In Progress I can't assign my brother's role through the Clan Parties UI

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.7
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
I can't assign my brother's role through the Clan Parties screen UI. I can assign everybody else's role but his. Clicking the "None" (or the current role) button makes a sound but doesn't bring any drop down menu at all. I was able to successfully assign him the Quartermaster role through talking to him from the Party screen and choosing the dialogue options for role assignment, but going back to Clan Parties screen and clicking the (now "Quartermaster") role button still doesn't do anything but make a sound.

P.S.: I uploaded my save file through the upload tool at upload.taleworlds.com.

I have had the same issue since I started a new game in 1.5.7. I can't assign any positions to my brother from party tab in clan menu.

What is even more interesting is that through the talk menu I can assign him multiple roles. Only the last one shows in the party menu as his title but his stats affect every role assigned unless I manually remove them from him through the talk option.

I started a new game in 1.5.8 beta and played it until clan lvl 2 just to check and the problem persists from the start in 1.5.8 as well.

I have had the same issue since I started a new game in 1.5.7. I can't assign any positions to my brother from party tab in clan menu.

What is even more interesting is that through the talk menu I can assign him multiple roles. Only the last one shows in the party menu as his title but his stats affect every role assigned unless I manually remove them from him through the talk option.

I started a new game in 1.5.8 beta and played it until clan lvl 2 just to check and the problem persists from the start in 1.5.8 as well.
That's quite funny, but IMO that's how it should be. We should be able to assign multiple roles to the same hero. After all we do fill all roles until we assign them to other heroes. Heroes also fill all roles when leading their parties. I don't see a reason why we shouldn't be able to delegate more than one role to the same hero.

The UI would have to be "reversed", though. Instead of listing the heroes and a dropdown beside each, it would have to list the roles and the dropdown list the available heroes, who could be selected for any or all roles.

That's quite funny, but IMO that's how it should be. We should be able to assign multiple roles to the same hero. After all we do fill all roles until we assign them to other heroes. Heroes also fill all roles when leading their parties. I don't see a reason why we shouldn't be able to delegate more than one role to the same hero.

The UI would have to be "reversed", though. Instead of listing the heroes and a dropdown beside each, it would have to list the roles and the dropdown list the available heroes, who could be selected for any or all roles.

I get what you're saying and I certainly would like to have an option of that but imho the greatest value of these roles is the experience they give your followers not what the add to your party. With the addition of rebellions and other game mechanics your followers are becoming less superfluous. Having the right governor with the right culture and sufficient stewardship is starting to genuinely make a difference in controlling your newly conquered settlements and having strong values in the other 3 role-based traits certainly makes for a good party leader as your clan grows and you need additional parties.

I am thinking either have that as a mod or an option in game setting which is set to off by default. Just my two cents.

Experienced the same on a fresh 1.5.8

Not sure if this the place to do this, but I am running 1.5.8.263183 Campaign. I was hoping I could get a bug check I seem to have encountered.
Have saved sister (In Party), I assigned her the Engineer Role. I then married said sister to another lord. Sister Leaves party. Can not longer assign the Engineer role to anyone via the Clan Screen. I am not sure if this is just my install, or a potential bug. Thank you.

Not sure if this the place to do this, but I am running 1.5.8.263183 Campaign. I was hoping I could get a bug check I seem to have encountered.
Have saved sister (In Party), I assigned her the Engineer Role. I then married said sister to another lord. Sister Leaves party. Can not longer assign the Engineer role to anyone via the Clan Screen. I am not sure if this is just my install, or a potential bug. Thank you.
Based on your issue, it sounds like you would be better off making your own thread.

So the short of it is - I broke my Brother (Nusun) - the elder.

All was well, he accepted all the roles I wanted to assign to him via the Clan -> Party UI. But all that changed after I made him Governor of a Castle. Things were odd in that interface as well - after I gave my brother the job. More to that later.

so I am on e1.5.9 (no mods)

After I took my Brother back into the Party (since the Castle can now manage without him, and I needed his party size boost back) I cannot assign him any roles from the Clan UI - Party members screen. No role at all. for him, the current role (None) or after talking to him privately he took up Quartermaster again is just stuck. when you click it you get the sound, but no menu. cant change the role. This persists even after changing his position by dragging him around in the Party screen, higher than other companions. Even immediately following me.

After I gave him all the roles (through talking with him) when I tab the others, the Interface shows ( None ) and the option [ None ] appears below that. But again for Nusun, only the last assigned Role shows, and no drop down when tapping. Removing all roles from him (again through talking) did not change the problem, still no drop down for him on the Clan UI- Party Member screen. (At least when he is Quartermaster, I do get his Party Size bonus)

I gave him his own party, then ordered it to disband. when I met him outside of the city gates, I asked to join me again. Still cannot assign roles via the UI, only through talking.

Now to the Governor UI. When you assign a character Governor, you can still go back and change it and before you do that see a list of all the people you have available to be the Governor, and hover over their images and compare their stats.

But when Nusun is Governor, his Avatar does not appear in the list of the available people. So you cant inspect his settings. Only if you first take him back into your party, he then appears as eligible selection.

To see this, you first have to make Nusun the Governor and then leave the settlement. When you come back and manage the castle, and change governor he is not listed in the available choices anymore.

I have a Save Game "Nusun" if that would be helpful (this is withhim no longer Governer, and not Quartermaster)

Back
Top Bottom