Hitpoints of the fallen?

Users who are viewing this thread

You memory would have been erased after being killed though. :roll: So, I don't know if I can trust what you say there.

How are you expected to ever beat an "Army Of Dead"?

I went against one with 80 troops, they had 40.

I managed to kill 14 of em, all my men were slaughtered. I had good troops aswell, a few Scourge, Swadian Cavalry, some good Rhodok crossbowmen.

If your on horse try ordering you troops to stay put and go harras them a bit so they run out of javelins and axes (make sure you don't get killed in the process). After that it should be easier (no more riding along and wtf?!  "your dead" - javelin through the eye).

Good idea!

Shame i didn't have a horse but that would work well. I think an army entirely made of powerful cavalry would be the answer, you do not want to go toe to toe with those guys!

You can also try archer calvary combination. Put archers somewhere with a clear field of fire and let them fire at those buggers while you and your calvary run trough them turn around let the archers fire a few more times and repeat. You have to watch out that you don't get dehorsed in the middle of them.

Or get 80 Captures Barbarians, and about 30 VeteranRangers of Reyvadin. I'm sure that would work. Then you'd lose all of your men because of expenses. But at least you got that charm, eh?

I beat them by kiting/breaking them into smaller groups with cavalry, I didn't even participate in the fight until the end. I had about 50 archers(vaegir troops), 50 heavy infantry(swadian shock troops mostly) and about 20-30 cavalry.

Hide behind a rock. Open up the battle map, tell you archers to move to one flank, your infantry to the other, but slightly closer so if the fallen ones get close, they will target the infantry and not the archers. Tell your calvary to go to the opposite side of the map, luring the majority of the fallen away. The other fallen will continue to go after you infantry/archers. They will take heavy ranged fire while approaching your units, if the get too close while their is still too many alive, tell your infantry to move back, then when they have few left, charge, kill them. all the while kiting the main force with your calvary. Move your calvary back to your infantry. wait until the fallen ones are half way, then break them up again by luring them away with the cavalry... repeat , your archers will go out of ammo fast though. Resort to overwhelming numbers in the end. The perished one is a real bugger to kill.

My battle size is 120 I think. The higher you can get it(and your army). The easier it should be to destroy them.

But yea, that's how I did it. Unfortunately I did not get a death ward that time(and died not long after...). I had no companions either and we killed them in one battle. Not guaranteed to drop? Perhaps I missed it in the loot. I don't know.

***SUPER EDIT*** - Backspace will bring up the battle map, clicking on the minimap will tell whichever group you have selected to move there(2 for infantry, 3 for archers, 4 for cavalry). You can probably do other things that I am not aware of.

It's true what you say about battlesize, because you can't defeat them alone, or with too few people. Even if you ahve used cheats and made them all the best within their faction.

Jaeke said:
I beat them by kiting/breaking them into smaller groups with cavalry, I didn't even participate in the fight until the end. I had about 50 archers(vaegir troops), 50 heavy infantry(swadian shock troops mostly) and about 20-30 cavalry.

Hide behind a rock. Open up the battle map, tell you archers to move to one flank, your infantry to the other, but slightly closer so if the fallen ones get close, they will target the infantry and not the archers. Tell your calvary to go to the opposite side of the map, luring the majority of the fallen away. The other fallen will continue to go after you infantry/archers. They will take heavy ranged fire while approaching your units, if the get too close while their is still too many alive, tell your infantry to move back, then when they have few left, charge, kill them. all the while kiting the main force with your calvary. Move your calvary back to your infantry. wait until the fallen ones are half way, then break them up again by luring them away with the cavalry... repeat , your archers will go out of ammo fast though. Resort to overwhelming numbers in the end. The perished one is a real bugger to kill.

My battle size is 120 I think. The higher you can get it(and your army). The easier it should be to destroy them.

But yea, that's how I did it. Unfortunately I did not get a death ward that time(and died not long after...). I had no companions either and we killed them in one battle. Not guaranteed to drop? Perhaps I missed it in the loot. I don't know.

