you can get back faster :grin: also I showed my disapproval of trolls on moddb :evil:
Aye, I'm in the green to mod again. I'm going to make a release before the ModDB MOTY awards are over. I'm on a serious time crunch so I may not be able to make it in time. I have to do a lot of full-time testing and much playing to do in the coming days.

oh I best get my skates on and finish all those recordings for you :smile:

I have been a bit ill so not much done but I shall get my skates on for the next few days.

LibSpit said:
oh I best get my skates on and finish all those recordings for you :smile:

I have been a bit ill so not much done but I shall get my skates on for the next few days.
No Problem, take your time. Voices won't been in the next release. It'll be done after formations are in-game.

Seriously can't wait for this one. My wife may be willing to do female voices if they're still needed in the future. Shes a stage actress and yes, quite hammy  :lol:

Since the new management system won't be done and still needs to be greatly tested (It's experimental) I'm going to make this the last release where you control the game like it was in the last patch. Right now there would be too many features to add before the 10th so I'll be making the smart choice and sticking to the old management system. Check the beta feature list to see what I am talking about.

Right now I'm making and installer and looking for any bugs. Uploading *should* be done in the next 3 hours.  :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom