i really miss lord and companions having a personality

Users who are viewing this thread

u remember those days when my best friends in warband were matheld and count rafarch now in bannerlord everyone is replaceable and you cant feel nothing with them i just wish at least that they got random personality

u remember those days when my best friends in warband were matheld and count rafarch now in bannerlord everyone is replaceable and you cant feel nothing with them i just wish at least that they got random personality

I understand your concern, but I think, that's because game is still in development and most of the dialogue lines are placeholders.

You can see seeds of personality when talking to main quest lords, but we shouldn't expect, that it's the priority now.

Firstly you want to have your game playable and featured, and as M&B is sandbox game, giving players way to interact with the world is more important than pasting glitter all over it.

I don't miss that at all. I do miss companion party skills that matter. Like pathfinding. Right now scouting seems to have little effect on movement speed and that is something I miss.

Yeah, I was thinking the same, I really miss how I could care for those guys, now they are only clones, even my kids are clones!!
As you mention her, I miss Matheld, my Nord bodyguard:smile:)

Yeah, I was thinking the same, I really miss how I could care for those guys, now they are only clones, even my kids are clones!!

It has quite the artificial feel, hope TW can fix this without modders having to.

If you search the game files you will see that there are some detailed dialogues and options for lords having a personality and also affecting your traits and how they may see you in the artificial world of calradia. Some of them are copy pasted from warband, others are new.
Unfortunatelly they are not enabled or fully complete. I can not really explain how or why, i am not a developer. But its there at least...hidden.

It has quite the artificial feel, hope TW can fix this without modders having to.
I wouldn't expect it too soon,it's a massive feature that I would have thought they already implemented, as it is just not there, it has to be done, balanced, rebalanced etc, it will take ages....GG
I think that modders are holding on waiting for the game to become more of a game, before making some major overhaul (or they would have to patch it constantly).

I don't remember lords and companions in Warband having any personality beyond their back stories which were hardly more complex then the ones companions have in Bannerlord. The only reason players remember Matheld and count Rafarch is because they met them every single time they played the game. Players were stuck with them. And that's something I certainly don't miss.

Semi random companions in Bannerlord are much better as they offer greater variety and replayability. Now every time I restart the game I can expect different companions and I have to adjust to what is available.

Not sure if this is a good thing, but if we could get so much interaction as planescape torment? Seems like a lot of fan made work, but when I played Planescape for maybe 2 hours, most of that was chatting with the flying skull. Seems like a lot of work and maybe unrewarding, but easy to implement with the system.

Thats if you really want to read a whole lot of text. And if you got people willing to to build that up, but seems 'easy' to implement.

Matheld was a pompous b**ch :LOL: I miss Bunduk and Jeremus.
But yeah, these hollow, randomly generated, useless companions are truly disappointing. I couldn't even fathom who'd thought at TW that this new companion system is an improvement over the old one... a shame, really. :unsure:(n)

I don't miss the party squabbling though! trying to work out who would work with who and resolving the internal bickering always felt like a chore. Really miss party skills though the old system was really elegant of either player plus half of highest in group or highest in group plus half of player worked really well for me. Also meant you might really notice if a companion was injured.

I agree. You could always count on Olaf and Harringoth being jerks and Knudarr and his family being decent. You would smoke Olaf every chance you got. Things like that. The lords and companions in Bannerlord have almost no personality. It's hard to like or hate them like in Warband, if you can even keep track of them all. There's a spigot out in Calradia somewhere that's been left on and a lord drips out of it every few minutes. Almost doesn't pay to try and keep up with them. Useful skills and meaningful leveling for companions would be nice, as well. I'm halfway to Clan Tier 6 and and it feels like my companions and I are stuck when it comes to leveling. Constant battles but nothing advances.

It's a bit difficult to really bring back the feel of warband because the game is technically geared for entire generations - people die in battle or of old age.
But I do hope that they'll do more with the personality templates of Lords and companions to give them a semi-organic feel (as long as the player doesn't look too closely, obviously)
Though I never had that feel in warband to begin with. Someone put effort into writing everything, but ultimately, it all had a fairly similar feel to it.

Yes and I wish kings and other clan leaders would have personality and more dialogues as well. Also different aggression levels, working traits etc.

Like now king of Vladians is said to be really diplomatic, but in reality is exactly the same as everyone else.. declaring war on me as a player even thought I had +50 relationship with him and had married his daughter lol

oh but they do have, it's just not finished yet so you don't see too much, but tbh I prefer it that way, nothing more annoying than being spammed with cries about raiding a village. In fact, the single Companon that did that in my experience, once got a party of their own, guess: You're correct, they've spam raided everything. I mean, at least they should make them consistent, that piece of **** was just annoying me about raiding a village, and proceeds to spam raid like a maniac once they get their party.

They still have personality traits in Bannerlord, only difference is that now also player have them. Basically every NPC in the game now have them so they became universal. It's just that mechanic is not fully fleshed out yet and they don't have much impact on the game play. You can now also see traits in encyclopedia, while in Warband you could only guess them -or look them up in the wiki. Not that they had much impact on the gameplay in Warband either.

while in Warband you could only guess them -or look them up in the wiki. Not that they had much impact on the gameplay in Warband either.

The bit in the Warband encyclopedia where it would say, "He is reputed to be good-natured." was their personality type.

The bit in the Warband encyclopedia where it would say, "He is reputed to be good-natured." was their personality type.
LOL, newer noticed it all those years playing the game :smile: But then I always used encyclopedia just to find where they are and which faction the deserted to. Thanks :smile:

Back
Top Bottom