How to mod character?

Users who are viewing this thread

I have big problem with comat even on very easy, becouse of my physical disability. Can I (or someone) make mod using modding tools to give my character more HP? How to do it?

I know this is a few days old, but hopefully this helps. I'm trying to get a hang on modding and this was a useful and relatively easy test case.

I was just looking into something different and came across the method for defining difficulty settings. I'm completely new to all of this and I don't yet know how to make a proper patch, but here is a hack for setting the player damage reduction to whatever value you want. I've tested the damage multiplier it at 0.01 and it seems to work (basically making the character invincible at that extreme). The main problem with this method is that you'll probably have to do it every time there is an update. Here's how you can do it.

1. Download dnSpy here: https://github.com/0xd4d/dnSpy/releases
2. Extract and open dnSpy
3. File -> Open -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\Taleworlds.CampaignSystem.dll
4. Find the same file in your file manager and back it up.
5. In dnSpy, navigate to Taleworlds.CampaignSystem.Sandbox.GameComponents.DefaultDifficultyModel, selecting it.
6. You'll see a list of functions. The second one down is GetDamageToPlayerMultiplier().
7. Right click on that function and select Edit Method.
8. Change line 14 to whatever you want the damage to the player to be multiplied by and click "Compile"
9. File -> Save, overwrite the old .dll

That should be it. Make sure your difficulty is on "Very Easy", of course.

Upvote 0
I know this is a few days old, but hopefully this helps. I'm trying to get a hang on modding and this was a useful and relatively easy test case.

I was just looking into something different and came across the method for defining difficulty settings. I'm completely new to all of this and I don't yet know how to make a proper patch, but here is a hack for setting the player damage reduction to whatever value you want. I've tested the damage multiplier it at 0.01 and it seems to work (basically making the character invincible at that extreme). The main problem with this method is that you'll probably have to do it every time there is an update. Here's how you can do it.

1. Download dnSpy here: https://github.com/0xd4d/dnSpy/releases
2. Extract and open dnSpy
3. File -> Open -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\Taleworlds.CampaignSystem.dll
4. Find the same file in your file manager and back it up.
5. In dnSpy, navigate to Taleworlds.CampaignSystem.Sandbox.GameComponents.DefaultDifficultyModel, selecting it.
6. You'll see a list of functions. The second one down is GetDamageToPlayerMultiplier().
7. Right click on that function and select Edit Method.
8. Change line 14 to whatever you want the damage to the player to be multiplied by and click "Compile"
9. File -> Save, overwrite the old .dll

That should be it. Make sure your difficulty is on "Very Easy", of course.
What does this dnSpy program do?

Upvote 0
What does this dnSpy program do?

you can read about it on the github page

dnSpy is a debugger and .NET assembly editor

if that is to tech-babble then lets use a example. You want to read a book, but it is in Japanese. So you use a translator software Japanese-to-English. Now you can sort of understand it. Grammar is terrible. Names are a mess. But its better than the original (which you understand nada/nothing).

That is the debugger job. It takes computer code and turns it back to human code (in a bad shape, it lacks organization, comments, proper names, etc, but you can at least sort of read it now). With human code you can then modify it (change it, recode it). Then you compile it back to computer code so the game can use it. There. You have a mod.

Upvote 0
you can read about it on the github page

if that is to tech-babble then lets use a example. You want to read a book, but it is in Japanese. So you use a translator software Japanese-to-English. Now you can sort of understand it. Grammar is terrible. Names are a mess. But its better than the original (which you understand nada/nothing).

That is the debugger job. It takes computer code and turns it back to human code (in a bad shape, it lacks organization, comments, proper names, etc, but you can at least sort of read it now). With human code you can then modify it (change it, recode it). Then you compile it back to computer code so the game can use it. There. You have a mod.
So it reverse engineers compiled code? Cool, thanks.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom