Holy dangly big one, another forum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes, i was wondering about that too, maybe its because its so "excellent", and mods get too excited about it :cool:

Easier to find? The forum is going to be filled up with tons of threads asking the same questions so you might as well keep them in one place?

Armagan suggested there be another forum for the editor. I think he might have been thinking that it would be easier to break up the single thread into questions so they'd be easier to find by new people.

It might make sense to include Thorgrim's Map Editor here as well...

Yes, I'd include the map editor, as well as Lurb's BRF read/writer. Basically, make it a utilities forum, while keeping the other one strictly for mods.

It does sound good to me to have a separate tools / utilities forum for the actual modders. Making it easier to find mods if you just want mods / tools if you want tools :smile:

I'll wait for now though, since atm it seems its just for Effidian.

I think it's a good idea. I'm looking to do some mod work, but being a noob here, it's hard sifting through tonnes of messages to find out about the tools.

I think mods will be really strict and any thread asking noob questions will be closed (and removed) immediatly.
Too, I think this forum is for posting the editors only, not suggestions and stuff..

thadivine said:
I think mods will be really strict and any thread asking noob questions will be closed (and removed) immediatly.
Too, I think this forum is for posting the editors only, not suggestions and stuff..

Suggestions for the editors are acceptable.

Armagan agreed that a general unnofficial tool form is a good idea (as you may have noticed). Thorgrim, once you get a thread over here with the Map Editor, I'll sticky it.

And when Lurg releases the BRF editor that will get stickied as well...

I see this forum being used for the following:

1. Unoffical editors. (Obviously) The .txt, .brf, and map editors are the three main ones at the moment.

2. Problem reports with any of the unofficial editors.

3. Suggestions for editor features.

And since we have the whole forum, we don't have to keep all the questions about a single editor in a single thread. Which might make it easier for new users to find information about the editors.

Soon, this forum will be overrun with questions, answers, new mods, tools blah blah blah... and if we don't try to seperate them now. It will be a mess.

Back
Top Bottom