How does the main map spawn the character initially

Users who are viewing this thread

I can't find any script or sp entity on the main map that spawns the character at the training field at the start of the campaign, I'm not sure if I'm missing it or the spawn location is governed by something else, like xml.

I can't find any script or sp entity on the main map that spawns the character at the training field at the start of the campaign, I'm not sure if I'm missing it or the spawn location is governed by something else, like xml.
I don't know. I word searched Main_map's scene.xscene file in Notepad++ without finding any instances of 'spawn' or 'player' etc and I've not seen any obvious spawn point in the scene editor. Therefor, I assume the training ground starting co-ordinates must just be used in part of the Story Mode's code.

Upvote 0
So I finally got around to doing some testing, turns out its extremely simple, your just have to change the training ground coordinates in the story_mode_settlements.xml located in the StoryMode module's ModuleData folder, a new training field settlement will spawn at the location you set, I'm not sure about changing it so that you don't talk to your brother at the beginning, but that's a different issue.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom