Implementing Floris things in my own mod

Users who are viewing this thread

mercury19

Sergeant at Arms
The Original Post:
First I would like to say that Floris is the best mod in existence, and is the reason why I've logged over 4x as many hours in Warband as in any other game I own. thanks for the awesome work.

That said, I am always looking for new things to do and little tweaks to make the game exactly as I want it. Assuming little means, in this case, I'm creating an entire mod for my personal use. I'd say it's for the general public, but I'm taking items from a variety of mods which are not OSP, and do not wish to step on any toes. I may attempt to gain permissions in the future, but for now I actually need to create the mod.

So with that come the questions. Being that Floris is my favorite mod, for all intents and purposes my vanilla, I wanted to work with it as the basis. But I only want to use the mechanics and such. I don't intend to use most of the items, and I will be changing and adding factions so the troop trees will change greatly, and I decided starting with Native and working up would be just a bit easier. I downloaded the Floris 2.55 source, grabbed the module_system from here, and started organizing my materials.

I decided I would start with mod merger, because that required no actual editing of code and there were already pre-made kits for it, some even included in Floris. I have since installed mod merger in the modsys directory, and attempted to add some kits. Unfortunately, it seems that I have failed.

The kits I've tried to add were xgm_mod_options, dynamic arrays, and the character creation page. Unfortunately, none of them work.

It's not like I've received error messages that I can trace back to find in the code. They just don't work. The source compiles fine, no errors, the game starts up, and I can get into a game just fine. But nothing has changed. The character creation is still the same sequence of pages, and there's no mod options button in the camp menu.

I've checked to make sure that the code is compiling correctly by making item changes and such, and the code is working and going to the right place. I've placed the mod_id's in the mod merger options, exactly as instructed.

I'm going to just ask about the character creation page here, because xgm is an OSP that I can get external info for, and I'm not entirely sure what dynamic arrays does.

I realized that the character creation page was dependent on some other things, like meshes, that I hadn't added, but I think that should give me an error message at some point so I'm not entirely sure. Just how much of the rest of Floris is the page reliant on? Is it possible to implement by itself? Is there another OSP out there that accomplishes a similar purpose?

I'm using Modmerger 0.2.5, Floris 2.55, Lav's tweaked mod_sys for 1.166, and Warband 1.168. I suspect there might be a version conflict somewhere, but I'm not sure how much the .002 in the version number matters, or how to backtrack for that matter.

If I would be better served posting this in another forum, let me know and I'll go over there. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, m19

MAJOR EDIT: Apparently I hadn't actually installed Modmerger, due to my mistake of making Notepad++ the default program for python files. I have now officially installed it, and gotten six million errors. I'll check back after I sort through those.

I have spoilered my original post because the problem has changed slightly. As in I got modmerger to work.

So now the question is can I use the character creation page as a stand alone modmerger kit? Or will it only work with the rest of Floris?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks, m19

Back
Top Bottom