How we can raise Medicine XP gain / Suggestions are wishable

Users who are viewing this thread

public static void OnHeroHealedWhileWaiting(MobileParty mobileParty, int healingAmount)
{
float num = (float)Campaign.Current.Models.PartyHealingModel.GetSkillXpFromHealingTroop(mobileParty.Party);
num = num * (float)healingAmount * 0.01f;
SkillLevelingManager.OnPartySkillExercised(mobileParty, DefaultSkills.Medicine, num, SkillEffect.PerkRole.Surgeon);
}

public static void OnRegularTroopHealedWhileWaiting(MobileParty mobileParty, int troopCount)
{
float skillXp = (float)(Campaign.Current.Models.PartyHealingModel.GetSkillXpFromHealingTroop(mobileParty.Party) * troopCount);
SkillLevelingManager.OnPartySkillExercised(mobileParty, DefaultSkills.Medicine, skillXp, SkillEffect.PerkRole.Surgeon);
}

public override int GetSkillXpFromHealingTroop(PartyBase party)
{
return 10;
}

(speculations)
For a Hero that has 0hp, the Surgeon/MainHero gets:
10x100?x0,01 = 10XP (without any multiplier factor=Learning Rate factor)

For 20 wounded Troops, the Surgeon/MainHero gets:
20x10=200XP (without any multiplier factor=Learning Rate factor)

Because both Methods are named "WhileWaiting" i think it will be only applied by waiting in town or stand still on Campaign map.

This Method seems only to be used by Simulated Battles

public static void OnSurgeryApplied(MobileParty party, float surgeryFactor)
{
SkillLevelingManager.OnPartySkillExercised(party, DefaultSkills.Medicine, (float)MBMath.Round(10f * surgeryFactor), SkillEffect.PerkRole.Surgeon);
}

Now we wanna hit the Medicine 275skill..... has someone an idea how? I would like to hear your suggestions since the Learning Rate factor will decrease. So we can give feedback to the TW devs.

Btw i haven´t found any Method for Medicine where it lvls up while traveling.

Last edited:
Btw i haven´t found any Method for Medicine where it lvls up while traveling.

Not directly but if you have wounded troops and you are traveling they will also recuperate although at a slower rate than at rest. You will get XP for this.

I would propose that the Medicine skill also gets XP for each hit your troops take not only when they get killed or unconscious.

Maybe introduce a quest which needs Medicine and will get you XP for the skill. You could also offer this for other skills, like Engineering.

Maybe introduce a quest which needs Medicine and will get you XP for the skill. You could also offer this for other skills, like Engineering.

Hmm that could do something. In the engineering case that would be
Like a rebuild the village quest after a raid. For medicine a quest like healing a plague.

I still think it funny they patched out getting medicine form friendly fire on you own troops, but they left gaining riding(or athletics)/ranged skill ups from attacking allies. Try to raise medicine this way was still super slow, but raising the combat skill on a cheering allied party after a battle is super fast to power level up riding and bow, not to mention lets you manipulate the worlds state without being at war.

I still think it funny they patched out getting medicine form friendly fire on you own troops, but they left gaining riding(or athletics)/ranged skill ups from attacking allies. Try to raise medicine this way was still super slow, but raising the combat skill on a cheering allied party after a battle is super fast to power level up riding and bow, not to mention lets you manipulate the worlds state without being at war.
Combat skills are always easier to lvl up since the XP amount is related to a Speed multiplier and the Learning factor. In case of riding and bow it is related to speed,shot difficulty and the learning factor for both skills, Riding and Bow.

but raising the combat skill on a cheering allied party after a battle is super fast to power level up riding and bow,
Lol i never tested it. Good find XD
I think that it shouldn´t work if you shoot your own troops after a fight. :smile: Maybe we should give TW that info.

Combat skills are always easier to lvl up since the XP amount is related to a Speed multiplier and the Learning factor. In case of riding and bow it is related to speed,shot difficulty and the learning factor for both skills, Riding and Bow.

Lol i never tested it. Good find XD
I think that it shouldn´t work if you shoot your own troops after a fight. :smile: Maybe we should give TW that info.
It doesn't work for "your own" troops, only allied troops, like if a lord attacks looters with you. The fact it doesn't work on your own troops is funny too since it mean they at least tried to address this. Also, at one point you could get FF exp off own troops inside a bandit hideout attack, but that was patched out, meaning again they patched a more obscure version of this problem lol.
I'm pretty sure it in the known issues list.

As far as combat skills just being faster, absolutly, but some passive skills like stewardship level much more smoothly then most others.
Medicine needs a big boost and think a daily tick like stewardship should be in since I'm never going to loose enough troops to raise it otherwise. The map will be mine and it will still be under 100.

Companions are the biggest source of Medicine xp you can get. Get as many as you are able, keep a small army (10-20 troops) and just autocalc with them against looters/bandits since they do get wounded especially if they are under you in the party. Plus they level their skills and you get tactics which is now a valuable skill (assuming they fixed it in 1.5.5) to get as it has many party leader buffs and the end skill most likely makes autocalc OP af.

I hate how Medicine levels up, meaning it doesn't. You have to throw troops into a wood chipper and even then it becomes absurdly slow.
Of course the "learning speed reduction per character level" is a huge problem too. I was a pacifist until at least medicine 50 in my current game so I could at least get a couple perks from medicine, but as soon as I start fighting I gain like 12 levels and all learning rates are even more garbage.

If they don't abandon the level up= learning speed down mechanic, they should at least split it for types of skills.
If each attribute reduced it's group that would be more reasonable.

They should ad a daily tick exactly like steward. All amounts of exp in medicine are too low to raise it up and the means to proc it is counter to how the game is played.

Back
Top Bottom