I hate Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Have to agree on Davic, you know its bad when people are just waiting for the modding tools to replay the game.

This is the recurring theme I've noticed with any part of the player base, it shows a complete lack of faith in Taleworlds to make the game or take the game in the direction people want it to go in.

I hate the idea of a game needing to be fixed by mods but it’s happening already, single player is already improved immeasurably by some simple mods out there already without modding tools, the same will happen with multiplayer when we have custom servers available.

Eb... what I don't understand is only a few days ago you posted a really great discussion about medium infantry. Lots of great references and discussion and the dev's responded. All seemed positive.

Now this thread is just a bit of a rant...

I dont want to fight I just dont understand why some days you're so on the pulse and other days it feels like you cant be bothered but still post something anyway...

You can't forgive Taleworlds' lack of new content in favor of bug fixes while ignoring the fact that is was their own incompetence that made the game so buggy and crash-prone that they needed to spend the first 3-4 months of EA so far fixing it.

I'm not making excuses, this is just a fact and the current way TW is working. Don't think that I am happy with that.

Taleworlds listening to 5/1000 suggestions is not impressive. Personally, I'm not going to congratulate them for potentially fixing server crashes that have been happening since the beta, that it's taken this long is already unacceptable but we can all move on from that if it's fixed now. I also don't think the player count is so low because of no report or clan system, even though those things are not unwanted. The combat and perk changes could improve the game, but TW has made several head scratching balance changes already so it could realistically go either way since we don't have any concrete details. Ultimately though, combat parameter changes and perk balancing is just polishing a turd that is rotten in it's core, and there's no signs that TW is going to fix that.

I don't know why TW is so extremely slow, they showed at ea launch that they can do a lot better than this. If I didn't know better, I'd say TW has 5 devs working on the game. Nonetheless, I think they are on the right path, at least content-wise. I think these small, questionable changes are the result of TW devs not communicating enough with each other and with us. And they are reworking this "rotten core" right now, so lets see if things get better after 1.4.3.

The past year of beta and EA where they didn't implement the vast majority of suggestions or listen to feedback, those threads that seem tone-deaf to what the community wants (hint: they made a vol. 2 because vol. 1 pissed people off). Even just looking at these forums it's clear the community is unhappy and don't believe TW are capable of fixing MP because TW has not given them any reason to think that. Many of the most vocal beta testers are gone, which isn't surprising considering how their detailed feedback was shunned by the developers. Virtually all my friends who played in the beta or bought the game at release have stopped playing and are now eagerly awaiting the release of modding tools because they think TW is a lost cause and that modders will do a better job creating the game they actually want to play.

The problem is not TW not listening to us, the problem is that they are working really slow and there is a big lack of communication. 90% of the devs are not even active in the forum, that creates a big gap between devs and community, we don't know what their exact plans are, but again, judging by the information they give us, its not too far off from what we want for the game. I don't remember vol. 1 pissing off people, I found it really promising and informative. It just got updated, thats all. Vol. 2 also sounds promising, so do the devs sneak peaks for the next patch. Is there anything specific TW recently said, that worries you and makes you think they don't listen to us at all?

As someone said earlier its not our game but we are the community behind this game alot of us are the guys who will never leave M&B and probably keep playing till we stop playing videogames.Alot of us here probably contributed to the M&B community in some way over the years making maps, getting the friends to buy the game, starting clans and what not. WE are not the devs, we are the community that made the old game thrive for over 6 years till the decline in like 2018 (for mutiplayer). So yeah we might know what were talking about

The problem is not TW not listening to us, the problem is that they are working really slow and there is a big lack of communication. 90% of the devs are not even active in the forum, that creates a big gap between devs and community, we don't know what their exact plans are, but again, judging by the information they give us, its not too far off from what we want for the game. I don't remember vol. 1 pissing off people, I found it really promising and informative. It just got updated, thats all. Vol. 2 also sounds promising, so do the devs sneak peaks for the next patch. Is there anything specific TW recently said, that worries you and makes you think they don't listen to us at all?
I think the issue is that Taleworlds has yet to release a patch that greatly improves MP. They can say "You guys are complaining now but just wait, we got big things coming :wink:" all they want but until they actually prove they are capable of pushing the game in the right direction, I have no faith they can meet my expectations. The combat parameter and perk changes are too vague for us to know if TW has actually improved them or just took a step to the side or even backwards instead of forwards.

Communication is definitely part of the problem, but only if they are actually working towards what their community wants. It's not really what TW has said that worries me, but what they have not said. We don't know how they designed certain mechanics to work, whether their already happy with the balance of different weapons, classes, etc. Right now we can only assume they either are happy with any aspect of the game or they are unhappy, but I think it's natural to assume they're happy with it since most things have been changed little since the start of the beta. They might just be working glacially slow, but given that their posts detailing their plans are largely about anti-cheat, report systems, and social functions and vague promises of improvement to combat and perks, it seems they are not prioritizing what is actually making the game unfun for most of their community.

Nobody asked for Mount & Blade or Warband and yet we got it. This is their game. They design it as they see fit, just as they did with M&B and Warband. You're not entitled to whatever game it is that you think you deserve. Go make your own game if you're not happy with this one. Nobody forced you to buy a game that they spent a significant portion of their lives making.
i asked, m&b was made on my request

Do you think M&B is in any way equivalent to a child..? Like you seriously think that's a relevant comparison?

It's a game. Chill the **** out.

Do you think I seriously consider his comment reflects enough of his character that he might be an absent father? Or how about this, do I seriously support Les for the next president? Or how about every other hashtag that is absolutely not true. They're all false hashtags. Did you just skim through them and read the longest one? I guess I'll be more concise since people prefer blocks of words here instead of making a point and at the same time poking a little bit of fun. We don't fix problems from walking away.

"Chill the **** out"

Who would've imagined people would be ranting on a post called "I hate Bannerlord". It'd be like self-harm for a dev to read this ****.

I'm so sick of these self-victimisation threads - if you have valid concerns raise them. I have many-times; however I manage to do it without crying. This bull**** though is just rage-baiting.

Back
Top Bottom