I Just can't wait till these haters are gone....

Users who are viewing this thread

I find it ****.

Barely anything justifies it not being a patch or low cost expansion.

Hell, some modders are doing a better job than this.

Add on the massive amounts of crashes and no support, as well as the removal of many options.

It is all a **** excuse to profit more.

I'm going back to Warband, at least I don't crash there, and that game was worth my money.

Funny I've poured a lot of hours into it, and it has yet to crash on me.

Plus days after it's released there is a patch. I would call that support.

Garisi said:
zulu said:
people are entitled to their opinion if they feel that the game does not live up to the standard they expected. however this does not entitle them to whine and act like a petulent child on forums. constructive criticism is fine but *****ing and moaning is not constructive.
How constructive, then, is *****ing and moaning about the *****ers and moaners? I understand what you're saying, and I agree, but you've got to recognize that there's a double standard here. The same way no cares when a smoker tells you to quit smoking.. no one really cares when a bunch of whiners tell you to quit whining. If you want to spark a constructive argument, based on real terms, on this games actual merits and flaws.. do that. And ignore the whining. That's what grown-ups do.

Edit; If you're not talking about anyone in specific, don't quote a post? I had never voiced my opinion on WF&S until this morning. 'Silent majority'? Well gee whiz, that's a fancy term, I better crack open my encyclopedia. Of course, the fact that people are playing it has nothing to do with how often, how long, or how much they like the game. I myself have played it for some.. oh.. three hours, today alone, trying to get over the negative impressions. I'd rather not've completely wasted my money, you know? So I'm trying.

You rarely phrase a genuine argument in the form of a question, sometimes you have to make a statement to be rebutted. That's how the process works, that's how we reach an understanding. If your sole complaint is that I didn't explicitly state that it was my opinion, fine. Next time I'll be sure to scribble some liner notes in the margins for you.

When I said I wasn't talking specifically  to you, I meant as a troll, since I was talking about trolls in the sentence above that... I should have been more clear.
stethnorun said:
I would say that if you never played an M&B game before, $15 is a good price for this game. If you own Warband, however, there is really no point to buying this. Warband is, in almost every conceivable way, a better, more polished, tighter experience. Maybe after a few dozen patches WFAS will be at that level, but as is, a Warband owner is wasting their money to get this. Not really a complaint, more of a semi-objective fact. I'm playing it, but I would not recommend it to friends. I'm playing it despite itself.

I've been playing the M&B series since 2008, when the original came out.
I'm not new to the series, or these forums. I've been using these forums since 2008 to learn about modding, just never created an account to post.

You obviously didn't play Warband on release, you should go look at some of the old threads. The same type of complaining was around as is today for F&S.

Warband has been out a year, of course it's going to be more polished than a game a week old.

Dunedin said:
PANTERA. said:
Dunedin said:
Since people have said 'if you don't like the game then shut up and don't play'.

Then is it fair to also say 'if you like the game shut up and play'.

I don't recall the forums being built into the game. I also have to note that you either have to be not playing or tabbed out in order to post on the forums.

Therefore the whiners all ready aren't playing...and apparently neither are the people that are supposed like it too...

The forums function in such away that they are made for other things than *****ing about the game.

Some people get on here for help,advice, tutorials,etc.

Also, I haven't seen anyone in this the thread say" Shut up and don't play".  If they did in another thread I'm sure it's to the people saying" **** TaleWorlds, this game suckz" day after day, thread after thread.

It gets old to the rest of us that are here trying to help others or are trying to find out new strategies ,etc for the game.

I do believe good sir, you are the one that posted on the first page 'If you don't like the game don't play it. '

Or Asterix lovely reply 'SHUT THE **** UP YOU HATERS!!!!!!!!!!!'

Or look at this comment by you again 'Or they could just go play Warband and GTFO of the F&S section of the forums?'

If you don't like it, don't play it does not=" Shut up and don't play it".

