Has anyone here taken over the whole map?

Users who are viewing this thread

Muglos

Sergeant at Arms
Just curious if anyone has achieved this. Seems like it could take forever.

The furthest I have gotten is conquering the whole of Iberia and creating the kingdom of Spain which took a while. Now we are on campaign to conquer Ireland which has led to a war with England. England killed off Welsh and Gaelic Kingdoms  :cry:.  Now I'm constantly protecting my boarders from the Holy Roman Empire, France, and England! This has stalled my expansion to a grinding halt! :mad:

How far have you gotten?  I'm sure there are others who have conquered way more than this I would like to hear your stories.

Santimor said:
Game started on May of 2012 with Ireland. The idea first was to take the English out of the island, then it was a groing army... then i built my own Irish Kingdom :razz:, and after 1 year... Europe as 1!

This guy got it..

Ivan the Mediocre said:
As Ireland...h-h-how?

I've helped lead The Papal States to hold the majority of Italy and the surrounding areas along with the Kingdom of Sicily (Most of our territory overlaps because they're pretty gung-ho on killing anything non-Roman Catholic, and I usually just rush the enemy right after Sicily's attacks.) so I can see any faction being able to win as long as the circumstances are right. In one game the Irish might be bum rushed  by both England and Scotland at the same time, but in another they might conquer Norway. (Both of those things have happened in games of mine.)

Most I ever managed to do was help the Crusader States to conquer the whole middle-east, nearly all of Africa and half of Anatolia...Must take some serious commitment to conquer everything lol

My biggest win was with HRE as I could take half France, a few English coast towns/castles, Jutland, Poland, a few fiefs of Lithuanian and galician, north western parts of hungary, and a few north Italian towns. And a few manors I got as I helped the crusaders from being destroyed.
I never wanted to force a war against the pope so this was a boarder I never cross as long I'm playing as Christian lord. Even if he attacked me.
But as bigger the country becomes as more wars you have to fight and you get less chances to take a break. This could lead to money issues...especially if you are too much hated by your enemies. I think they try to attack your towns and villages first then.
But this game was stopped by a new rev with fantastic changes.

But I have to admit that since this time there comes many good changes that made the game harder.

Maybe if their leader is excommunicated?  :wink:

Just to add to that question: If the Papal States are destroyed, is it then impossible to conduct crusades?

Divilly said:
Speaking about the pope, can he make a invasion against a catholic country? And yes, this idea is from CKII.

The pope acts like any of the other leaders except the faction he works in has 100 relation with every Roman Catholic nation except for a few of the other Italian factions. If you have a good relation with him and are a member of the Papal States you can usually convince him to invade a fellow Catholic nation. It's kind of cheap though, as said Roman Catholic nations, as far as I've seen, will never declare war on the Papal States, unless there has already been a war between them.

Muglos said:
Maybe if their leader is excommunicated?  :wink:

Just to add to that question: If the Papal States are destroyed, is it then impossible to conduct crusades?

Don't kings always run away to a random castle once their faction is destroyed? If I'm right, which means they do, you just have to find him. If I'm wrong then you can pretend to have the satisfaction of punching me in the face as I taunt you from the shield of internet anonymity.  :twisted:

As marshall of England i conquered all great britain and ireland (a part of one castle -.-), all france, good part of hre, navarra,  venice, rome (ops  :mrgreen: ), something in norway and when i stop playing i was conquering aragon and castille.

In another game i found my kingdom (regnum venetiae) and conquered all italy (a part for Papal "untouchable" states) and so the balcan coast, then sultanat al hafsi. I also had two cities in the holy land.
My goal was to controll ALL the mediterranean coast  :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom