groups should have an objective!! not just to patrol!

Users who are viewing this thread

powertothemidgs said:
Merentha said:
powertothemidgs said:
as for the raiding/foraging thing.... foraging does mean to look for food not steal from towns come on people pay attention in english class.
First, you are one to talk about english, given your atrocious grammar and punctuation.

there is a huge difference with not having correct grammer and punctuation then getting a words definition wrong... if i really cared to i could type this out formally.. but i dont really feel like it because everyone can understand me fine anyways without correct grammar
No, the class can't say euphemism, sadly. :sad:

Definately going OT.  Funny how it started after my 2nd post above this one... Anyhoo, I DO want to know if AI is "tweakable" in mod tools, and especially want to know if we'll get official editing tools with the full version of M&B.  Would be really nice to have I think.

i beleive this suggestion could also be turned into a quest.. think about it, the king says that an army is headed this way and he would like help, he has sent out a war party but would like you to join it.? yes no?

Hi all,

seems that what people want in many contexts, not only this, is a more logical AI. Groups helping/attacking depending on allegiance/strength and so on. I certainly agree. And maybe I have not played enough to see it but it would be nice if sometimes bandits, manhunters and the like offered to join you. Especially small bands running away from you or another superior force.

Regards, Oldtimer

Shamino said:
Calandale, straight up.

You're really, really annoying.

... wtf? how bout u complain about calandale in your own thread

powertothemidgs said:
<Snip suggestion: serious 'roles' for parties>

At the present, the main game's military-economic system is -- as far as I can tell -- a placeholder. It's possible to implement some of this stuff, though not, as yet, certain functionality (attacking cities, for example); The Last Days is a bit closer to a full-fledged economic system, and...

It's tooting my own horn, and I admit it, but my own A Shield Lying on the Water implements a pretty broad set of unit activities, although it's a long way from finished and the majority of 'combatant' parties (as opposed to economic parties) mostly just, well, patrol.

That said, you should probably try it, if you think you'd enjoy playing such a system -- although this suggestion is certainly still valid, as this functionality's certainly not in Native. I think I've observed a consensus on the forums that Armagan is going to need to implement something like this before M&B 1.0...

Patrols always seem to ignore the enemy.. I was being chased by an army that hugely outnumbered me, saw a Swadian patrol and ran towards it.. they totally ignored the chasing army.

powertothemidgs said:
Tralfaz said:
I'm sorry, I just don't see much need, actually.  I mean, did someone follow a group of refugees around, to see where they go?  They SHOULD head towards nearest town(of their faction), but you also need to take into account they may run into bandits, deserters, (rogue)veterans, pirates, war parties, etc.  That would make it a bit difficult to just run to the nearest town.  As to Foragers being a "confiscation/thieving detail", the first thing I thought was "to wander in search of forage or food" (from http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/foraging ).  I don't know why you would've thought of a raiding party first.

it says what they are doing if u hover the mouse over their party... and if they are travelling somewhere it would say "travelling to ______" but all it says is patrolling which is ridiculous... 5 farmers and 1 peasant women should haul ass to the nearest friendly town or castle so as not to be caught by bandits
as for the raiding/foraging thing.... foraging does mean to look for food not steal from towns come on people pay attention in English class.
Er wouldn't farmers Have "Farming" and not hurling ass back to.... before the bandits own us and sell our women to the local bandit lord.Hmm Maybe there should be fields/farms on the map where the farmers are working.And you can visit the farms to buy/steal horses(stealing them means the farmers attack you.The merchant would sell the crop they were growing which will also add more things to trade with merchants and/or to eat.Anyone else notice the spell check option when modding text cause i just did

Back
Top Bottom