And I'm pretty sure when most of the people here say " Hater" they are talking about people trolling, and that's who I was talking about.

Do I really need to explain to you what the context of that comment meant.

Asterix is 11 years old, he states that many times, what do you expect?

You find one thread of where someone was actually posting legitimate constructive criticism and someone says to " **** off",  "don't play it", etc.  I would love to see that.

Lol, I love when people state the game is **** just because it crashes for them.

Go look at the Warband threads, Warband crashes for some too, and they think it's ****.

This reminds me of the Steam forums of where people suck so bad they can only get to level two and put two hours into a game and think they have actually played it long enough and explored it enough to base an opinion on the " features" and " options" the game has.

Good thing majority reigns supreme.

I've got over 35 hours with no crashes, and the only bug to affect me is the " troop not leveling", but it was fixed on day two.

Ah, I'm sorry for being three words off from accurate.

And to note too, the long going thread for the 'no women' thing actually did cover constructive criticism, even going so far as to have two modifications for reintroducing a female PC.

That point has gotten buried multiple times over by people specifically telling even the modders that gave everyone those mods to "**** off"

Or like with the troop trees initially. The people that gave criticism for some of their reports on bugs were talked down even though their points were valid until a few modders tinkered with the code.

Congratulations on being one of the ones to not crash. I haven't yet either.

That does not somehow magically mean there isn't potentially a problem and it shouldn't be looked at or dismissed.

And if your only complaint is the 'haters' then I have to refer to my original point about the sense in complaining about complainers complaining.

EDIT: Oh, another example.

The current running thread on caravans where the OP actually talked about tweaks and mods to the caravan system and people immediately deferred to saying 'if you don't like it don't use it' even though that wasn't his point and completely ignored the fact that he was talking about actually enhancing the system rather than just whining about it.

Dunedin said:

And to note too, the long going thread for the 'no women' thing actually did cover constructive criticism, even going so far as to have two modifications for reintroducing a female PC.

That point has gotten buried multiple times over by people specifically telling even the modders that gave everyone those mods to "**** off"

Or like with the troop trees initially. The people that gave criticism for some of their reports on bugs were talked down even though their points were valid until a few modders tinkered with the code.

That does not somehow magically mean there isn't potentially a problem and it shouldn't be looked at or dismissed.

And if your only complaint is the 'haters' then I have to refer to my original point about the sense in complaining about complainers complaining.

Yeah I read into that thread a little a few days ago(or yesterday, can't remember), look liked a bunch of people thinking their opinions are fact or their opinion is more valid then others. That seems to happen all the time on forums.

I really cant comment on it,  but did you ever think about reporting some of the people being dicks?
Aren't the moderators active in this forum?

And yeah, a thread like that is a good idea, it's actually a legitimate complaint and I think it should have been in the game IMO.
A lot of people might disagree with me, since it's supposed to be based on the book.

Again, I know for me personally the people that have valid complaints aren't the haters(trolls) I'm talking about.

I've made it pretty clear the people who act like 5 year old's spamming the forums with " **** this game" are the ones I'm talking about.

I'm not saying that crashing isn't a problem, I'm saying just because it crashes on HIS computer doesn't make the game **** like he claimed, because it could very well be his computer.

On the Steam forums today, there have been 2 people post wanting help because Warband keeps crashing.
Does that mean Warband is ****? No.

Yeah, you're right. There is no point in whining about whiners but some of us hope they see that there is no point in trolling these forums everyday with the same **** over and over.

And regardless of what anyone says in this thread, people are going to whine about the game, and people are going to whine about the whinners.

That's computer gaming for you, it's been going on for years, and it will continue to go on for years.

Yeah, I actually commented on that thread, and he did make a valid point, but he also made it seem like He HAD to use caravans.

People are just saying, if you don't like it that much, don't use it.

Or maybe I just missed the **** headed parts.

I told him I agreed with trying to balance it, because it's way too easy to make money.

