How do you decrease the party size of AI lords in VC??? (I've tried SO hard)

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't know where to put this so I'll put it here...

Okay. I want VC to have smaller AI lord sizes to be a bit more accurate to the time, where a kingdom might have only a few hundred soldiers. I'm aiming to get it to about half the normal size, per lord, so a common army size migh be around 60 men. I know you can do this for Native.

WHAT I HAVE TRIED SO FAR:

TweakMB: The options for changing lord sizes are greyed out for VC and you can't interact with them :evil:. I was able to change the maximum size for bandit parties, :grin: but not lords  :evil: :evil: :evil:.

This topic:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,149878.0.html
This tutorial is for Native :evil: so I tried downloading the VC module system from the TaleWorlds website and it's downloading really slowly rn :evil:, but I'm unsure of what to do next once it downloads. If I figure it out I'll post a reply to help anyone else. But in the meantime, I'll call for help.

This tweak tool:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,348186.0.html
After an hour of fixing stuff and poor instructions, I got this to work and changed the maximum garrison size for town, and cities :grin: but there is no option for AI lord army size :evil: :evil: :evil:

It's so simple for Native, you just use tweakMB, so why is it this hard for VC?
Is there a way I could change the party size modifiers in the main folder (Not specific module folders) so that it would affect all modules?
The modifiers must still be in VC in some form, otherwise, they would all have the same army size cap.
This is what the modifiers are in Native:
("party_get_ideal_size",
    [
      (store_script_param_1, ":party_no"),
      (assign, ":limit", 30),
      (try_begin),
        (party_slot_eq, ":party_no", slot_party_type, spt_kingdom_hero_party),
        (party_stack_get_troop_id, ":party_leader", ":party_no", 0),
        (store_faction_of_party, ":faction_id", ":party_no"),
        (assign, ":limit", 10),

(store_skill_level, ":skill", "skl_leadership", ":party_leader"),
        (store_attribute_level, ":charisma", ":party_leader", ca_charisma),
        (val_mul, ":skill", 5),
        (val_add, ":limit", ":skill"),
        (val_add, ":limit", ":charisma"),

(troop_get_slot, ":troop_renown", ":party_leader", slot_troop_renown),
        (store_div, ":renown_bonus", ":troop_renown", 25),
        (val_add, ":limit", ":renown_bonus"),

(try_begin),
          (faction_slot_eq, ":faction_id", slot_faction_leader, ":party_leader"),
          (val_add, ":limit", 100),
        (try_end),

(try_begin),
          (faction_slot_eq, ":faction_id", slot_faction_marshall, ":party_leader"),
          (val_add, ":limit", 20),
        (try_end),       

(try_for_range, ":cur_center", castles_begin, castles_end),
          (party_slot_eq, ":cur_center", slot_town_lord, ":party_leader"),
          (val_add, ":limit", 20),
        (try_end),       
      (try_end),

(store_character_level, ":level", "trp_player"), #increase limits a little bit as the game progresses.
      (store_add, ":level_factor", 80, ":level"),
      (val_mul, ":limit", ":level_factor"),
      (val_div, ":limit", 80),
      (assign, reg0, ":limit"),
  ]),

Each paragraph affects the AI lord party size limit in a different way. For example, changing one number might mean that you get 1 extra troop capacity every 50 renown, rather than 25 renown.

I've spent about 4 hours trying to solve this issue, send help.

I found the equivalent python files for VC, and changed the right values, but don't know how to insert those changes into the game, maybe it's gonna have to turn into me learning how to mod from scratch/without premade tweak tools.

Could you help us with some information about how you did it? Especially regarding the garrisons and what balanace you aimed for?

I also prefer smaller armies and battles in Warband and cut down sizes in Brytenwalda armies by a lot.

DISCLAIMER
So I've kind of forgotten now. One thing to note is that the game starts off with normal garrison sizes so you have to wait until they decrease naturally. This can be buggy because they lose troops at different rates, they can also reduce a bit but then stay higher than they're meant to, say a 100 limit and they stay at 140.
Most of these problems do sort themselves out but this is not reliable if you're making your own mod to release, as I had to ctrl + space for a couple weeks till the towns and castles were the right size. Party sizes work great for lords, it's instant and doesn't have problems, same for bandits more or less.
/DISCLAIMER

1. There were two Python files which I modified, the first was a tweak compilation (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,348186.0.html) This had the garrison control for castles and towns. The two lines you change are:
TWEAK_GARRISON_LIMIT_FOR_FORTS = 650    # Default: 650
TWEAK_GARRISON_LIMIT_FOR_TOWNS = 850    # Default: 850
They're near the bottom.

2. I followed the instructions here https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,149878.0.html to change the lord party sizes (TweakMB doesn't let you do it for VC)
After you have both python files modified, you run the batch file in the folder you download that translates the python into code that the game engine can read.
All the instructions and resources you need for how to modify the python module files are in the readme in that zipped folder.

3. I remember using TweakMB (search it up) for the bandit parties, reduced them all by a percentage, then changed a few ones that were still too high. You have to load the latest Brytenwalda Module as it's the closest to VC (There are tutorials on how to use this). Bandits are important to manage because otherwise, they will kill all the low-in-numbers lord parties.

I believe that the python process must be done first because of the way things are overwritten, my memory is bad and you might have to do the TweakMB first instead.  If I'm right, you have to edit the files, then convert them into game code, then run TweakMB and save over the top. I don't remember very well, so there is a slight chance that you do TweakMB first.
Don't get too greedy with how low you make the garrisons. Start off with maybe 100 for castles and 170 for towns, too low can cause crashes sometimes.
Expect crashes, save regularly.
This is as much as I can help without relearning everything. I gave you all the resources I used to figure this out, I'm only 15 so it's not that hard, it just takes a few hours of research, trial and error, and playtesting.
I didn't get this right first try, even after it worked I kept changing values to get a good mix.
This isn't hard if you have a good understanding of research and computers, just take time.

Also, work on one element at a time, rather than doing everything at once and trying to figure out where you went wrong when it inevitably goes wrong. Try doing the garrison sizes until it works, then party sizes on top, then bandits on top.

Back
Top Bottom