I love war!

Users who are viewing this thread

Ah, yes. I openly admit I am a fan of the gunpowder era, where you had to be brave enough to reload in amidst the shooting, cannon balls flying, and the possibility of the useful end of a bayonet being placed into your chest cavity.
The smell of blackpowder, the sound of the muskets snapping in the night.. I dream about it, and more often than not, it's glorious. Bask in its glory, I say! Muskets may be the same as modern weaponry, but honestly, nothing is like the feel of the wooden grip in hand, a pouch of cartridges placed on your shoulder, and the war cries of gentlemen from dotted areas around the countryside.

Why can't wars be like this today? Damn the fellow who invented modern weaponry; damn technology, for that matter. It's no longer about war, dear me, but it's all about information. I cry longsome for the day for gunpowder will be back on the frontlines, men in line regiments, shooting line after line. Then, as the men reload, the cavalry ride up to slay any puny commonwealth silly enough to stay. My question for you blokes here on taleworlds is..does anyone feel the same?

I know, for the way that I wrote this, it seems as though I am admitting to being a psychopath or a murderer, but it is only that I have a heart for war, it seems. I hope for the day to become a general, to command regiments or entire armies if possible. Call me what you want, but the only thing that matters to me at the end of the day is whether or not I can still smell the blackpowder, hear the sound of muskets snapping in the night, etc etc. I love war. I love everything about it and it's beauty.

War is war, every variation of it has it's intricacies and eccentricities.

I won't go on about how terrible and scarring it is in reality, it tends to be a little melodramatic and, well, while it may not elaborate fully, I think Jhess' post cover the general implication.

So, just because I have a heart of war means that I am a child? If everyone followed that logic, war would be run by children, and entire economies would fall. So, try being polite next time you post?

Your love of the idea of war, misunderstanding of it, and disregard for the purpose and result of the reality of combat pretty much shows your lack of maturity. Basically, you're playing pretend, like I did when I was 10. Except when I played pretend, we ran around in the backyard pretend to shoot bad guys, not post on internet forums about what a warrior deep down inside I was.

I don't pretend to be some important mother hubbard that happens to know something, but what I can say is that right now the world we live in sucks, and needs some serious reformation. Besides, that's not what this topic is about, is it? It's about speaking (Politely, mind you!) about how much we love war, and the glory it brings.

What glory? War sucks. And why is this is the goddamn tavern? We don't need this **** here, this is a decent board for Christ's sake. Move it back to the off topic chat were it belongs.

Messerschmitt said:
hear the sound of muskets snapping in the night
Most fights didn't happen at night due to it being dark. Don't know if you knew that Night Vision wasn't invented until after the age of muskets.

Muskets may be the same as modern weaponry,
Lol, what?

but honestly, nothing is like the feel of the wooden grip in hand
Ak47-e1363724603451.png

and the possibility of the useful end of a bayonet being placed into your chest cavity
Mmm yes nothing more fun than screaming through the night as you die slowly from the bayonet stab or die in a few weeks from the torture of the infection that you got from the muddy bayonet. Don't forget the tons of diseases that might get you instead and also make you die slowly!

Damn the fellow who invented modern weaponry
Damn the man who also invented muskets! What happened to shooting a man with a crossbow from the top of your walls?

You appear to think that chivalric warfare reached its zenith in the gunpowder age.
Please read some serious military history.
And I don't mean stuff like Who Dares, I mean the likes of Despatches from the Crimea, or Nightingales memoirs.
Or Robertson's  "tyrannicide brief", a work on the life of Cooke, which deals in large part with the honourable, gentlemanly way ( ! ) that the noble cavaliers and stout Roundheads fought each other.

Oh yes! Fighting in the gunpowder era was a true delight. Just imagine being born into a peasant family, where half of your brothers and sisters don't get to live beyond the age of 40. Imagine being conscripted into the army where you show your excellent marksmanship skills, and impress every single soldier. But hell, ain't nobody gotta give you a commission, son. Mhhhm, only gentlemen can afford that, so you're stuck with your rank. But at least you have the awesome gunpower era fighting. Oh yes! Marching for hours with few breaks and little food. Seeing your brothers in arms collapse due to disease. But, at last, a fight! Your regiment marches into battle, and opens fire. The smoke from the muskets is blurring your vision completely, and all of the sudden, a bullet penetrates the smoke and enters your upper thigh where it fragments into multiple pieces. You spend the next few weeks bedridden with a horrible infection, and end up getting your leg sawed off by the doctor. The only anesthesia available is alcohol, but it can't kill the pain.

You're soon sent back to your homeland where you are unable to work, and end up a homeless man begging in the streets. The aristocrats look down upon you as they walk by... 

Back
Top Bottom