I am lame..

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, i have been playing this game for A year and some months but i still got the same old damned problem. Unzipping mods doesn't work. I will with detail tell you what i do: I find a mod that works with M&B 0.808, Download it, extract to: \mydocuments\mount&blade\modules. (Yes, I moved the folder to my documents) *Done* now i open the mount&blade window and see in the modules.. No damn module without self installer to pick there! My sister did the exact same thing with the darkmod in 7.51 and she made it work.. I have no clue how...

Yeah, I should have posted this looong ago..  :mad:

Edit: Yeah maybe wrong forum..?

Audun said:
Guess what, i've already tried that again but it didn't work.

Try reinstalling M&B. Also, make sure if you are running .808 as well that you are unzipping into the right installation if it is a .751 mod.

Also also, be sure the actual directory under mods is being created.

Audun said:
extract to: \mydocuments\mount&blade\modules. (Yes, I moved the folder to my documents)
don't do that, the whole point is that the files are in a specific place so that the game can read them properly. leave it where it originally went, i mean, all you have to do is put "C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade\Modules" into the extractor and it should work. unless you moved the enitre mount&blade folder from program files and have made a corresponding shortcut. it all comes down to which folder you moved, the whole thing, or just the modules. the self installer probably extracts it to where ou haqd the original folder which is why they work. i'm either totally misaprehending the situation and making afool of myself or i'm right.

Are you sure the mod files are in a seperate folder in /modules? If yes, then maybe they appear in the module list with a name you don't expect? Third thing is maybe you've got too many mods installed and new mods just don't appear on the list (I think I had that with .751).

Hallequin, Yes it's all in seperate folders, When M&B was removed, i found a backup or something so i clicked it, It had 1 mod, and that was Liberty or Death, which i was trying on earlier! Well, the pository is a little funny right now, sometimes i don't download a KB per secound...

And Ronin, i use firefox.

Edit: YAY! YES! It's working! I couldn't get a mod without self installer to work before now, Almost a year after the module stuff was created. Damn, i should have a custom title saying "The lame one"  :razz:  :cool:

Back
Top Bottom