How is everyone's morale these days?

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm enjoying it, after about a year not playing I can really see some major dev effort has been applied. It's not release ready yet but it's so much better than it was.
One thing not many people have mentioned is the performance optimisation. My PC would get very hot and sound like it was about to take off when I played, now it's a barely noticeable increase in fan speed and the temps are steady whilst maintaining a steady 60 fps.That is a very welcome improvement.

My morals are terrible as I refuse to give up my Harem of women in these days of coviid and Me2Toos. My Morale on the other hand -top notch mate.

Sure, I'll give them credit when they've started to listen to community suggestions and address the issues that lie in the heart of the game and not call it a day after implementing one new half-arsed cop-out feature that's best ignored. Only worthwhile changes were the optimisation and bug fixes, but in two whole years of development, a "professional game dev company" should have been able to deliver much more than that. If you think otherwise, use your ****ing brain and reconsider your expectations from a 50 pound Steam game.

Instead of repeating the same points, I'll quote this earlier comment of mine, because I'm that smart.
Pretend this is spoilered because you can't format **** on mobile: "What has changed? What has the OoB system changed in the game's essence that made it more enjoyable? The core issues of battles which negated all enjoyment or reward to be had from strategizing haven't been addressed in the slightest. The core issues mean tactics don't matter for the most part, and I made this point in another post so I won't repeat myself. And those are besides perhaps the most glaring issue with battles outside of battles, is that they happen too bleeding often [...].
Sieges are halfway playable now? Great. Can't wait to throw another army of peasants at another generic castle.
All this to say that, the "enhancements" made to the game being largely centered around battle gameplay, reinforces the notion that that's what TW thinks the game ought to revolve around. I can hardly celebrate even meaningful improvements to battles at this point, when from the start most of my complaints were that the game is too battle-heavy without any weight to those battles and little to do outside of them.
[...] the direction it seems to be going is where most of us were afraid it would go: Trivial improvements to the fast-paced action bits of the game, whilst not adding any depth to the game those battles should have been built around."

No.

Why thou damnable box of envy, thou, what meanest thou to curse thus?
Why art thou exasperate, thou idle immaterial skein of sleave-silk, thou green sarcenet flap for a sore eye, thou tassel of a prodigal's purse, thou? Ah, how the poor world is pestered with such waterflies, diminutives of nature!
In short - I can agree. But I have been despairing for two years and ended up giving up on the game for a whole f*****g year until 1.7.0, so I see that finally, it seems like there's something you can build upon and mod - it gives small hope.

Should we give them a medal?

No, it's the worst open beta I have seen in my life. But is the potential for the game dead? No, it still can be salvaged. It will depend on how active the modding community will be (and non-breaking changes from devs, hopefully).

Peace, ye fat guts!

My morals are terrible as I refuse to give up my Harem of women in these days of coviid and Me2Toos. My Morale on the other hand -top notch mate.
Ooops, thanks for the heads up :smile:
I'm enjoying it, after about a year not playing I can really see some major dev effort has been applied. It's not release ready yet but it's so much better than it was.
One thing not many people have mentioned is the performance optimisation. My PC would get very hot and sound like it was about to take off when I played, now it's a barely noticeable increase in fan speed and the temps are steady whilst maintaining a steady 60 fps.That is a very welcome improvement.
I noticed the performance as well after a long break. Really good job on that front.
A lot of effort from developers is going into this game and it means a lot to us to see you enjoy Bannerlord. The lack of communication since the start of January is my fault as I was on vacation, I am back now though so let's get it going again.
I am glad to hear from you and to know that you are taking care of yourself :smile:
I can see the effort and do enjoy every bit of it! Thank you for your hard work and i hope to see you around the forums more often. Your presence is a gift to us all!

They might continue developing the game after full release?
I bet they will, but there's no guarantee that they will do things that players want.
They successfully resisted many frequent player suggestions so far, so based on that evidence, they'll probably do more things that no one asked for because they don't like to be told what to do or they live in an isolated player-free bubble.

