• Warlock

Votes: 11 12.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

ferevon said:
HTAPAWASO said:
ferevon said:
HTAPAWASO said:
High ranks have far fewer aggro decks. I got to legend the other day, and the most popular decks are midrange hunter and ramp/watcher druid.

Rank 10-5 though was pretty much all rush hunter and zoo warlock. The deck I've been running is incredibly good against hunter, with about 90% winrate, and about 70% against zoo, so I recommend it if you're struggling with aggro:
Hearthstone_Screenshot_4_17_2014_13_32_11.png
If you don't have the legendaries I would switch them for 2x azure drake and 2x argent commander.
I would also switch the Big Game Hunter for another sunfury if giants/rag aren't common at your rank.

And if you really want to improve the zoo matchup, switch the force of nature and savage roar for 2x claw.
Any specific reason you don't run watchers?

Too slow and unreliable.
Against zoo, the chance of getting something to activate the watcher before you're dead is fairly low.
Against hunter, having an extra minion on the board isn't usually worth the taunt (because of unleash), especially against midrange hunters.
Against control, they're only really useful if you silence them, and you want to save your silence for dealing with threats like Cairne, Ysera and Savannah Highmane.

Wild pyro, on the other hand, which is essentially what it's replaced with:
Easy to activate, often clears the board against zoo.
Gets a high damage minion out early to start rushing down hunter/control.
Thanks, I understand.
Do you play control warrior by the way? I got DW and Sylvanas from packs and use them(dw may seem bad but being totally unexpected makes it useful sometimes, though there are times it's a dead card as well), and I also use Ragnaros which I've crafted myself.
I don't have the dust still, but what would you recommend for the next legendary? I'd go cairne actually but I find myself in a situation where I can't end games and it gets longer and longer, mostly in favor of my opponent. That's why I'm thinking of Grommash first, I feel like when I can't win against handlocks lack of grom has an effect on this, because I need burst damage for handlock or they just keep taunting molten giants or healing to 15

If you're only interested in control warrior, Grommash is pretty much the most important legendary so I would craft that.

I don't play the deck personally, mainly because I'm missing some cards, but I do know it's fallen out of favour recently because zoo is so popular. In my last 100 games I've faced only 4 warriors.

If you want a more general card though, Cairne and Leeroy are the obvious choices. Cairne does compete for a spot with Sylvanas though so maybe less important for you.

While I don't really know anything about control warrior, I'd like to very much second Leeroy. I just crafted it myself, after I realized that about five of the decks I want to run don't function nearly as well, if at all, without him. And my most aggressive decks are just mid range control. He's just one of the best finishers for almost any class. Cairne is admittedly something I put into literally every single deck, though.

Also, thanks for that Druid deck. I tested it out some, and it worked very well against both hunter and zoo. I only played a few games with it though, as I finally seemingly got past that painful bracket of nonsense. Swapped back to my old Druid again, and only ran into a single hunter and a single zoo in the last ten games with it. It also kinda deals with them decently, but I think I'll actually throw pyros in that deck also to make it more resistant to them. I'm ashamed that I didn't think of that myself when I was trying to make it work earlier. :razz:

SootShade said:
While I don't really know anything about control hunter, I'd like to very much second Leeroy. I just crafted it myself, after I realized that about five of the decks I want to run don't function nearly as well, if at all, without him. And my most aggressive decks are just mid range control. He's just one of the best finishers for almost any class. Cairne is admittedly something I put into literally every single deck, though.

Also, thanks for that Druid deck. I tested it out some, and it worked very well against both hunter and zoo. I only played a few games with it though, as I finally seemingly got past that painful bracket of nonsense. Swapped back to my old Druid again, and only ran into a single hunter and a single zoo in the last ten games with it. It also kinda deals with them decently, but I think I'll actually throw pyros in that deck also to make it more resistant to them. I'm ashamed that I didn't think of that myself when I was trying to make it work earlier. :razz:

Glad it helped.

Took me an embarrassingly long time to think of putting in pyros also, but it quickly became my favourite card in the deck.

Thanks then I'll get grom. Leeroy is unimportant since I don't play aggros.
Less popular due to the increase in the rate of Harrison Jones and midrange hunters I guess.
Though it's still strong against rush hunters.

HTAPAWASO said:
SootShade said:
While I don't really know anything about control hunter, I'd like to very much second Leeroy. I just crafted it myself, after I realized that about five of the decks I want to run don't function nearly as well, if at all, without him. And my most aggressive decks are just mid range control. He's just one of the best finishers for almost any class. Cairne is admittedly something I put into literally every single deck, though.

Glad it helped.

Took me an embarrassingly long time to think of putting in pyros also, but it quickly became my favourite card in the deck.
Yeah, never mind. Still running into a whole lot of aggro crap at rank 4-5. However, it's remarkably easy to deal with, now that I replaced my ancients of war, Onyxia and Cenarius with pyros, another claw and Leeroy. As much as I love my big ass late game, it really doesn't help when I die before I can play it.

Edit: Leeroy is actually perhaps the thing making the biggest difference. The ability to surprise burst down the enemy that one turn before you get overwhelmed is really valuable. Way more effectively than big taunts currently are, I'm finding.

SootShade said:
HTAPAWASO said:
SootShade said:

Glad it helped.

Yeah, never mind. Still running into a whole lot of aggro crap at rank 4-5. However, it's remarkably easy to deal with, now that I replaced my ancients of war, Onyxia and Cenarius with pyros, another claw and Leeroy. As much as I love my big ass late game, it really doesn't help when I die before I can play it.

Edit: Leeroy is actually perhaps the thing making the biggest difference. The ability to surprise burst down the enemy that one turn before you get overwhelmed is really valuable. Way more effectively than big taunts currently are, I'm finding.

I agree completely. Everyone expects savage roar on turn 9 so they clear your board, but leeroy + roar on turn 7 has won me many games, especially against hunters who tend to leave your minions alive.

Posting to watch thread, as I have been really into Hearthstone since beta. 

Is there a section with TaleWorlder's battle.net info?  Would like to add people from here onto there to play with.
Am also kinda interested in these 'Fireside Battles' that are going on soon, at least in the US.

Amroth said:
Posting to watch thread, as I have been really into Hearthstone since beta. 

Is there a section with TaleWorlder's battle.net info?  Would like to add people from here onto there to play with.
Am also kinda interested in these 'Fireside Battles' that are going on soon, at least in the US.
I think I should do something like that, so that we can get more social in-game as this game has less sociality than others due to not having chat(which I like actually)

Allright people, write your nickname-tag and server you play on, I'll collect them on the first page!

Heh, first 12-0 arena. Three eviscerates, three scrubs, two backstabs, three fan of knives... Also an assortment of other good rogue cards and a couple of spell power minions. Also a few simple useful minions, but most of the time I had very few minions. I won the games by keeping their board cleared permanently and whittling them down with just a couple small minion until assassin's blade and spell power eviscerates/blade flurry won the games. Alternatively scrub flood.

Rogue can be crazy in arena. All the cards you really need are basic or common (Well, SI-7, Perdition's blade and occasionally blade flurry are good too, but those are also just rares) and they are especially good at controlling the very minion heavy decks, which is almost everything you run into in arena. That said, you don't usually get quite as good a selection of cards as this deck, and I was lucky in running into fairly few paladins and mages.

I have my best arena winrate with rogue, as well as my best 12 win run which is 12-1 ( no dream :sad: )
Its a bit risky because if you dont get ver valuable class cards you just cant do anything but when you have the cards you mentoined, it all changes(though i dont agree on fan of knives)
And what i draft for rogue is simply making an aggro deck with as many 2-3 mana cards as possible, and picking late minions just if they are too valuable to skip(Ogre!, legendaries) or the other cards are just bad.
When it works and I have an aggro deck its +9 wins simply and if it doesnt work..Well then 2-3 wins expected if i dont have those eviscerates either.

Btw I was rank 10 with my control warrior deck and was bored of facing Zoo over and over... So I just made my own zoo deck and guess what? I'm 6 now lol. Probably because my zoo deck is ok without legendaries but my warrior deck is not as effective as my zoo deck for that reason.
I guess the deck is OP because it is very budget-friendly ( I know some zoos run 2-3 legends but not very important)
So I just don't like copying any decks, and that's why I've started experimenting on my Zoo , I son't know which zoo is more popular but I had a look at Reynad's zoo and it has about 5-6 different cards which is a good beginning.
Now I'll try blood knight(have 4 divine minions) I guess this one is pretty much ok but my other experiments will be Sea giant and Frostwolf .. Well maybe it's just better to flood the board with cheap minions but hunters turned out to be a midrange class after all those rush-face decks, so I thought of something similar to this. It may be that Im already winning the game If I got such a board to get use of those two minions(3-4 minions) but then at least I may ensure that I won't lose the lead to an AoE, though If Im losing it wont do anything probably. The other good thing is that nobody hesitate to hex 3/4 mana minion or doomguard vs zoo if they can, which may cause my sea giant to get on the field after the removals are used. Anyway probably won't work as well as the original but then at least I'll have used my own deck :smile:

Edit: omg wall of text :grin:

There's no question to me that arena is getting harder though as the bad/new player pool dries up.

My average has dropped from 8.5 or so when I started to about 6.5, which is still high enough for it to be economical but not by a lot.

Back
Top Bottom