Hitting a shield with a polearm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Alright i'm going to point out something that i could be wrong, but its my general feeling about it. I like to fancy myself as a more than decent player when it comes to 2h melee fighting, which was pretty much all i did for hundreds of hours on Warband. On Bannerlord, there seem to be something really off about 1v1 situations when you are using a 2h weapon, especially polearm such as the voulge or menavlion.

Every time i hit someone's shield with polearm weapons, theres a cooldown before being abble to block with your polearm which gives enough time to the shieldbearer to counter-attack you. Every time i hit a shield with a voulge, for example, i feel like im 100% open and vulnerable to receiving a hit in the next second, i spam and i spam and i spam the mouse right click in order to block, but theres a delay...

This should not exist at all. 2h classes are at such in a disadvantage in PVP, especially organized PVP that all you see are Legionary and Sergents.

And to compound on this it seems that polearms in particular can be spammed against someone blocking with a shield and unless their footwork is way off then you will always have the initiative. This just results in a crappy duel where the polearm user runs around you in circles spamming left swing while you try to get out of it to hit him back faster than he can block.

theres a cooldown before being abble to block with your polearm which gives enough time to the shieldbearer to counter-attack you.
I've never observed this. Maybe you need to focus more on your footwork. Do you have video of this?

2h classes are at such in a disadvantage in PVP, especially organized PVP that all you see are Legionary and Sergents
Heavy shield infantry is normally brought in competitive PvP because they are good at holding a main battle line. This provides time for support classes like Cavalry and Archers to position and help them out. Also when I do clan battles I normally bring 1 2h infantry in my squad because they actually are really good at getting around shields and breaking them down. A 2 hander can break a shield in 3 or 4 swings. If you're struggling with 2 handers you probably need to work on blocking a bit, or the next time you are in skirmish stick with a shield infantry and hit the guys they are fighting in the back, this may help you get a lot more kills as a 2h infantry.

If they're so good Octavius, why is absolutly nobody playing them ?
Most of the issue is because of unstable servers. If siege servers crash every other round why would the majority of players play? That is why there has been such a downturn in the past month. Also there is no private/custom servers either.

Back
Top Bottom