Haven and Hearth

Users who are viewing this thread

Swadius said:
I could grind 4k for claim with my stub of a character. It's not like I'm focusing on that one anyway.

But then I'd have to stop raising survival, sewing and marksman. I can't wait two minutes to have a maybe 30% chance of hitting anymore. Need to get 20, at least.

Besides, it'd kill my sign. I made my wall much bigger than needed, so I have my runestone as 'Welcome to Fort Wanker. If you take ****, put it back when you're done.' Considering adding 'Even if it's food. Just remember to wipe your bum.' to the end.

I put some leather in your closet at fort Wanker

It would be awesome if if found some leather gloves and pants someday.

Rejoice! Priapat has granted us a starter kit for prospecting full of high quality perception foods and rustroot. With this we should be able to locate a mine and gain access to metal at last. Priapat gives us this gift however, with the request that we stop expanding to the northeast so I suggest that once we find this mine we do indeed abandon our current location.

For now I think we should designate our prospectors so we know who to distribute these items to. I think that there is enough for two prospectors to work effectively.

Perception, in conjunction with Exploration, determines the visibility of certain objects in the wild (Inkweed, Rustroot...)
So far we haven't upgraded perception very much, we should go hunt deers :razz:

Well, prespection itself only requires the skill itself. To find rustroot though, the one ingredient you need to go prsopecting, you need 20 perception, 20 exploration.

I'm all for their "offer". If AvaRice gives me some of the rustroot stuff, I'll go and have a look. First I'll check out this site I found southeast though.

Do you guys realise how close we were/are to being ganked? If they want us gone, more so the hearth fires than really us, they could'Ve killed us and kept the ressources.

Also you guys with more thsan char and thus hearth in TW village, please kill them off in the meantime to remove the fires. They're lowering the quality of the animals around us and that city.

We should plan it out this time. I need something close to trees and water. Good amount of space, too. Also, once we find a mine a lot of my leather stuff will be obsolete, but my sewing works with cloth too :wink:

Also, we have contact with Priapet? Damn, I never knew this. Any chance we could haggle for some dex food? That'd help me get some good merchant cloaks etc out with the silk someone should be producing soon.
****, I'd never thought about that. right now we'd get wiped by one guy.

Oh, and depending on the size of this gift basket, I found a good fishing spot. 9/10 times I get plaice (Or breem, I forget. whichever gives Perception). If we have any spare, I could do with it. Apparently Perception will help with archery soon.

I vote we take their offer before we get too heavily "stuck down" and move to one of the new supergrid areas - wih our significant LP and personal experience benefits we can have something much more organised far sooner.

We really should plan it out this time though. Also, I feel sorry for Hagen. He has a right setup, I saw it earlier D:

A problem is the new area has no mini maps at the moment. Exploring it is exceedingly tiresome as the view is limited to the actual play screen. it also makes map making a ***** to get right in proportion.

Currently I have 14per and 16explore

Yeah, much better than me.

Oh, heres something. They want us to stop going east because we're wrecking their area. They'd be overjoyed at us ****ing off to an entirely different grid. We should see if we can get anything else off 'em. Possibly not even good, but decent quality tools. It'd make settling much easier. A good herbalist table would let us plant a high Q forest, making all the wood stuff better. Our silk would be better, our...Basically everything.

Hagen doesn't have to come with us, you know.
Just got a ant queen, ant larvae and ant pupae s, I realized you can eat them, anyone want?
I also put a raw hide on one of your drying racks, Calodine.

We've been given 10 rustroots to start off, so whoever decides to prospect needs to be careful with their use of the roots and needs to be familiar with the land and how prospecting works. Forum search and wikia page are probably a good idea.

I have items for prospecting and items for our foragers to help them find rustroot.

Wellenbrecher will be taking some rustroot. Kronic I'm not sure if you're volunteering to prospect or forage. Devercia is volunteering for forage items?

City planning is definitely a good idea this time around. I don't know whether anyone ever got the lawspeaking skill, but it would be a good idea to have a lawspeaker once we find a mine. If anyone wants to sketch up a city plan, I'm sure everyone would prefer having an organized village over the mess we've been dealing with.

We don't really have anything worth haggling for at the moment. We're producing ~q15 items to their ~q100+ items  :smile:

I'll still have it, just my hearth fire will be gone :razz:

If we do this and if you tolerate me as part of it, here's somethign I'll definitely demand:
Two main roads, meeting in a place in the middle -> public area, much liek the mess there is right now
Along those roads square properties, nice and clean
No clean cuts concerning trees. Looks ugly and it's inconvenient.
Everybody marks out their terrain before they start building.

If you're not willing to do this, I'll head out by myself and take with me whoever's willing follow.

Swadius said:
Can I fit a cabinet on a boat?
You can, but sadly you can only lift empty ones. Straw baskets probaby the best we should have. Apart from two or three chests.

Expect spending an ingame day going back and forth between the new place and the old one if you want to take everything with you.

Edit: Damn me for forgetting this. You shoudl'Ve begged them for a little bit of butter. Or i'll shoudl've done this myself maybe.
This way I could make carrot cake. Much betetr than carrots themselves.

AvaRice, I'm willing to do either as they have similar requirements. I am however further off than say Devercia. I doubt I'll be one of the better candidates, but the offer is there. Will go read up on things just in case.

EDIT: And I approve of Wellenbrecher's organisational/cleanliness scheme.

If someone can draw up a ****ty map on paint it would work. Have squares marked 1,2,3, ect. and we give a name to each number as people call them. Two main roads that cut the town into four, and little ones that branch off as avenues where people can put more houses. A big middle area that is paved just for chillin.

Back
Top Bottom