How do workshop works?

Users who are viewing this thread

iElek

Recruit
So i've owned a workshop for i'd say 20 days (probably more), and I'm still not getting money from it.

I have no idea how exactly it works, I only get +200 everyday from the King, but I feel like the workshop itself is not even working.
I had a wood workshop at first and because it wasn't giving me any money I switched it to a smithy but same result

So i've owned a workshop for i'd say 20 days (probably more), and I'm still not getting money from it.

I have no idea how exactly it works, I only get +200 everyday from the King, but I feel like the workshop itself is not even working.
I had a wood workshop at first and because it wasn't giving me any money I switched it to a smithy but same result

The workshop speeds up the building speed of the other projects in the fief, or thats what it says as well as providing more hammers whatever that means

I have 3 workshops though the money I make from a town raid eclipses it completely so I think I'll stick to that lol. Easy to get rich off the spoils of war lol

When you own a fief you can manage said fief and there are 'buildings' you can built to improve it. One is called Workshop or something.
ahhh thanks but im talking to the workshop you bought in streets how many can you own because it only give 200 a day it wont support my army if I only run one workshop

The OP is talking about the ones you can buy in Town streets (Olive Press, Brewery etc).

I think the best way to do this is to first identify a city with several of the same trade good inputs. And then choose a workshop type based off of that. For example Sanala has 2 (maybe 3) grain input villages, so I bought the brewery there. Grain is always cheap and it always made 240-260 per day.

As far as I understood the money you earn with your workshop depends on the goods available in the city. If you run for example a pottery and there is no clay available it will not generate money. If the clay ia available and very cheap it will generate more money. If the clay is expensive it will generate money but not so much.

But I don't understand it 100% either. I was running a oil press in galend, which has a lot of olive farms around and quite high prices for the oil and it was not really successful.
An overview in the menu would be helpful here, which shows you why a shop generates how much profit.

Last edited:
As far as I understood the money you earn with your workshop depends on the goods available in the city. If you run for example a pottery and there is no clay available it will not generate money. If the clay ia available and very cheap it will generate more money. If the clay is expensive it will generate money but not so much.
thanks
but how many workshop you can own?

The OP asked about WORKSHOPS ( I assume fief workshops are the intended subject), which needs to be distinguished from city SHOPS.

The options, economics and choices are different for the two. However, I am not knowledgeable enough to offer advice as to what is what about either fief WORKSHOPS or city SHOPS.

On April 9, 2020 read a message that four (4) shops is the limit (character had 10 trade skill if that has any bearing on the matter).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom