i5 4670K vs i7 4770K

Users who are viewing this thread

Which one of these CPU's would be better for Mount and Blade Warband and the upcoming Bannerlord?

I'm currently building a new PC, I'll probably be getting the 4670K but I know of some people who seem to want get the 4770K. I don't know a whole lot about computer hardware, some people have said that M&B is more CPU dependent that most, is this the case? And more importantly, would the hyper-threading of the i7 actually be taken advantage of in Warband or Bannerlord?

Sorry if this thread is of topic, I couldn't see a more appropriate board to post it in though.

Yes I know the i7 is overall a better processor, price is an important factor. From my local supplier it's $400 compared to $280 for the i5, a quite significant increase if it's not going to give a significant performance increase.

The 4670K is pretty much on par with the 4770K when it comes to gaming. Hyper-threading will have almost no effect on gaming with a quad-core CPU - you'll only notice a difference with it if you're going to be doing a lot of video rendering. But for just gaming, it'd be a much wiser decision to go with the cheaper 4670K and then throwing that extra cash into a more powerful graphics card.

http://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=1061

Alene said:
The only reason to pick i5 is because it's cheaper. If money is not the issue, then i7 is the choice.

LMFAO. The only reason I would ever get an i7 over an i5 would be for video editing or something else very cpu intensive, gaming is not one of those things. Your money is better spent elsewhere like an ssd or better yet on a better GPU.

If money was truly not an option why not get two xeon core processors at like 1k each and quad 780is watercooled.

Back
Top Bottom