I have over 10 million thaler from caravans and it only took me 3 hours to amass it.

What's also funny is how one the guys on here talking about how the game is messed up is one of the guys being a **** to the OP in that thread. How ironic.

Lueii said:
  I can't wait till the people who are wasting pages and pages of this with unintelligent babble about how terrible this game is because it's too hard or you can't go head-on (you never could) against enemies with ranged weapons, comparing this to the total war series for no reason, and general nonsense.
  I will say it has it's flaws but I quite enjoy it and I am hoping that when the dust settle those who genuinely care about this game and want to help make it better (rather then sitting about and complaining about it) will be left.

That has always been the taleworld's way and shall be until bankruptcy.

ye dis gaem is terrible, especial compare to total war. it has mucho falws and wat dust u driming abt wtf?

Stupidness aside, haters gonna hate. They attention seeking whores, so simply ignore them.

If you realize all that, then I'm confused why you still complain about those folk...

As an aside, I don't publicly comment on people I report or otherwise. I try not to report people in the first place because it makes me feel like I'm doing something mean, but if it's necessary I do so in private and let the moderators sort it out their way.

Dunedin said:
If you realize all that, then I'm confused why you still complain about those folk...

As an aside, I don't publicly comment on people I report or otherwise. I try not to report people in the first place because it makes me feel like I'm doing something mean, but if it's necessary I do so in private and let the moderators sort it out their way.

Doing something mean? Your getting rid of trolls, thats a good thing. Just report and go.

Dunedin said:

Have you never been frustrated?

You've never let frustration cloud your judgment?

When someone see's the same troll **** every day it's frustrating,  and then when they finally get fed up and tell the troll something, the troll loves the attention and hence that's how a flame wars starts.

I usually don't report people either, but I'm tired of the trolls.

I've already reported one guy in this thread that went to another thread and said some rude comments( the same guy trolling the caravan thread).

Anyways, this thread is pointless, I agree.

It will be a good idea to just let it die.

Lueii said:
  I can't wait till the people who are wasting pages and pages of this with unintelligent babble about how terrible this game is because it's too hard or you can't go head-on (you never could) against enemies with ranged weapons, comparing this to the total war series for no reason, and general nonsense.
  I will say it has it's flaws but I quite enjoy it and I am hoping that when the dust settle those who genuinely care about this game and want to help make it better (rather then sitting about and complaining about it) will be left.

That has always been the taleworld's way and shall be until bankruptcy.

Criticizing the game is crimethink, praising the game is goodthink. Lueii is a doubleplusgood goodthinker and duckspeaker.

good morning :smile:

when i was pointing out the haters i forgot to say what i want out of the game for future patches

i want 3 things in the order i want them (1. is least 3. is greatest)

1. getting married
2. making your own kingdom
3. CONNECTING THE MILITIAS TO THE HIGHER END TROOPS like in warband ( i get so fed up with that and i just cant stress it enough)

thx
ps. like Lueii, despite the flaws i still love WF&S and probably will for a long time

thx

Dunedin said:

EDIT: Oh, another example.

The current running thread on caravans where the OP actually talked about tweaks and mods to the caravan system and people immediately deferred to saying 'if you don't like it don't use it' even though that wasn't his point and completely ignored the fact that he was talking about actually enhancing the system rather than just whining about it.

^ This is a good argument. Even thought it is an argument about another poster and not a game feature, the argument is still well-written and contains factual evidence and persuasion.

Travisk said:
I find it ****.

Add on the massive amounts of crashes and no support, as well as the removal of many options.

I'm going back to Warband, at least I don't crash there, and that game was worth my money.

^ As opposed to this which is someone who rants and immediately leaves, who is willing to contribute nothing to either the argument or the game and is just here to throw insults around and run away before someone has a chance to disagree.

Take notes :razz:

Votadini said:
Travisk said:
I find it ****.