Wait... there's a battle map?

Well instead of facepalming, you could tell me where to access it?

EDIT: I'm having huge problems fighting the Fallen. I found a group of about 40 that had a Perished One in it. After several attempts it was apparent I had no chance of fighting them on my own, so I led them on a chance around the country buying mercenaries from taverns as I went. Finally I found a Lord who belonged to my faction, and we engaged. 210 versus their 40, with 120 four side being elite troops. The result: 0 versus 20. They won, and lost only half their army...

RndmNumGenerator, to open up the battle map, you must press the backspace key while in battle. To disable the battle map, press the backspace key once more. You can not manually attack or block while in the battle map mode, but you can still maneuver around and lance while on a horse. Never tried it though, but I know you can if you really had too. :smile:

RndmNumGenerator said:
Well instead of facepalming, you could tell me where to access it?

EDIT: I'm having huge problems fighting the Fallen. I found a group of about 40 that had a Perished One in it. After several attempts it was apparent I had no chance of fighting them on my own, so I led them on a chance around the country buying mercenaries from taverns as I went. Finally I found a Lord who belonged to my faction, and we engaged. 210 versus their 40, with 120 four side being elite troops. The result: 0 versus 20. They won, and lost only half their army...

Use rangers and back them up as they get closer. Not horse rangers.

The best solution against large parties of fallen ones (Armies of the Dead, that is) is a ****load of good archers (maybe more than a hundred Rangers of Reyvadin or better. NO crossbow men, since their rate of fire is way to low!) and a dozen of elite infantry units, maybe something like Captured barbarians or (Veteran) Goliaths. Then what you do is make all the archers hold position in a place with a clear firing line and tell your infantry to hold position about 20 meters in front of your archers. While your infantry is engaged in melee, archers will pick all the enemies one by one. You're likely to lose some of your infantry, but if you sacrifice something like 10 Swadian Shock Troops, it shouldn't feel much of a loss considering all the nice loot you'll get.

I did it! I beat the Army of the Dead! That battle map helps a TON! I wish I knew about that earlier...

Anyaway, I took my army of 35 Vaegir Archers, 5 Rangers of Reyvadin, and 2 Veteran Rangers + 3 Fallen Ones and ran over to a city. There, I hired 5 Mercenary Heavy Cavalry. After that, I engaged then.
Battle One: I set my 42 archers about 20 feet behind my 3 infantry, and move the cavalry way over to the side. As the Fallen Ones neared, I sent the cavalry to run circles around them(literally, no attacking just running circles) and drew a good 70% of them off, following my cavalry. The archers made short work of the remaining 10 or so Fallen Ones. I repeated this once more, reducing the size of the Army of the Dead down to 24, then the Perished One started engaging my archers in melee so I retreated.

Battle Two: Same technique, though missing my 3 Fallen Ones and 4 Archers that were killed int he previous battle. Several got upgrades though, so I had more Rangers. Reduced the Army of the Dead down to 13 before the Perished One engaged my archers in melee. Retreated again, then re-engaged.

Battle Three: Same thing again, though didn't really need the cavalry this time(the Fallen Ones all stayed in a group) though they did help break the Fallen Ones up so they were more spread out and less deadly to my archers. Killed every single Fallen One, though the Perished One remained. My archer's couldn't damage him: I needed to deal with him myself.

Battle Four: Lined up all my archers. Waited for the Perished One to close in. Sent my archers running for the hills. Close in to about 10 feet of the Perished One, then started going for headshots, since normal attacks were doing 0 damage. Once the Perished One stopped chasing my archers and went for me, so I had my cavalry charge him while I ran away. Lost three cavalry, but I got a good distance, then continued headshotting. The Perished One fell. Got around 400 experience for the kill, and got a Death Ward and an Epic Trophy among the loot, which consisted purely of chipped, rusty and cracked weapons aside from those. I was brought back to life, and have another Charm of Regeneration. I just hope I don't die again.

Back
Top Bottom