At best, you could speculate that once they finish fixing the core features (the battles) in the game, which seems to be their focus for the release, they might consider adding RPG and strategy features. However both of these would be much better and faster done by modders, so I'm not sure if it matters what would Taleworlds do after they release, as long as they don't break the game or ruin modding.
The only thing they really need to do is to keep extending mod support after release, let modders do their thing and let third parties do their DLCs.

Sure, I'll give them credit when they've started to listen to community suggestions and address the issues that lie in the heart of the game and not call it a day after implementing one new half-arsed cop-out feature that's best ignored. Only worthwhile changes were the optimisation and bug fixes, but in two whole years of development, a "professional game dev company" should have been able to deliver much more than that. If you think otherwise, use your ****ing brain and reconsider your expectations from a 50 pound Steam game.

Instead of repeating the same points, I'll quote this earlier comment of mine, because I'm that smart.
Pretend this is spoilered because you can't format **** on mobile: "What has changed? What has the OoB system changed in the game's essence that made it more enjoyable? The core issues of battles which negated all enjoyment or reward to be had from strategizing haven't been addressed in the slightest. The core issues mean tactics don't matter for the most part, and I made this point in another post so I won't repeat myself. And those are besides perhaps the most glaring issue with battles outside of battles, is that they happen too bleeding often [...].
Sieges are halfway playable now? Great. Can't wait to throw another army of peasants at another generic castle.
All this to say that, the "enhancements" made to the game being largely centered around battle gameplay, reinforces the notion that that's what TW thinks the game ought to revolve around. I can hardly celebrate even meaningful improvements to battles at this point, when from the start most of my complaints were that the game is too battle-heavy without any weight to those battles and little to do outside of them.
[...] the direction it seems to be going is where most of us were afraid it would go: Trivial improvements to the fast-paced action bits of the game, whilst not adding any depth to the game those battles should have been built around."
+1

I bet they will, but there's no guarantee that they will do things that players want.
They successfully resisted many frequent player suggestions so far, so based on that evidence, they'll probably do more things that no one asked for because they don't like to be told what to do or they live in an isolated player-free bubble.

At best, you could speculate that once they finish fixing the core features (the battles) in the game, which seems to be their focus for the release, they might consider adding RPG and strategy features. However both of these would be much better and faster done by modders, so I'm not sure if it matters what would Taleworlds do after they release, as long as they don't break the game or ruin modding.
The only thing they really need to do is to keep extending mod support after release, let modders do their thing and let third parties do their DLCs.
I could see this happening in the future.

You don't think this is already them "developing the game"? And what's it gotten us?
No where what we expected lol

I agree
well good luck to you sods, i'm not waiting a decade for something that might have potential. time is precious and of the essence.
I know what you mean, time is precious. I however, think that it was worth the wait so far and I am looking forward to what else they have in store :grin:

What's wrong with the community?

4x

What's wrong with the community?
Sorry, but there's a limit to post size; I can only post a short list.

Meanwhile however, while there's been some recent progress on the battles and some optimization to fix the heavy demand on the graphics system, the SP game remains pathetically shallow. Battles are practically constant, as well as practically meaningless in the overall scheme of things. The economy is nothing like what was originally promised, there's not a lot of point to what little diplomacy exists, and running a kingdom is an exercise in frustration for no rational reason.

I was reasonably content with combat in Warband, and felt that the game most needed more options for diplomacy, kingdom management, and economic development. Sadly, we got none of that.

Hi folks!
I miss you people and i just wanted to check on how you are faring these days? I hope this new update has given you a renewed faith in this -masterpiece (hopefully ?)- and that you are enjoying the game a little bit more.
Anyways, it is just a friendly checkup so i will keep it nice and short.

I wish you all a better year then it is predecessors and the strength to go through your difficult times.
Cheers!
Hello! Doing alright. I've moved on to Pathfinder and Valheim. And parenting (priorities, man!)
I might be back in half a year or more to see if the gameplay loop has gotten even marginally more interesting.
Have a great new year as well!

The game is pretty fun as is, and gets sometimes monthly updates, so I'm fine with waiting until release to see how the game turns out. I don't plan on dying over the course of the next couple of years, so I'm kinda excited to see what happens with anything like expansions following the main release.

Also
The sensible question would be "what's right with the singleplayer?"
Holy ****, we can all understand that you do not like this game.

Back
Top Bottom