^ As opposed to this which is someone who rants and immediately leaves, who is willing to contribute nothing to either the argument or the game and is just here to throw insults around and run away before someone has a chance to disagree.

Have you never been frustrated about a game? Let off steam?
Perhaps he/she doesn't want to hear disagreement about a personal opinion he/she is convinced of.

Anyway, pointless thread. Only shows the intolerance of people in general.

QuailLover said:
Funny I've poured a lot of hours into it, and it has yet to crash on me.

Plus days after it's released there is a patch. I would call that support.
exactly. and i read that the patch was made for a bug and they got the bug because someone emailed the problem to one of the producers.

if you dont like the problems then why dont you just contact a producer about them.
Paradox and Taleworlds are very nice and im sure they will fix any bugs or problems you point out.

Rattaplan said:
Votadini said:
Travisk said:
I find it ****.

Perhaps he/she doesn't want to hear disagreement about a personal opinion he/she is convinced of.

Yeah I agree with this guy, it's fine for people to "let of steam" for a straight week, even though his problem might be a personal one that has nothing to do with the game.

You're right, it shows the intolerance of people with no tolerance....

PANTERA. said:
Rattaplan said:
Votadini said:
Travisk said:
I find it ****.

Yeah I agree with this guy, it's fine for people to "let of steam" for a straight week, even though his problem might be a personal one that has nothing to do with the game.

You're right, it shows the intolerance of people with no tolerance....
I don't think your reading comprehension is very good.

I said people are intolerant in general and I didn't say he/she had a personal problem but an opinion. I even emphasized this by putting "personal" in front of it, since otherwise someone might start confusing opinion with fact.

As for complaining for a week? If only a tenth percent of all the people, who bought this product, complain, I'd think a week is not that excessive at all.

PANTERA. said:
Garisi said:
Seems to me people expect so much from this game because you have to pay for it. I don't really care how it stacks up to warband, I care about how it stacks up to the free mods floating around. They say flat out this is worth your money because it's a professional level mod, but if you poke around even a little bit you can find better for free. That's aggravating. People are going to complain.

Then again, that's just your opinion.

I don't get why people like you think their opinion reigns supreme over every one elses.

Just because you think there are better mods doesn't mean everyone else does.

No one made you buy the game, you should have waited for the reviews.

This game has been out a week, we don't need to see the same people posting the same **** day after day.

dude waht YOU dont undestand is that THIS is also just YOUR opnion the game sucks balls this game is not even worth 15 dollars i didnt brought the game i pirated it dude i sure that someone with averange skills on modding cluld make a mod way better than this game just look at free mods such was europe 1200,1755,imperium graecun and actually there are also a infinite amount of mods for the first MB that were better(and i say again free)1866,star wars,age of blackpowder and etc

cara1011 said:
PANTERA. said:
Garisi said:
Seems to me people expect so much from this game because you have to pay for it. I don't really care how it stacks up to warband, I care about how it stacks up to the free mods floating around. They say flat out this is worth your money because it's a professional level mod, but if you poke around even a little bit you can find better for free. That's aggravating. People are going to complain.

Then again, that's just your opinion.

I don't get why people like you think their opinion reigns supreme over every one elses.

Just because you think there are better mods doesn't mean everyone else does.

No one made you buy the game, you should have waited for the reviews.

This game has been out a week, we don't need to see the same people posting the same **** day after day.

dude waht YOU dont undestand is that THIS is also just YOUR opnion the game sucks balls this game is not even worth 15 dollars i didnt brought the game i pirated it dude i sure that someone with averange skills on modding cluld make a mod way better than this game just look at free mods such was europe 1200,1755,imperium graecun and actually there are also a infinite amount of mods for the first MB that were better(and i say again free)1866,star wars,age of blackpowder and etc

This post bothers me... I'm not sure why.  I don't know if it's because of the over-use/use in general of the word "dude", or the fact that this youngling feels the need to say he stole the game.  Either way, I feel a bit dumber for having read it :sad:

Back
Top Bottom