How do I deploy troops in the forest?

Users who are viewing this thread

arLdxGX.jpg

Drag and drop is useless on forest maps. It is blocked by trees.
Even the view is limited by trees, I can't deploy troops as I intended.
It's really annoying to fight on forest.

I don't know what the developers were thinking.
I need more sight to command my army. :sad:
At least, it should be able to deploy troops properly other than by dragging the mouse.

I looked it up and found that there was a keyboard short cut adjusting formation during the demonstration.

It's Really Poor Game Design.

Last edited:
...are you saying there shouldn't be forests?

When did I say that?

Change the density of the trees, the height of the trees. There are many ways.
I think they need to fix the function of calculating the forest density ratio first.
Just a few trees around it are calculated to be dense.
I'm thinking of creating a mod right now.

But first, Player need to have the ability to adjust the wide of the formation.
It was in the demonstration version, but I don't know why they took it out.
Isn't this a function that was in the Warband?

Agreed. It looks like garbage, like a warp speed effect with all the trees going by. I absolutely hate it. Another episode of "nobody played it before sticking it in game".
On some maps if you retreat you can spawn in a better version, but if it's too close to a village you're stuck in it.
I have a picture collection I want to post in a real suggestion thread about this someday, but TBH there's so many things they need to fix or implement that I just can't ethically complain about this ATM.

But first, Player need to have the ability to adjust the wide of the formation.
It was in the demonstration version, but I don't know why they took it out.
Isn't this a function that was in the Warband?

It is in game. Just press F3->F1 then drag a line. Make it short or long. It is quite similar to how you would do it in Total War games.
You can also drag while making circle formation to adjust the radius of the circle etc.

It is in game. Just press F3->F1 then drag a line. Make it short or long. It is quite similar to how you would do it in Total War games.
You can also drag while making circle formation to adjust the radius of the circle etc.
AS I SAID, DRAG AND DROP IS USELESS in the forest. You can't drag enough because of the trees.
In the past version, the keyboard shortcut was able to adjust the width of the formation.

Drag-and-drop is useless on a forest maps. It's stuck in a tree.
Even the view is limited to the trees, so I can't even see.

I need to see something to command. :sad:
At least I should be able to deploy troops properly.

It's Really Poor Game Design.

If you want to share your opinion and feedback, could maybe try and create more clear sentences? As in, be more elaborate? I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say.

If you want to share your opinion and feedback, could maybe try and create more clear sentences? As in, be more elaborate? I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say.
It is because English is not the main language.
I was so annoyed by the game after forest battle that I wrote it and it became like that.

I'm sorry.

I changed the formula for calculating forest density.
So the forest map spawns less.
I'll post it on Nexus soon.

Back
Top Bottom