How does party size work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Zilter

Recruit
This i my party size breakdown:                                                  This is my friends breakdown:
Base: 10                                                                                          Base: 10
Leadership: 20                                                                                Leadership: 15
Charisma: 12                                                                                  Charisma: 10
Renown: 2                                                                                      Renown: 4

Total: 128                                                                                        Total: 78

Does anybody know how this works?

Zilter said:
This i my party size breakdown:                                                  This is my friends breakdown:
Base: 10                                                                                          Base: 10
Leadership: 20                                                                                Leadership: 15
Charisma: 12                                                                                  Charisma: 10
Renown: 2                                                                                      Renown: 4

Total: 128                                                                                        Total: 78

Does anybody know how this works?

The Campaign AI difficulty affects your party size. Are you 2 playing the same difficulty level?

Probably not.

Is that just the easy/medium/hard selection at the beginning, or does it adjust with the percentage in the options screen?

Base: 10 = exactly what it says, it's the base size.
Leadership: 20 = you get an increase of 5 for each point of the leadership skill you have.
Charisma: 12 = you get an increase of 1 for each point of the charisma attribute you have.
Renown: 2 = in Mount and Blade: Warband you got an increase of 1 for each 25 renown you have, I don't know if it's the exact same amount of renown required in Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword.
Total: 128

Ruben Thomas said:
Leadership: 20 = you get an increase of 5 for each point of the leadership skill you have.
Charisma: 12 = you get an increase of 1 for each point of the charisma attribute you have.
Renown: 2 = in Mount and Blade: Warband you got an increase of 1 for each 25 renown you have, I don't know if it's the exact same amount of renown required in Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword.

Yes, that was pretty clear. But:

10+20+12+2 = 44.

I don't see the transition between 44 and 128.

Zilter said:
Ruben Thomas said:

Yes, that was pretty clear. But:

10+20+12+2 = 44.

I don't see the transition between 44 and 128.

Oh that's what you were asking for, sorry I didn't realize that, I apologize.

In Mount and Blade: Warband your party size was actually what the numbers added together to. I have no idea why there's such a massive discrepancy in Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword. Sorry.

Are you asking how the max party size works?
From what I can tell just based on my own stats the math works out like this:

I am playing on normal so it may work out differently for other difficulties.

Base: 10 (assumed)
Charisma: 16
Leadership: 5
Renown: 1458
Party Size: 258

258 -10 (base) - 16 (CHA) - 25 (Leadership multiplied by 5) = 207

1458X = 207
X = ~1/7 (0.142 vs. 0.143)

So, the base and charisma are just added, leadership is multiplied by 5, and renown divided by 7 but truncated (I think) to whole numbers.

Sorry to repost here but this is the only topic I have found about party size.
Is it a bug that every point of Charisma gives +2 to party size? I have checked my calculations for all of the campaign difficulties and changes during levelling.
On other M&B games it is +1, and even in the charisma skill description in F&S.
Wiki also mentiones that the charisma bonus gives only +1.

It also is correct with my calculation for faster3200 asuming he is a king.

Parameters depend on Campaign AI so:
Base party size (30/20/10) + Leadership (5*(10/7/5) + Charisma 16*2 (not 1 as the description says) + Renown (1485 : 15/20/25) = 20 + 35 + 32 + 72 = 159
Being a king +100 = 259

I have also noticed that Charisma appears to give +2 instead of +1. What's up with that? Something that changed with fire and sword, but the game makers forgot to write about?
Playing on 149% btw.

Back
Top Bottom