Historic Thread for Floris Workshop Development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a strange mouse issue a few years ago only when playing Warband and associated mods. It turned out to be caused by the size of text chosen for the desktop. The choices are smaller, medium and larger, and it was the larger choice that caused the problem.
I know this sounds odd, but at the time I last posted this it fixed a problem for others as well, (not too many people have it set to large as I did).
The setting can be found on windows 7 by right clicking on the desktop, select personalize, then display.
If that does not work, then as has already been suggested, drivers sound suspect, perhaps try with the native drivers.
Hope this helps,  :cool:

Just to give an example of creative "What?!" type errors..when I was going to try a game called kenshi (one of those alpha indie things) I could not get the damn thing to run. Now this is a pc game, it ran fine on my friends computer, same OS setup etc.

Well, in the end it turned out that the game was incompatible with a completely unrelated ipad app that I had downloaded some months ago, but no longer bothered using that connected to my computer for some tasks. It was inactive, but the trace of it caused the game to crash on boot.

I swear, the weirdass errors I've had to hunt down to make games run over the years.

That sounds like it might work Yozzer. I'm on osx though. I think that's why I'm having problems with wse in the first place. How would I go about changing the native drivers though?

Assembla seems to be down right now.

Does anyone know how to disable the party emoticons?

I've gone to the camp menu and to game settings but I just can't seem to find a way to disable the emoticons.

greekgodsalexander said:
That sounds like it might work Yozzer. I'm on osx though. I think that's why I'm having problems with wse in the first place. How would I go about changing the native drivers though?

I am sorry, but I am not familiar with OSX  :sad: , Sapperhedge is probably right

Barnolo said:
Does anyone know how to disable the party emoticons?
v0.12 will be breaking save games so I can't release it to fix the problem.  It should also remove emoticons entirely this that this doesn't keep happening.

I will, however, release a text patch for v0.11 momentarily that should disable it in game for you if it is enabled.

Okay new patch us up at the nexus site.  It should say "Save Game Update - Emoticons have been disabled." within a minute or two of traveling the world map if you had them enabled.

I'll definitely like to hear if this resolves the CTD issue once disabled.

I've never been a fan of patches so I made the necessary fixes (I believe) to v0.11's source and tossed in a couple of v0.12 changes.

Version 0.12 Released! (hopefully not causing more trouble!)
  • Save Game Compatibility: Maintained! (from v0.07+)
  • Compatible Warband Version: 1.154
  • WSE Minimum Required Version: 3.1.5 (included)
Bug Fixes:
  • Your quartermaster shouldn’t ninja sell books you give him now.
  • Party emoticons should actually be disabled now and stay that way.
Conveniences:
  • You can now turn in partial prisoner amounts in quest “Capture Prisoners”.

It's still uploading to the Nexus at the moment.

I find a problem about ransom brokers.
They disappear in V0.12,I can not find them any more. I use V0.09 save file.
Does anyone have the same problem as mine? :shock:

Mtwh said:
I find a problem about ransom brokers.
They disappear in V0.12,I can not find them any more. I use V0.09 save file.
Does anyone have the same problem as mine? :shock:

I have found them though they do seem to be hard to find. I now look in the inn rooms as they do not seem to drink in the bar much  :cool:
I retarted the game so it is early on, perhaps they become more numerous as time passes?

You may be having trouble finding slavers because you are looking in towns owned by a faction that doesn't permit slavery.  In factions where slavery is accepted they are much more common.

How come you didn't added  more options for lord? I presume that medieval lords had some sort of personal treasury and army. Suggestion, when I became vassal give me option to store my wealth  no matter what I own village, castle or town.
Then, I would like to spend that wealth to build an army, but current recruitment system in  native  is very boring and time consuming. So improve recruitment system, maybe something like lance from ad1257 and blue blood or make something unique, just to speed-up things. One more suggestion, this is something that I never understood. If I am able as lord to garrison my troops in a castle then why I cant do the same with my village for example to defend against enemy's when I am not there. If you could make that option this would be  unique in your mod which is great by the way. These are just some small things that i believe you can improve.

Windyplains said:
You may be having trouble finding slavers because you are looking in towns owned by a faction that doesn't permit slavery.  In factions where slavery is accepted they are much more common.

Finally,i find a ransom broker after 3 hours playing, thanks for your reply~

【 Suggestions-20130216 】
● I hope that I can be independent (betray) at any time.maybe add a choice option in Castle or town.
● I wish I can move my army unit up or down in my garrison.
● I wish I can order weapons from a special NPC "Arms Dealers".For example I want a Long Army Sword,
  and I can order it from the NPC with more expensive cost.
● Maybe add some heros of bandits.and town quests to hunt these stronger bandits.

Thanks for making this great mod.

Mtwh said:
● I hope that I can be independent (betray) at any time.maybe add a choice option in Castle or town.
You mean break from your oaths to a king and keep your fiefs?  You already can in the same manner that you can in Floris.  Just speak to the king and say you want to be released from your oaths.  He'll explain how you have to give back your fiefs and just refuse to do so.  The option to refuse only appears if you own a castle or town.

● I wish I can move my army unit up or down in my garrison.
Accepted.  Submit a ticket on the Assembla site.  Link's in the first post.  And it will go on my worklist.  This was on my list of planned features to include within a new interface with tabbed pages for handling fief improvements, garrison re-ordering, general information about the town, advisor assignments & reports (like the party role screen) and status of quests for that town.  That plan is a few versions down the list yet though.

● I wish I can order weapons from a special NPC "Arms Dealers".For example I want a Long Army Sword,
  and I can order it from the NPC with more expensive cost.
Accepted.  Submit a ticket on the Assembla site.

● Maybe add some heros of bandits.and town quests to hunt these stronger bandits.
Accepted.  Submit a ticket on the Assembla site.  I keep suggesting tickets, because posts here get lost in the history.  Tickets there get viewed every day that I work on the mod and often I look to see what I can pick up and implement for the next version.

Thanks for making this great mod.
Thanks.  And thank you for taking the time to suggest ideas for improving it.

Windyplains said:
Mtwh said:
You mean break from your oaths to a king and keep your fiefs?  You already can in the same manner that you can in Floris.  Just speak to the king and say you want to be released from your oaths.  He'll explain how you have to give back your fiefs and just refuse to do so.  The option to refuse only appears if you own a castle or town.

Really? I never try to do that, thanks, now I know what I need to do to be a king. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom