I have the Black Mace! I will help people to get it too! :)

Are you trying to get the Black Mace?

• Yes

Votes: 102 38.3%
  • No

Votes: 40 15.0%
  • I have it already

Votes: 20 7.5%
  • I have had it earlier

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • What Black Mace?

Votes: 99 37.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

YourStepDad said:
xdj1nn said:
I'm stuck right after the rebellion, captured Kiev and the quest does not progress, neither there are options to talk with Janusz or the Mayor... I think I've got myself a game breaking bug, gonna quit playin this if there's no workaround

I have the same problem as well. And I don't feel like losing all the progress just to beat it. There has got to be a workaround.

Any ideas?

None that would work I guess, only if we mod the game and punch in a few triggers, so that it'll trigger for that save, tho it'll bug all other games on that module, making that trigger switch on whenever u are, for example, camping... It's possible to fix this through script tho it'll force u to start over, unless we add 2 condition parameters, but for that I would have to study the whole code involving that quest, which I'm not in the mood to, I've left Game Dev college for a reason... haha

My problem is the Polish pretender seems nowhere to be found. Also I have taken all the Polish forts, although they are not defeated.

xdj1nn said:
YourStepDad said:
xdj1nn said:
I'm stuck right after the rebellion, captured Kiev and the quest does not progress, neither there are options to talk with Janusz or the Mayor... I think I've got myself a game breaking bug, gonna quit playin this if there's no workaround

I have the same problem as well. And I don't feel like losing all the progress just to beat it. There has got to be a workaround.

Any ideas?

None that would work I guess, only if we mod the game and punch in a few triggers, so that it'll trigger for that save, tho it'll bug all other games on that module, making that trigger switch on whenever u are, for example, camping... It's possible to fix this through script tho it'll force u to start over, unless we add 2 condition parameters, but for that I would have to study the whole code involving that quest, which I'm not in the mood to, I've left Game Dev college for a reason... haha

If he doesn't want to talk, have you already tried to bribe the mayor? Don't know, but it worked for me...

EDIT:
But I think I tried a couple of times to talk to him, maybe 20 times or more, can't remember, and then ouf of no reason it suddenly worked... I always had like 6 or 7 different saves for different stages of this quest (in a succession of relatively short time periods) so that if one step wouldn't work I just had to re-load the one save just before the last save point.

Maybe the walkthrough can help you http://download2.taleworlds.com/WFaS_Storyline_walkthrough_guide.pdf

I have the pdf, the problem is within a trigger, if spamming dialogue openings forces the game to re-check some triggers, that can work, but it's too annoyin if id doesn't, decided to have another play with edited character, for safety reasons, now I'm further in the quest, but don't know what to do, will have to read the pdf again! hahaha

YourStepDad said:
Thank you, but I don't wish to go trough the quest again because of someone else's fault to make the quests work as they should. I am too far in the game to start over.

well, I've cheated, guaranteed at least 12 to 15 hours less to get at where I was before... Altho, I've tried to cheat the less possible to not ruin the experience hahaha

without the bugs gettin the mace isn't all that hard, u just have to anticipate the intelligence thresholds, and, avoid the freking bugs, altho after getting it, I don't feel good at all, Kiev, which was my fief under the polish guy we do the quests for, was auto-seized by some random lord under his command, after that I thought "oh no problem I get it back", I've managed to get around 500 great units within Kiev to avoid losing it, after all under the context the city represents the Black Mace, but then, after becoming the ultimate marshall under Cossak leader rule, I've rushed to get my city back, spent tons of resources on it, time to build up the garrisson and upgraded it to the ultimate city, and what did I get? A freaking NO! to having my city back, ok, the main problem was, I had to rebel, and could not turn back into the oath cuz that fagg would not accept it...

Then the fun begun, the game bugged like hell, all Cossak lords would follow me, and for each battle I would take, all other lords around would side of me, imagine that there were around 1500 men to their side and I had 127, even with this favorable exploit, it would take ages to finish them off, and, my intention was always to become the ultimate cossak, not a king, cuz I'm sick of the retarded system for the player when he's a king, the only thing that would possibly allow that is Diplomacy, which does not exist for Fire & Sword...

