How does party size work?

Currently viewing this thread:

Zilter

Recruit
This i my party size breakdown:                                                  This is my friends breakdown:
Base: 10                                                                                          Base: 10
Leadership: 20                                                                                Leadership: 15
Charisma: 12                                                                                  Charisma: 10
Renown: 2                                                                                      Renown: 4

Total: 128                                                                                        Total: 78

Does anybody know how this works?

original

Knight
M&BWBWF&S
Zilter said:
This i my party size breakdown:                                                  This is my friends breakdown:
Base: 10                                                                                          Base: 10
Leadership: 20                                                                                Leadership: 15
Charisma: 12                                                                                  Charisma: 10
Renown: 2                                                                                      Renown: 4

Total: 128                                                                                        Total: 78

Does anybody know how this works?

The Campaign AI difficulty affects your party size. Are you 2 playing the same difficulty level?

Zilter

Recruit
Probably not.

Is that just the easy/medium/hard selection at the beginning, or does it adjust with the percentage in the options screen?

Ruben Thomas

Sergeant
M&BWBWF&S
Base: 10 = exactly what it says, it's the base size.
Leadership: 20 = you get an increase of 5 for each point of the leadership skill you have.
Charisma: 12 = you get an increase of 1 for each point of the charisma attribute you have.
Renown: 2 = in Mount and Blade: Warband you got an increase of 1 for each 25 renown you have, I don't know if it's the exact same amount of renown required in Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword.
Total: 128

Zilter

Recruit
Ruben Thomas said:
Leadership: 20 = you get an increase of 5 for each point of the leadership skill you have.
Charisma: 12 = you get an increase of 1 for each point of the charisma attribute you have.
Renown: 2 = in Mount and Blade: Warband you got an increase of 1 for each 25 renown you have, I don't know if it's the exact same amount of renown required in Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword.

Yes, that was pretty clear. But:

10+20+12+2 = 44.

I don't see the transition between 44 and 128.

Ruben Thomas

Sergeant
M&BWBWF&S
Zilter said:
Ruben Thomas said:

Yes, that was pretty clear. But:

10+20+12+2 = 44.

I don't see the transition between 44 and 128.

Oh that's what you were asking for, sorry I didn't realize that, I apologize.

In Mount and Blade: Warband your party size was actually what the numbers added together to. I have no idea why there's such a massive discrepancy in Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword. Sorry.

nox

Sergeant at Arms
WBM&BWF&SVC
It's broken.  The internal math report about party size should show the size the player sees in game.

faster3200

Recruit
Are you asking how the max party size works?
From what I can tell just based on my own stats the math works out like this:

I am playing on normal so it may work out differently for other difficulties.

Base: 10 (assumed)
Charisma: 16
Leadership: 5
Renown: 1458
Party Size: 258

258 -10 (base) - 16 (CHA) - 25 (Leadership multiplied by 5) = 207

1458X = 207
X = ~1/7 (0.142 vs. 0.143)

So, the base and charisma are just added, leadership is multiplied by 5, and renown divided by 7 but truncated (I think) to whole numbers.

Raga

Regular
Sorry to repost here but this is the only topic I have found about party size.
Is it a bug that every point of Charisma gives +2 to party size? I have checked my calculations for all of the campaign difficulties and changes during levelling.
On other M&B games it is +1, and even in the charisma skill description in F&S.
Wiki also mentiones that the charisma bonus gives only +1.

It also is correct with my calculation for faster3200 asuming he is a king.

Parameters depend on Campaign AI so:
Base party size (30/20/10) + Leadership (5*(10/7/5) + Charisma 16*2 (not 1 as the description says) + Renown (1485 : 15/20/25) = 20 + 35 + 32 + 72 = 159
Being a king +100 = 259

Rad10

Regular
I have also noticed that Charisma appears to give +2 instead of +1. What's up with that? Something that changed with fire and sword, but the game makers forgot to write about?
Playing on 149% btw.

Top Bottom