Help needed - 3d modelling and texturing

Users who are viewing this thread

ntb_15 said:
kuauik said:
ntb_15 said:
Some new armors for the Eastern Romans  :razz:.

Byz_armors-1.png
great,i can do some texture touchups if you want,btw that shiny thing should be leather :mrgreen:

Thanks mate. And yes please  :mrgreen:.

Hahaha, the shiny part is leather  :razz:. I am using an outdated version of openbrf, and it had some problems with speculars.
Ingame they look ok.
mb56.jpg
we must do some byzantine helmets,these are looking way too ninja style :razz:

Yeah, you are right. Out of the 6 byzantine helmets we have, 4 are with ninja style face mail. Some normal greek helmets are needed.

Double post  :razz:.

I thought i would make some generic map icons for the different cultures.

I made this in less than 2 hours and is just a rough attempt and i looked at absolutely no references when making these  :grin:, they were made from my idea about these cultures, so please do point out the mistakes i have done as well as some suggestions to improve them.

1. For the Hafsids and maybe the granadians as well?
2. For the iberians. I guess italians could use it also.
3. Eastern orthodox with snow.
4. Eastern orthodox without snow.
5. Eastern catholic.
6. Native icon.

map_icons_1257_2.png
map_icons_1257.png

ntb_15 said:
Double post  :razz:.

I thought i would make some generic map icons for the different cultures.

I made this in less than 2 hours and is just a rough attempt and i looked at absolutely no references when making these  :grin:, they were made from my idea about these cultures, so please do point out the mistakes i have done as well as some suggestions to improve them.

1. For the Hafsids and maybe the granadians as well?
2. For the iberians. I guess italians could use it also.
3. Eastern orthodox with snow.
4. Eastern orthodox without snow.
5. Eastern catholic.
6. Native icon.

map_icons_1257_2.png
map_icons_1257.png
great icons,could you perhaps make Acre?i think we all are travelling there a lot :razz:
http://img.viajescondestino.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/acre.jpg

Thanks guys. And what a coincidence, i had been planning to make a custom Acre icon with a harbour like in the pic you linked  :razz:.

ntb_15 said:
Thanks guys. And what a coincidence, i had been planning to make a custom Acre icon with a harbour like in the pic you linked  :razz:.
sweeet :razz: btw i have made so many new items,but i have a hard time to sorted them out,so Thomas can recognize what model goes with what texture and what they should replace,i am tooo lazy to send them :mrgreen:

I love it! Also, I know this was up for debate a looong time ago, but I was reading through the old posts and I saw two things I'd like to mention:
1. Skandinav said that "Swineburg" should be renamed "Swinaburg" (a single letter's difference, E to A)
2. The Castle of Hammershus on the island of Bornholm really deserves to be included, it's not that far from the models posted by kuauik above, although it would require a little map editing as it is basically placed on top of a steep hill surrounded by ocean  :grin:

I would absolutely love to see Hammershus as it looked in 1257, newly built. The thread wherein it was discussed featured extensive imagery, building plans and ground plans, so yeah. Even if it might only be interesting to me because I grew up on Bornholm and could visit the ruins as often as I wanted, it'd still be worth including, I'd say. Especially for the unique terrain that made it impossible to invade from sea.

Sure, no problem  :razz:. But i dont understand, floating boom?
Do you mean the curved shape for the harbour?

Finished the Golden gate at Constantinople, now we just need Al_mansur's theodisian walls and Raywagner can start making the city scene.
We also need some more houses.

mb42.jpg
mb43.jpg

And a small test scene that i arranged while testing these props  :razz:.

mb45_1.jpg

mb48_1.jpg

mb44.jpg

ntb, that is GORGEOUS, truly. I know a lot of modders assume that their work is never appreciated, but I always tend to take a ride around every city I visit on the off-chance it's been hand modelled. And here's a city that definitely doesn't disappoint.

Might I suggest though, some palms or scrubs and such in front of the walls? So that they don't look quite as empty, that is. Such a large city usually has things like poor stalls and vagrants outside, those who were denied entrance for whatever reason and chose to hang around. As it is, it looks magnificent, imposing and even slightly scary and monolithic in its emptiness. Perhaps the horse seller would be located outside along with a horse fold? Again, wonderful looking, thank you for the hard work (and that goes to all scripters, modellers and anyone else involved).

Awesome props, especially the gate  :smile: But I hope its size fits with my walls.
Btw, your North African map icon can indeed be used by Granadines, although I would like to make one for them.

DrTomas said:
awesome!

Al_mansur walls are in my version. If you'll send me the gate, I'll do a revision tommorow with the props for Ray. :smile:
Thanks, thats great, i will send em today  :smile:.

Waffenbaum said:
ntb, that is GORGEOUS, truly. I know a lot of modders assume that their work is never appreciated, but I always tend to take a ride around every city I visit on the off-chance it's been hand modelled. And here's a city that definitely doesn't disappoint.

Might I suggest though, some palms or scrubs and such in front of the walls? So that they don't look quite as empty, that is. Such a large city usually has things like poor stalls and vagrants outside, those who were denied entrance for whatever reason and chose to hang around. As it is, it looks magnificent, imposing and even slightly scary and monolithic in its emptiness. Perhaps the horse seller would be located outside along with a horse fold? Again, wonderful looking, thank you for the hard work (and that goes to all scripters, modellers and anyone else involved).
Thanks mate :smile:, but that scene is not the actual Constantinople scene, that is just a test scene i use to test the shading/shadows/normal maps etc of the props i make. The actual Constantinople scene will be made by RayWagner.

Al_Mansur said:
Awesome props, especially the gate  :smile: But I hope its size fits with my walls.
Btw, your North African map icon can indeed be used by Granadines, although I would like to make one for them.
Thanks  :smile:, i hope so too  :razz:.
Yes, i think it would look great if both factions had different icons. My original plan was to make unique icons for each faction, but that would take a longtime and wont be finished for some time, so these icons i made are kind of temporary to represent different cultures until then.

The modified acre icon and a wooden city icon are up next  :razz:.

Back
Top Bottom