How did "you" find out about M&B?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lamjoe said:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,27704.0.html

I know there are more i just coudlnt find them.

Personally I had a friend tell me about the game and I bought it the same week.  $14 was a steal.

Wow exact same way I found out. I payed $14 also. That must have been back in the version .75x at least...

allthesedamnnamesaretaken said:
...The whole firrst night I spent playing in the old zendar arena. I bought the game before I even left Zendar!
Dido! Well, sort of - at least that was all I needed to convince me to buy it. But yes, I remember my first night in Zendar...
*Nightblade+--'s eyes go all misty with nostalgia... sniff...*

I found out about the game in South Africa's biggest gaming magazine New Age Gaming (NAG). Back then I think it was Ver. 0.632 or something like that.
Ever since it's been a fun ride.

Arrr... T'was a long time ago, somewhere along 0.6xx, or maybe 0.701 that I found it. By then I was still getting those PCGamer magazines... They come with DVDs, or maybe t'was CDs back then... Anyways, when looking at the Shareware section, I discovered something called 'Mount&Blade'... T'was the only 3D game there, and it looked quite decent. So, I installed it, and got hooked. That 'Dranton', I think, his statement about 'Sorry-looking horses' contributed to this... When I think of 'Arena', or 'Lance', I think of that statement...

I read about it on RPG Codex in a thread discussing Oblivion's horses and lack of horseback combat. The first version I played was 0.751 (if I recall correctly).

I browse a physic games website almost everyday, and someone necroed the topic about mount and blade. The people who replied  both flamed him to a crisp and praised the game at the same time, so i decided to check it out. I then discovered the best $20 i ever spent.

I just happened to click a sig of a forum member in twcenter.net, back in 0.803

I leveled 2 characters up to lvl 6 and then bought the game.

I first saw a review for it at the-underdogs.org (now .info) while I was searching for some free games.

The same place I saw it. I was actually looking for Wasteland.

I used to be way too much into Oblivion and one of the things people liked to complain about within that game was the lack of mounted combat, some guy posted a link to this place and warned us we wouldn't ever be able to have fun while fighting in Oblivion ever again and he was right!

youtube video... was looking for rtw stuff... ended up in mtw2 stuff... then went to attila16 channel to see more mtw2 vids.. and this showed up.. couldnt believe my eyes that a game so perfect existed without my knowledge... so i googled mount&blade and went to taleworlds site.. downloaded... and now playing ^^

Can't remember precisely now, but I was browsing for another game when I stumbled across a random forum, which had a list of many, many games from various genres. I was somewhat interested to see if there was any I hadn't played that may pass the time, Mount&Blade happened to catch my eye and well, the rest is history. :wink:

searching for a mod for another game, at the bottom of the page saw a small text with mount and blade, preview. it was 1 paragraph long and had no links, so typed in mount and blade and found the taleworlds home page. the rest is history.

Heard about it on the Oblivion forums way back when Oblivion came out.  People wanted horse combat in that game, so the smart asses over there said "GO PLAY THIS GAME THEN!"  And well, the rest is history.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25873465

^^^About a year ago. Downloaded demo, and played a while. Must been .8 or .7 something(Dark knights or whatever were still in)I couldn't buy it then though so I kinda forgot about it. Then 4 or so months later, I was looking around at all the files and crap on my computer, and M&B was either still installed or the installer was still where ever  I downloaded it to. I was interested again, so I went back to the site. By then, .900 was out and I redownloaded it and bought it for Christmas at $21 or $22. Thats when I got into these forums here.

Nightblade+-- said:
...The whole firrst night I spent playing in the old zendar arena. I bought the game before I even left Zendar!
Dido! Well, sort of - at least that was all I needed to convince me to buy it. But yes, I remember my first night in Zendar...
*Nightblade+--'s eyes go all misty with nostalgia... sniff...*

I found out about the game in South Africa's biggest gaming magazine New Age Gaming (NAG). Back then I think it was Ver. 0.632 or something like that.
Ever since it's been a fun ride.
Ek ook!

Back
Top Bottom