How many people have you gotten to buy Mount & Blade?

How many people have you gotten to buy Mount & Blade?

Votes: 34 40.0%

Votes: 18 21.2%

Votes: 13 15.3%

Votes: 7 8.2%

Votes: 5 5.9%

Votes: 4 4.7%

Votes: 2 2.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 10+

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

pateras

Recruit
This is one of the most amazing games I've ever played, and sadly, it seems to be one of the most unrecognized. I've been trying like crazy to spread the word, as I feel this game deserves some serious recognition, and I figure the more people that play it, the more impact it will have on gaming at large. I've posted on 3 different forums, extolling the game's virtues (this post http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=520869 getting over 600 reads), and I've told every person that I know that may be interested.

So how many have you gotten to join up? The poll asks how many you've gotten to get the full game, but respond with how many you've gotten to at least play it with a post if that number is significantly difference (e.g. you've gotten 2 to buy but 9 to try).

6 people have told me they've tried it, with several others meaning to (and 1 other having already played it). All, but one, that have tried it have bought it, and the one that hasn't bought it just hasn't had time to play it more than once, but he really liked it. I'm looking to make that number grow, this game needs some serious recognition.

I'm like you,  since getting hookedon this game I've been a missionary for this game... now I just need the white shirt, blackpants and name tag!

i only know one person who's into similar games to me, but he doesn't seem keen enough to buy mount and blade, most people would rather buy a game with huge explosions and machine guns, so sadly i voted 0

0 for me. I got one person to try the trial, and he considered buying it, but in the end he didn't. Anybody else I know wouldn't want to play M&B because of the lack of anime or guns.

Sadly, my only friend that appreciates games like this is the one who introduced the game to me, and the only other friend who might like this would have bought it because of my first friend already. So, yeah, nobody.  :sad:

RaVeN said:
None.

I tried to but everytime I do, they mention Oblivion.

Sad indeed, Oblivion is a decent game, but falls far behind that which M&B is.

Voted 5, all which has tried, has bought it.

4. Far more if you count the people who were shown Mount&Blade by people I showed Mount&Blade.

I got three to try and they all bought a copy.

Well, two bought a key, and I bought a key for one of them, so nyatch.

Also, I lost my key one time, making this the second time that I've bought it...so...four?

>.>

I got two people to buy the game. One of them is in it for the mods, so he's still not completely satisfied, but the other has become a fanboy. :razz:

Toffey said:
Anybody else I know wouldn't want to play M&B because of the lack of anime or guns.

This.

#%@&-ing idiots can't appreciate a good game too. Their idea of a fun game is the [Generic Racing Title That Vaguely Implies That You Can Meet the Equivalent Of The Hot Chick At The Car Show] series or more EA sports trash.

Night Ninja said:
#%@&-ing idiots can't appreciate a good game too. Their idea of a fun game is the [Generic Racing Title That Vaguely Implies That You Can Meet the Equivalent Of The Hot Chick At The Car Show] series or more EA sports trash.

I almost never do this, but this must be quoted for great truth.  My humble respect, sir.

One.  I got my brother-in-law to buy a key after checking out the trial for some time.  I've also got my wife to play it, and she doesn't play video games.  That's probably the bigger accomplishment of the two.  She's currently got one character running around with an all-girl army (her, 4 heroes, and a handful of sword-sister types) and another who's compiling a ponderous wardrobe to keep in castle chests. 

Ajax

Four as far as I know, but possibly more. I had three people that said so after seeing my videos and me giving a few extra hints via convo and one who said it on a forum. If three people did after seeing a video (with many views) I'm sure more have. I voted 4.

everytime i try to tell other people about this game they nearly always hear it as 'mountain blade' (due to my bad english accent). i forced my two friends to play the game (in which they created a white haired dude with a funny looking hairstyle and named him after me) and they well sucked ass at it. the only thing i got from them was complaints about the graphics and crap. i havent let them touch my computer since

Two of my friends bought the key. They were after the superb fighting. At least four more has tried it, but they picked up the Oblivion card trying to tell me that it's a better game than this. Whitch would if couple of small matters would have been different(e.g. fighting). They also drew up the graphics matter. Silly enough, two of them still keep playing operation flashpoint, whitch never had good graphics. Even less in todays standards.

Eric_C

Back
Top Bottom