Haven and Hearth

Users who are viewing this thread

Calodine said:
Horde that ****. Get a full inventory. Then get a cabinet, fill it, then carry that back.

We could make some mean Honey buns with that. Probably something like a full FEP level each bun :grin:

It was on my 'see how far we are from the center' character. We're pretty far from the center, I found it at the center.

Wellenbrecher said:
Nope. It's probably better and faster to start a new char in the village if you really want to play with the rest of them.

I am by a river also close by a swamp and a fault line, I just built a log cabin the day before in fact. Starting over seems like a waste of my time spent on it :razz:.

Still can't find myself here:
http://www.maplib.net/map.php?id=5883#

Where are you guys anyway?

That map is the main grid, there a layer 5 other the size of that around that one adn sicne.. yesterday another layer of 7 around those 5. And there are no maps of these areas whatsoever.
The best we know is that we're somewhere close to the former western border.

**** this crash right now. Danath had a lvl  7 bear in frenzy and I was killing a boar :???:

Maybe I'll just plant apple trees along my way around the world. Or along the river most likely, can't get clay if I'm not close to a body of water.

Also, I'm having trouble finding plants and such, especially seeds and flowers. Is there a skill that unlocks them on the map, or do I have to go on an expedition?

Oops. Thought he said bad idea.

Apple trees are a good idea.

I've no idea how hard it is, what with me being pampered. I started next to an apple tree and a cabinet full of **** people didn't want :grin:

Swadius said:
Also, I'm having trouble finding plants and such, especially seeds and flowers. Is there a skill that unlocks them on the map, or do I have to go on an expedition?
You get seeds harvesting, needed some farming skill
For wild plants, you need perception (stat) and exploring. Survival raises the quality of the stuff you pick, probably fish quality an so on.

Wellenbrecher said:
So, will you spawn at your hearth and be safe or risk drowning but keep the boat and the stuff in it?
Also I'd bet that the bear will spawn on our side of the river this time, haha.
Rejoice, for I was getting stones, so I'm safe  :grin:
Hope no ones comes and steals my boat  :mad:
PD: Good night

Swadius, get 10 survival and exploration as soon as you can. Lets you find herbs fairly easily, and any meat you get will give you FEPs, which give you stats. Also makes the hides and bones etc you get better, to boot.

Is there a way to do actions faster. For example instead of right clicking the apple tree and then selecting pick apple every time, is there a way to shorten that like holding down ctrl?

It's planned. Much like some sort of help for the harvest, which can be a pain in the arse as well.
So, no, unfortunately not. As much as I'd love to see it since I'm still eating a lot of apples as I don'T want to boost the wrong stats into unreachable heights.
I just ate two straw baskets full of carrots... :lol:

You can however shift+click from one inventory to another, or use ctrl+mousewheel to do it. The latter I only get to work every few tries, so it might be some other button or it only wokrs with a certain inventory.
ctrl+click drops the items to the ground.

Anyone need an extra hand? I'm that naked guy sleeping near one of Danath's huts to the south.

Do we have set currency yet?

Wellenbrecher said:
It's planned. Much like some sort of help for the harvest, which can be a pain in the arse as well.
So, no, unfortunately not. As much as I'd love to see it since I'm still eating a lot of apples as I don'T want to boost the wrong stats into unreachable heights.
I just ate two straw baskets full of carrots... :lol:

What do you mean by unreachable heights?

All your stats start at 10 points. You have to eat 10 pieces of food that give FEPs (Food Experience Point, or was it Food Event Point? Doesn't really matter). After that you will advance one point in one stat. If you eat different pieces of FEP food, the one that got the most points has the most chances to gain a point. It's all probability here. E.g. boar meat will boost strength, while blueberries will boost intelligence. If you mix those to 2/3 blueberries, you got a 75% chance of advancing in intelligence.
Now that you gained a point you'll need 11 pieces of FEP food to advance and so on.
So if you boost constitution to 20, but all the other stats are still 10, you'll need 20 pieces of FEP food to advance there non the less. In this calculation only the highest stat counts.

Later on you'll get food that gives more than one FEP, but it's still a pain in the arse if you got all that good bear meat lying around but can't eat it, because boosting your perception will take even longer and you will never be able to find that damned mine you so desperately want.

I probably should've linked to the wiki, as I'm surprisingly tired for this time of the night. Anyhow, here is the corresponding article. It's under "Increasing Stats"

As for your help, I could've used you yesterday when I built my palisade. Would've given you a ****load of LPs as well.

Back
Top Bottom