High level prisoners (named Nobles) are randomly escaping my party

Users who are viewing this thread

Daily escape chance from walled settlement : will decrease to 7.5% from 10% (with 1.3.0)
Daily escape chance from mobile party : will decrease to 22.5%-45% from 30%-60% (with 1.3.0) (30% from a party with more than 81 healthy men, 60% from 0 healthy man party)
If player is capturer probabilities are multiplied with 0.33 if mobile (was there since EA), 0.5 if prisoner is at player's walled settlement (new at 1.3.0)

YzxtZ.png

So with 1.3.0 if you place your prisoner to one of your walled settlements escaping chance of prisoner will be 3.75% daily means nearly 25-30 days of average prisoned time.

We know this escaping thing is disturbing. When new heroes are added to game these probabilities will be decresed very much. Currently there is no replacements so it is risky to reduce daily escape chance to 2.5%s this can cause kingdoms to lose lots of settlements after losing one big army battle.

thats nice the problem is after a battle you are always near the 60% and lords escape before you even get to your walls
and if you fight during the night lords will escape in seconds hence a new day will start soon

edit: we need 1 day immunity to escapes

Daily escape chance from walled settlement : will decrease to 7.5% from 10% (with 1.3.0)
Daily escape chance from mobile party : will decrease to 22.5%-45% from 30%-60% (with 1.3.0) (30% from a party with more than 81 healthy men, 60% from 0 healthy man party)
If player is capturer probabilities are multiplied with 0.33 if mobile (was there since EA), 0.5 if prisoner is at player's walled settlement (new at 1.3.0)

YzxtZ.png

So with 1.3.0 if you place your prisoner to one of your walled settlements escaping chance of prisoner will be 3.75% daily means nearly 25-30 days of average prisoned time.

We know this escaping thing is disturbing. When new heroes are added to game these probabilities will be decresed very much. Currently there is no replacements so it is risky to reduce daily escape chance to 2.5%s this can cause kingdoms to lose lots of settlements after losing one big army battle.
i stand corrected, thank you for clarifying :smile:

Escaping nobles was always part of M&B, both for the player and enemies. We are not playing Pokémon.
That doesn't mean the current situation is ideal nor does it mean it will be fixed after the next patch. However, trying to win the game by capturing every noble on the map is probably a bad idea and shouldn't be a feature.

Good thing I didn't say anything like that then!

thats nice the problem is after a battle you are always near the 60% and lords escape before you even get to your walls
and if you fight during the night lords will escape in seconds hence a new day will start soon

edit: we need 1 day immunity to escapes

Even you are 15 men after battle escape chance of your hero prisoner is 10% according to formulas. Will decrease to 7.5% with 1.3.0
60% is for the 0 healthy men capturer party which led by npc hero mobile parties.

1 day immunity to escape is a good idea.

Even you are 15 men after battle escape chance of your prisoner is 10% according to formulas. Will decrease to 7.5% with 1.3.0
60% is for the 0 healthy men scenario for led by npc hero mobile parties.

thank you for fixing that problem that fix was indeed needed it felt like playing zombies at times
appropriate the hard work and the time at such a pace #respect

thank you for fixing that problem that fix was indeed needed it felt like playing zombies at times
appropriate the hard work and the time at such a pace #respect

It is not fixed yet only escaping probabilities are a bit decreased (at 1.3.0). It will be fixed when replacement heroes are added to clans. I reported this to responsible people and waiting their addition. Thanks for patience.

So with a 7.5% chance of escape from a walled settlement each day your average escape time is 13.33 days. Before it was a 10% chance, or average escape time of 10 days.

In an 81+ man party, a change from 30% to 22.5% is a change from an average escape time of 3.33 days to 4.44 days.

In the smallest party the average escape time is changes from 1.67 days to 2.22 days.

Yeah...I'm not sure this changes much at all. The problem is that they keep respawning with 50+ man parties and will keep attacking endlessly so you can never recruit or do anything. A change in average escape time of less than 3.33 days even in the best case scenario is pretty meaningless. The free instaspawn armies need to be changed...

I think that if lord are trying to escape he must be at 100 % hp. For example 2 % chance to escape per day after lord healed (20 % in 10 days). And castle dungeon must decrease imprisoned lords healing rates depends of castle development level. So lord will regen in jail longer.

I think that if lord are trying to escape he must be at 100 % hp. For example 2 % chance to escape per day after lord healed (20 % in 10 days). And castle dungeon must decrease imprisoned lords healing rates depends of castle development level. So lord will regen in jail longer.
If anything healing rates in castles should be faster. Noble prisoners were usually treated pretty well.
I do agree that prisoners should heal before attempting to escape though.

Yep, they seem to have a high chance to do that after a few days so you can't just keep them in your party and deprive the AI of someone who leads their parties on the campaign map for unreasonable amounts of time. Makes sense to me.

A faction's strength needs to be decoupled from the number of lords it has or this will remain a problem in some form forever. Army cap sizes arguably shouldn't exist and army sizes should be soft capped by available men, food, and money instead of arbitrary gamey stuff like clan level.

this is stupid,they must fix it for good once and for all. i say for player in dungeon, they should have create the prison and it's playable scene, so whenever you got in dungeon, you had to break from it by playing and planing escape, this is banner lord and must be different than warband, because we wait for a new mount and blade, not the old mechanism again, and for the AI lords, they should define some properties & buy-able customization to player's owned dungeon, so player could make the dungeon almost unbreakable by spending money and play time. another thing for AI prisoners, is the AI must sent requests to player, not just a pop up that the ransom accepted!!! this is a game not a streaming website and we like to play every thing by ourselves. and if player keeps ignoring the offers, then the allies of the imprisoned nobles gather a army larger than before and come to rescue them wherever they are! so player had a simple solution: "accept the offer!". and one more thing: the AI nobles shouldn't be all at field at a time, so whenever some of them got captured, the other half in garrisons come to rescue them in case player rejects their offers. for example nobles could have sons or brothers that whenever they are not around, the sons and brothers are the ruler of their cities and castles and depend on how loyal are they to those AI nobles, they could sent another army to rescue or aid the nobles against player or they can betray them!. and if player manages to beat them all, then that's a benefit of good playing, the difficulty of a game, must depend to good playing, not just a series of stupid limitation of player's hand and controls over the game. at end also if the player beats them all, the cities and castles must not just add to player's owned territories, some of them can stand independent, but as a penalty for losing their leaders, they would be sitting duck now and when you lay siege on them, no one will come to help them!!! and some also can offer pledge to player or other AI leaders!!! now this would be a nice mount and blade... . again this is not warband and we wait for long to see a great difference than WARBAND!!!....

Last edited:
this is stupid,they must fix it for good once and for all. i say for player in dungeon, they should have create the prison and it's playable scene, so whenever you got in dungeon, you had to break from it by playing and planing escape, this is banner lord and must be different than warband, because we wait for a new mount and blade, not the old mechanism again, and for the AI lords, they should define some properties & buy-able customization to player's owned dungeon, so player could make the dungeon almost unbreakable by spending money and play time. another thing for AI prisoners, is the AI must sent requests to player, not just a pop up that the ransom accepted!!! this is a game not a streaming website and we like to play every thing by ourselves. and if player keeps ignoring the offers, then the allies of the imprisoned nobles gather a army larger than before and come to rescue them wherever they are! so player had a simple solution: "accept the offer!". and one more thing: the AI nobles shouldn't be all at field at a time, so whenever some of them got captured, the other half in garrisons come to rescue them in case player rejects their offers. for example nobles could have sons or brothers that whenever they are not around, the sons and brothers are the ruler of their cities and castles and depend on how loyal are they to those AI nobles, they could sent another army to rescue or aid the nobles against player or they can betray them!. and if player manages to beat them all, then that's a benefit of good playing, the difficulty of a game, must depend to good playing, not just a series of stupid limitation of player's hand and controls over the game. at end also if the player beats them all, the cities and castles must not just add to player's owned territories, some of them can stand independent, but as a penalty for losing their leaders, they would be sitting duck now and when you lay siege on them, no one will come to help them!!! and some also can offer pledge to player or other AI leaders!!! now this would be a nice mount and blade... . again this is not warband and we wait for long to see a great difference than WARBAND!!!....
+1 (just without the rage)

I agree that this is a major issue. A lord that I've captured should not be able to escape and then amass an even larger army then before in less time than it takes me to recruit a dozen or so new troops. Its simply unrealistic.

I totally agree with this. At the moment it's just pure pain to fight of the same peasant armies of the same lords every 1-2 days. Don't let them escape that quickly and don't give them instant armies. If the AI "cheats", players get more frustrated than by an unbalanced development of powers between the factions.

My ideas:
- Prevent snowballing with diplomacy instead of cheats. Let 2-3 weaker factions form alliances to fight of the bigger threat with joined forces (Like in reality).
- make ransoms worthwhile: let AI send a small party asking to pay for their lords, drastically increase the sums and let there be bargain about it. Let the party take back the lord on the map to safety (protecting him from bandits). Factions should feel the monetary loss if they want to get back their lords. With x% chanes of escape every day, this is pointless obiously. You (and AI) just wait.
- Make recruitment more difficult and armies more expensive to maintain. Seriously: Which peasant want's to join a lord who got his ass kicked the last 10 battles in a row? Maybe drastically increase the recruiment costs for such a lord.

Speaking for myself I play the game with the idea to conquer all or at least many factions. If the game tries to maintain the balance between all factions at all cost and even by "unfair" means - then this is pointless.

Trying to fix snowballing with instant escapes and insta-spawn armies was a mistake imho. They say it's a temporary fix until replacement lords are made but it will be the same thing. We're still going to see insta-spawn armies but this time they'll be led by new lords instead of the ones sitting in dungeons.
The game forces you to make battles constantly which is making the only redeemable quality of the game boring pretty fast.

Currently in a war where I hold no castles nearby (they're more than 4 days away). This means I get to fight the same lords every week or so. Can't put them in friendly faction dungeons because they escape nearly instantly due to no 'player advantage' -- what an entirely ridiculous idea.

Or until the prisoner is healed above 50~80%? Though I don't know if it interacts with the Medicine skill.
Showing the escape chance with the different modifiers on a tooltip would be a good addition too I think. Too many players think of it as a bug. Personally I didn't even know the escape chance was lower in prison.

Back
Top Bottom