Help with adding a new face

Currently viewing this thread:

John25-

Sergeant
Best answers
I have another question, still related to this topic: after successfully adding a new face texture to warband, for some reason it appears white when looking at a character from far away, and the texture appears when getting closer
Does someone know where the issue comes from and how to solve it?

Eärendil Ardamírë

Subforum Moderator
WBWF&SM&B
Best answers
Does your texture perhaps have mip maps? Compare your texture and your texture/material entry detailed with the ones of Native.

John25-

Sergeant
Best answers
The issue was actually related to the .LOD copy of the material in OpenBRF, I only had the normal material but not its .LOD - just had to add one

manface1: young face texture, old face texture, man_normalmap, man_old_normalmap, and faceshader_high_specular
manface1.LOD: young face texture, old face texture, and faceshader_simple

And it works fine now :smile:

AlbertFaubrein

Recruit
Best answers
Hey guys, I would like to know how can I make my own face texture, can I just import the head mesh in Blender and texture paint on it?
I don't know if the uvs are exported with the mesh.

Eärendil Ardamírë

Subforum Moderator
WBWF&SM&B
Best answers
Hey guys, I would like to know how can I make my own face texture, can I just import the head mesh in Blender and texture paint on it?
I don't know if the uvs are exported with the mesh.
Look up how the head looks like in OpenBRF. You will notice that you also see only half a head since it will get mirrored by the engine. You can export it and it will still have the same UV-map applied to it, so you should be able to simply view it at Blender and retexture it. Create for yourself also a copy of the face textures of Native, so you get a feeling how they should look like in the end.

AlbertFaubrein

Recruit
Best answers
Thank you, just what I need to know.
I will try to mirror the mesh in blender to have a better view of the head, hope the mesh is centered...