Graphics enhancements?

Users who are viewing this thread

Stix

Recruit
G'day all!

I'm a total warband  noob, 20 hours total in warband, all of that in vc and I'm loving it!

I've done a number of searches looking for mods to improve the visuals but it's all either outdated or a dark and gloomy mod. I've got a reasonably good computer and would really like to get the most I can out of this game.

The mod threads are confusing as hell! If anyone could point me the direction of a mod or visual enhancement threads that would be great!

Thanks in  Advance!

Stix

official list of released mods: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,323702.0.html

game engine is years old (that is why the requirements are also low). You won't find higher level graphics, as VC already pushed it to the limit on most cases. Compare to Native (from 2012) and you will see the difference.

what you can get is different art styles. If they are "better" or "worse" is then just a matter of opinion. Like the mod you mentioned that makes things darker. Some people love it. Some don't care about it.

You should watch trailers of Bannerlord to see what the game will look in a year or two (Native, not VC) when the sequel to Mount & Blade gets released.

VC's already pretty dark and gloomy as is, unless you have that weird graphical setting turned off, HDR or something.

kalarhan said:
game engine is years old (that is why the requirements are also low)....Compare to Native (from 2012)...
To be fair, even Native Warband from 2012 wasn't a new engine, but an upgrade to the original engine released in what, 2007? After at least 2 years in early access? And didn't Armagan write the engine himself? So ultimately VC is built on one guy's engine development from ~15 years ago. Amazes me how flexible and powerful it has proven to be.

Oh ****, the screenshots for Dark Age actually work for me now!
I might actually get around to downloading it finally, then. I've looked at it a couple of times but the screens always just showed an error, so I couldn't have any preview. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom