Hosting a Dedicated Server Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi this is a great guide and I've used the other Napoleonic wars guide but I'm having a problem.
I already have a NW server and it works fine. but now i'm trying to setup a native server and ive followed the guide but it wont show
up on the server list. I have set up the single port with 7240 and UDP protocol. It said on the config file if I have another dedicated server I should change
port but I don't know how to do that. Could you pls help me. Thanks :grin: PS I am running the server off my PC.

Quoting relevant parts from the first post.

Vincenzo said:
3. Configuring the server
Decide Gametype
To configure the server we will start with a specific game mode example file. Decide upon which gamemode you like.
You can choose from: Battle, Capture the Flag, Conquest, Deathmath, Fight and Destroy, Seige, Team Deathmatch.

Making the config.
Open up your decided config file they are named: "Sample_<Gamemode>.txt"

You will also find a setting for port here:
set_port 7240

Ive set the config up fine its just that I don't know how to fix up my port forwarding and make a separate port number.

PS the reason why I need to have a new number is because I already have a dedicated NW server

Uh, you did set up the port forwarding for your first server, not? What's the problem? Just create a new rule that forwards traffic to the 2nd server's port number (which you define in the config file).

trafficjam said:
Ive set the config up fine its just that I don't know how to fix up my port forwarding and make a separate port number.

PS the reason why I need to have a new number is because I already have a dedicated NW server
Correct.  So for the Native server change the port number in the config file, 7241 as an example, and then forward that port on your router.

so when i setup the ports i do the name then for the start and finish port if i want to make my server different port do i make them the same like "7242 and 7242 protocal UDP" because when i change it in txt and do that what i have just said, it still doesnt appear on the server list.
sorry if i am being a pain in the but. thanks :grin:

Back
Top Bottom