I like the influence system

Users who are viewing this thread

sjh11741

Recruit
I want to compliment the Devs for the influence currency system and how well balanced it is. it makes early game challenging when joining a faction, and it varies greatly depending on their Kingdom Policies. but i like how you can earn it by donating prisoners, and for feeding the other parties in your army. Recently I had about 1400 influence and +6. i thought well this is end game ill never run out. well it only took 2 back to back wars of maintaining an army to deplete that. by then it was time to disband and reorganize my troops anyway.

My point in bringing this up is in hope that the devs dont mess around with this system too much. Im not saying it cant be added to or refined but too many times game devs fix things that arent broken.

Bro what the **** I never had 100 influence in my whole game. I got this two laws making me get -2 every ****ing day. It's imposibble to change them because -2 everday.

you probably should leave that faction and join another with different policies.

i hope each game is random because i want to join the northern empire but the one game I tried they had those terrible - influence policies so i left.

you probably should leave that faction and join another with different policies.

i hope each game is random because i want to join the northern empire but the one game I tried they had those terrible - influence policies so i left.
Good idea but I think I will continue with my Western Empire nibbas. Wish there was a option to have influential friends to do stuff for you like "May a suggest a political action?" then make him vote for something or create a new law, you get me.

It is a good core system but it really needs to be expanded upon with more features.

I also feel like winning battles while leading an army should yield a significant bonus to your influence gain from victory. That way armies that win consistently can be more self sustaining and a victorious and proven general will find it easier to convince their king to give them land rather than harder. After all they have proven themselves valuable by winning territory in the king's name. A proven general's word should carry more weight upon such discussions.

Conversely losing battles while leading an army could cause you to lose a lot of influence, making it harder to get people to trust you as a commander later on.

It works at its core, I'd agree. Real life intangible stuff has to be abstracted somehow for a game to deal with it as numbers, and ive seen much worse systems attempting that.

I think it needs more features and options, as far as how you can use it to make AI characters take desirable actions, or sometimes more importantly, make them stop doing something thats really screwing you over. I think ultimately it needs to become a proper currency of sorts that is used within a kingdom to create semi-formal factions and power blocs, that are actually capable of instigating significant change or civil war. Right now who I'm voting with or against on a kingdom decision feels a bit transient or random.

I would like to see clearer ideological factions, with actual goals that influence their votes, and the ability over time to associate with a particular faction or secure their votes on a given issue. It would be great if the individual personalities and ideas affected factions they would be likely to join or support.

Bro what the **** I never had 100 influence in my whole game. I got this two laws making me get -2 every ****ing day. It's imposibble to change them because -2 everday.

Donate prisoners to other people's dungeons and troops to other people's castles to get more influence. Then get "Council of the Commons" which means, if you have a fief, you never have to worry about influence ever again.

That's how I got to 20,000+ influence, with a gain of 65+ per day.

Well then clearly u fail. im at 38,6k influence as a vassal. and i had only one time where it was hard to gain influence but just be active and kill bandits. doing so will let you gain more influence than u can spend.

lt will be a good improvement if you could donate more than 50 influence at once to your kingdom clans. Having let's say 10 vassals and 10k influence, being able to give only 50 influence it's frustrating and time wasting.

After certain amount of time, it becomes meaningless since it is easy to accumulate. This needs some balance. For example cohesion, as the time goes, it should be more than just 10 influence. It should increase and the increase needs Accelaration. So you probably have to spend 100s of influence to increase cohesion. Some policies needs balance also. Because as soon as some of them active, you gain influence like it is nothing.

lt will be a good improvement if you could donate more than 50 influence at once to your kingdom clans. Having let's say 10 vassals and 10k influence, being able to give only 50 influence it's frustrating and time wasting.
You can do this though, or you were last I checked on patch 1.2.0. I spam it to raise relations with everybody in my kingdom.

Back
Top Bottom