The meaning of all this babble is: Althought TaleWorlds added actual quest content to the Mount & Blade series, the game is so limited, so bugged and so unbalanced, that the only thing I concluded is that they have one of the worst Leading Designers on the market, either that, or they do not have a Game Designer at all. Main quests are broken, the rewards are laughable and the game became completely pointless once I saw all that "U lost all ur progress and u can't do nothing about it! Now u depend on our precisely calculated dumb AI to aquire your things back, and that mace u had all that trouble to get, well, it does not add **** to you besides a 50 men"

I've felt like being pranked by TW, srsly, the Mace is cool, but far from being a reward for winning a rebellion, losing all ur fiefs, and having gigantic battles of 250 men against you with at most 110 men if u are focusing on Charisma only. "They say that who ever holds the mace is unbeatable", yeah, like having 50 dmg with the range of ur cock and +50 men would make any difference when u have to face whole armies...

Another retarded thing is that auto-resolve system, so, if I stand none of my men die, but if I fall, even not being the surgeon, I get like 15 to 50% of my men killed automatically, even if they are 50 against 3 remaining on the battlefield when I get one shoted. But it doesn't stop there, to avoid one shots one must focus Strenght with Iron Skin, but through the quest I AM FORCED to upgrade only charisma - leadership so I can have even a slight chance of winning battles during the rebellion, I mean, this game is completely broken and can't be called a game at all, TW should've maintained the Sand-Box style, their incompetence to make an actual game goes beyond the most obscure and underground Korean developers.... And the most sad thing is, the game is actually so bad that tis' being out for around a Year and it has no online guides, the most game breaking bugs aren't fixed, and the greatest M&B series modders don't even touch WFaS....

Just to add into my frustration, making the best of thei whinning, the performance issues are still here, the game still can't handle multithreading there are insane FPS drops, etc...

But what to expect from a indie game that went on sell in Steam for like 2 bucks, I mean, I shouldn't be that mad, but I am, because WB is way better, and I mean, by far, from what WFaS is, and WFaS is NEW... Better game they said, their little treasure they said. A ****ing piece of **** mod for the old game I say...

I have few questions.

First I am now a vassal of Poland. Is it obligatory to be free of any faction to be able to start quest?

Second, if I resign from service of Poland will relations change with factions that are at war with kingdom of Poland?

Third, after I got black mace is it possible to leave quest?

Temuçin said:
I have few questions.

First I am now a vassal of Poland. Is it obligatory to be free of any faction to be able to start quest?

Second, if I resign from service of Poland will relations change with factions that are at war with kingdom of Poland?

U cannot leave the quest, never, impossible, u can only fail it, and to fail it, all cossaks need to be defeated(at the point that u have the mace), the nation has to disappear, that incluedes u, and, if u are defeated, u lose the mace through the annoying "lose all ur stuff" troll system...

The Mace isn't good at all, so don't bother with it, focus on gaining lvl, u'll need tons of leadership and health, the rest doesn't matter, u can always put other usefull skills on ur companions, but u HAVE to tank, because if u fall in battle, things get really messed up...

There are no best troops in this one, basically u need over 9000 men with rifles, and, u need to wipe the enemy before their cavalry reachs ur marksmen, or, u can only win by filling ur army with mounted marksmen...

Basically, there's only one way to do good in this game, so forget about any RP u used to make in WB, forget about alt builds, u either have a rulling army with rifles, and tons of HP, or, u are finished! hahaha

Good luck, have fun

Temuçin said:
I have few questions.

First, Yes, player needs to be free of other factions excluding Cossacks.

Second, player relations remains same but it is possible to buy peace.

Third, there is a way to make scenario go into free play mod. It is written in the pdf manual.

Thanks xdj1nm. According to manual, after player takes black mace and accept starting rebellion against Cossack Hetman game goes into free play mod.

My character has already reached 10 leadership point. I want black mace for its party limit bonus. I will not use it as weapon cause I have heavy club that has 70 reach and pretty decent 31b damage.

In case of army, I am fine with over 50 German Riflemen and 100 Winged Hussars. :smile:

sorry for double post.

From Storyline manual;

Find Barabash, talk to him. If you have the Black Mace, Barabash offers you to start a rebellion against Khmelnytsky. If you decline, Mamai will advise you to become a subject of the Zaporozhian Host, because Khmelnitsky would certainly make the wielder of the Black Mace his marshal. If you agree, you will have to do some «convincing» among the Zaporozhian lords. During the conversations with the lords, you'll be advised to find Khmelnytsky and learn the latter's view on the situation of Barabash. If you start the rebellion immediately, the game then goes into freeplay mode.

1. Can anyone confirm this ? What does freeplay mode means?

2. Can I leave the rebellion after start it?

My problem is I took black mace and I don't want to join Cossacks. I want to go back to Polish Kingdom. Is it possible to do so whitout losting black mace?

Thanks in advance.

i have a little question

If I fail to defend the village in the first place, will i get a second chance? coz I've been waiting for quite a bit now and none of the lords seem to offer me the job.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom